Hardware nand flash dump (3ds xl)

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am seeing something interesting in the pic below (posted by "Kane49" post #515) regarding the SD card reader being wired directly. I do have a question about th wiring though. Can someone help explain where each of those colored wires is going? :wacko:

<--- Kane49's pic

<--- My pic

We seem to have wired things COMPLETELY differently!

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I am seeing something interesting in the pic below (posted by "Kane49" post #515) regarding the SD card reader being wired directly. I do have a question about th wiring though. Can someone help explain where each of those colored wires is going? :wacko:

We seem to have wired things COMPLETELY differently!

The pic is a mess... ,but seems to be correct.
He soldered the wires at the solder points (which is better imho, this way you can still use the reader for other cards).

brown = CLK
white = GND, he soldered it to the sd reader case
green (extended whith a white wire at the end) = CMD, hard to see
blue = DAT0

I checked your old wirings (the one with the SD Adapter, IDE cable, directly soldered to the 3DS), they were perfect.
I don't know what's wrong :(

Reactions: lordofthereef

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you try connecting your ground to 3 instead of 6?
or short 3 and 6 together.
http://gbatemp.net/attachments/mmc_adapter-jpg.3627/

I opened a kingston MicroSD-SD adapter, and it's shortened (shortcut?) together.
I opened a Kingston clone, and pin3 was not connected at all, my PC doesn't even manage to read the microSD content.
I guess pin3 might be required to some SD card readers, depending how they wired it.

Edit:
nevermind, I saw one of your pictures, it has a shortened 3-6 SD Card.

I don't know why you have this problem with different consoles/wires/computers.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hadn't tried connecting ground to 3 rather than 6, however there is pretty clearly a bridge there, both visibly, as well as when checked with a multimeter. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, tried changing pins (from 6 to 3). No dice.

Can someone confirm that I have done this right? Not that it is working... but I am doubting myself along every step, even though I am almost certain I did this right, maybe I didn't...

Purple = CMD
Orange = CLK
Green = GRND
Red = Data 0

n1ghty

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Can someone confirm that I have done this right? Not that it is working... but I am doubting myself along every step, even though I am almost certain I did this right, maybe I didn't...
Correct. But I can't see the wires soldered into the 3DS to check if they are really connected to the correct points.
Your previous ones were correct, so I don't think you made a mistake there.
I prefer already colored cables, check if you made a mistake in coloring them. :unsure:
I don't know if anyone had an incompatible reader yet. I'm clueless...

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish it were as simple as me coloring the cables wrong :(

Below is what everything looks like soldered to the 3DSXL

So, I think everything matches up perfectly.

From left to right

Orange, Purple, Red, with green in the back (I have purposely not named the points so that you can just look at the image and confirm that the ORDER matcheds up with the POINTS correctly... hope that makes sense?)

sebbydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean exactly? You want this performed or you want a 4.5> firmware? You can still ifnd low firmware devices or you can easily find somebody to install this for you if you'd prefer.

hmm finding somebody might be hard and i dont have a low filmware 3ds = ( i can go buy a 3ds xl now since they are having a sale on target for 150 but ill be lost. using my bro 3ds

corim123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm finding somebody might be hard and i dont have a low filmware 3ds = ( i can go buy a 3ds xl now since they are having a sale on target for 150 but ill be lost. using my bro 3ds
I mean I can solder that in for you but it doesn't help if you don't have a 4.5 firmware 3DS. You can look on ebay and find a low firmware one, I found one last week. But if you just want to use flash carts, you don't even need to have this performed.

sebbydaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean I can solder that in for you but it doesn't help if you don't have a 4.5 firmware 3DS. You can look on ebay and find a low firmware one, I found one last week. But if you just want to use flash carts, you don't even need to have this performed.

i thought flash carts didnt work with 3ds games ???

corim123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus Christ. Please do a little searching around. You obviously are in over your head and have no need for the procedure documented here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: Pleasure to meet you +1