Hardware Help with CLK solder for NAND flashing hardmod

xshion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I need to hardmod my O3DS due to a brick (blue screen BOOTROM error), and opened the whole thing apart alredy. Watched some videos for how to solder the points but one thing is still obscure and its the CLK solder in the back of the board, the one inside a very small hole.

Here, from the hardmod thread, Im talking about the yellow point on the right picture:
CTR_NAND_pinout.png

How to I do it? Is there any tips, videos or pictures to help a solder newbie to do that one? I read that, from those three points close in the left picture, any of them will do the trick, but I didnt want to take the card slot off.

Thanks in advance.

xshion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@testerfan
So you need the solder to touch the copper inner circle of the hole? Wew, thats easier than I though. I was thinking that I'd need the solder would need to go INSIDE the hole and solder it to the other side, so I just need it to touch the point and solder the wire to fixate it?

Noticed one problem now, my wire is a bit too thick for the hole, only one filament would go inside... is that enough?

Last edited by xshion,

testerfan

Trophies
Website
www.fixxmaster.com
XP
Country
United States
you need to look for a thin insulated wire like on the picture that you can feed through the hole, if you have a thick wire and try to solder it over the hole - it would be very easy to pull out the copper contact off the motherboard

Reactions: xshion

xshion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Disaster incoming, obviously you don't know how to solder, so this will be an impossible task for you. You will damage your console.
The thing is, as of now I have no console. Its either leave it bricked forever or try do something. Failure will leave me on the very same place.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Go practice on some old PCB boards you don't need, it may seem easy but if you screw up cause "that looks easy" then.... , well it's just shame.
As vb said "Disaster incoming", also just got look for some crappy USB leads, should have thin wire in them.

xshion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It was one of the first places I checked, USB cable is also too thick for that hole, but I will check a headphone wire. But yeah, will practice a bit before doing that one.

Last edited by xshion,

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need 30 awg wire.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It was one of the first places I checked, USB cable is also too thick for that hole, but I will check a headphone wire. But yeah, will practice a bit before doing that one.

Understandable, or the other option is send it off to be repaired for a fee.

xshion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Understandable, or the other option is send it off to be repaired for a fee.
My only problem with this option is that I live in Brazil. Not only is hard to find people to do that around my state as even if I send the console to them, they make the mod and send back, our postal system is terrible and I could even lose the thing or have it damaged unless I pay the abusive prices for the best services like Sedex/Fedex (those services are really expensive here).

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night