Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xlmod_1.JPG

xlmod_2.JPG

Mine is now modded too.
I would have done it myself, but my new Soldering Station will arrive in the beginning of the new Year >_>

So our Team Member didi1000 did it for me, very nice job and thx again!

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, that's exactly like what I'm looking for, where the connector is completely concealed under the battery cover.

Any idea what the connector was that he used?

corim123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of soldering, can't I just use some tape and glue?
I mean, all the wires need to do is make contact with the points right?
No you can't. It won't work well enough to get a good dump. Pay someone to do it or learn but don't try it like that or it just isn't going to work right.

Lunai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will interrupting a dump session via powerloss, cable disconnect, etc...affect the system NAND at all?
Will it corrupt it or will the system still have its nand data intact?

BTW this is a 3DS XL Pikachu Edition. Im not planning on ruining it's value.

corim123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will interrupting a dump session via powerloss, cable disconnect, etc...affect the system NAND at all?
Will it corrupt it or will the system still have its nand data intact?

BTW this is a 3DS XL Pikachu Edition. Im not planning on ruining it's value.
Soldering won't ruin it's value lol. It's easy to do it without leaving a trace. It will just corrupt your dump if it comes loose. Now loose wires could also touch other areas and short things in a way that does cause permanent damage. Not worth the risk.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am at a point, too, where I would be willing to just pay someone to get this done for me (assuming costs aren't too over the top). I have already spent about $35 on SD adapters to no avail (you can see my work/frustrations from about page 30-37).

The frustrating thing is that I feel I did everything right and others in the thread do too (based solely on pictures of course) and I still can't get it working. My computer recognized the DS a total of ONE time after having tried plugging in what must be 500+ times now...

deoFusion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am at a point, too, where I would be willing to just pay someone to get this done for me (assuming costs aren't too over the top). I have already spent about $35 on SD adapters to no avail (you can see my work/frustrations from about page 30-37).

The frustrating thing is that I feel I did everything right and others in the thread do too (based solely on pictures of course) and I still can't get it working. My computer recognized the DS a total of ONE time after having tried plugging in what must be 500+ times now...
Have you tried using a different computer?

corim123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well assuming you haven't scorched the points or anything, I could do it for you. Heck even if you have, I can probably still fix it. Shoot me a PM.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well assuming you haven't scorched the points or anything, I could do it for you. Heck even if you have, I can probably still fix it. Shoot me a PM.

You have a PM coming your direction. Points aren't scorched. They look like they did the day they came off the factory line. It's one of the things that has me so darn stumped. As far as anyone can tell, I am doing everything right.

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
I acidently updated to latest firmware:( But i did an NAND backup before:) Im trying to flash back my old nand image, but my computer doesnt find my nand?
i get the blue screen on my 3ds xl! Any help?

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I acidently updated to latest firmware:( But i did an NAND backup before:) Im trying to flash back my old nand image, but my computer doesnt find my nand?
i get the blue screen on my 3ds xl! Any help?
That's not a very good post, you don't elaborate at all about what you did to get to the point you are at right now. So don't expect much help until you do.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used an micro sd adapter and was soldering (cmd TO LEG 3), (clk to leg 5), (Ground to leg 6) and (Dat0 to leg7)

Are you saying that plugging your modded system into the computer doesn't cause the computer to recognize what you did?

I am in the same boat... I've spent maybe two dozen hours on this thing.

By the way, if you don't have your older firmware already dumped, you are never gong to roll back, even if you get this working, FYI

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
Are you saying that plugging your modded system into the computer doesn't cause the computer to recognize what you did?

I am in the same boat... I've spent maybe two dozen hours on this thing.

By the way, if you don't have your older firmware already dumped, you are never gong to roll back, even if you get this working, FYI

But i have my older firmware dumped thru Gateway and saved on my computer! I have tested the soldering points with an multimeter and everything seems good, but my computer doesnt fins my nand????

Matt1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I'm very much a noob who has been reading this thread hoping to mod my XL, though I believe I may have already doomed myself. I'm currently on the latest firmware. Does that mean that even if I followed the guide in this video that I would not be able to successfully dump/restore?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi