Thad Boyd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
corporate-sellout.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the "first partition is not FAT32" error too. The Wii U is a 32GB model. I've tried two different microSDXC cards, one a 64GB SanDisk Ultra, the other a 128GB Samsung Evo. Both formatted using the following (command line, Linux):

Code:
mkdosfs -F 32 -I /dev/sdj1

I dumped the first 100K of each disk using

Code:
dd if=/dev/sdj of=filename.bin bs=1024 count=100

Here are the dumps:

(EDIT: Removed; issue is fixed now. See following posts.)

Last edited by Thad Boyd,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm getting the "first partition is not FAT32" error too. The Wii U is a 32GB model. I've tried two different microSDXC cards, one a 64GB SanDisk Ultra, the other a 128GB Samsung Evo. Both formatted using the following (command line, Linux):

Code:
mkdosfs -F 32 -I /dev/sdj1

I dumped the first 100K of each disk using

Code:
dd if=/dev/sdj of=filename.bin bs=1024 count=100

Here are the dumps:

SanDisk
Samsung

(Not much there; mostly zeroes. In hindsight 100K was way too much, but there it is anyway.)
Had a look at the Sandisk, your first and only partition (as it should be) is type 7 (found at byte 1C2), while the proper type for FAT32 LBA is type C; dunno if that's what this homebrew cares about, but something to try...

7 is used for HPFS, NTFS, and indeed ExFAT

zebualvi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update: Fixed the issue by reseting Wii U to factory settings and running entire setup again.

Hi everyone, I recently got a Wii U and tried the guide at wiiu.hacks.guide. I have already installed Haxchi and when I try to do a Nand backup using Nand Dumper, I get an error while copying MLC, which stops at 80000. I am using a Samsung 128 GB Micro SD card with SD card adapter. I tried formatting and copying files from a different tutorial but the problem arises at 80000 mark. I renamed my SD card as well, with both all lower and all capital names to see if it would make a difference. I formatted it both in Windows using GUIFormat and Mac using NTFS for Mac app. I tried both 32K and 64K file sizes as well. Here is the picture of this error. I would be really grateful if someone can point out what the issue is. I do not have another functioning card atm (my backup SanDisk 64 GB card is not working and will take a few weeks to be replaced).

Thanks.
View attachment 139919

Last edited by zebualvi,

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it safe to interrupt this process (I guess by restarting the console)? I started the process yesterday at 8am and it's now 15:30 and it's not even halfway. Seems to be running at the rate of 900bytes every 7 seconds. I'm dumping to a 128sd card, formatted to fat32. Clearly there's something wrong as it shouldn't be this slow, but I'm kinda hesitant to just power off the console...

Last edited by FloatingFatMan,

Jacksaur

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting a black screen on every attempt with my system, requires a power cycle to get my console running again. Only dumping OTP and SEEPROM.
I'm using Haxchi if that matters.

edit: Swapped to Mocha FW. Now it just loads the Wii U Menu instead of crashing.

Last edited by Jacksaur,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
hello guys. i recently got a Wii U 32gb and a 128GB sd card.

the problem im having is that every time i create a backup it creates 15 parts of mlc.bin and doesnt create the 16th. and the 15th part is like 1.1 gb

how would i resolve this. so it creates a good backup.

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the following error when trying to start the dump:

failed to open /otp.bin for writing

same error for seprom
failed to open /seprom.bin for writing

I am on a wii u 32GB EUR 5.5.1 and I installed haxchi over Dr. Kawashima ds game.

The things I have tried and checked:
1/ I am not on CFW
2/ I have re-formatted my sd card and I have tried 3 different cards (64gb samsung evo, 64gb samsung microsd xc, 8gb transcend) and reformatted each of these cards several times.

I am out of options now... any suggestions?

SundayWarrior

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi. Otp.bin is unique file? I have bricked wiiU with 160-0101, maybe chbc brick. Any reason dump slc without otp.bin? Or what i can do on mlc dump? I guess no needed files on 32gb flash and then console get system error, or how its work?

Upd. Otp.bin unique file, and if you dont have orig file from brick console, you cant fix soft brick

Last edited by SundayWarrior,

Erikone360

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi. Otp.bin is unique file? I have bricked wiiU with 160-0101, maybe chbc brick. Any reason dump slc without otp.bin? Or what i can do on mlc dump? I guess no needed files on 32gb flash and then console get system error, or how its work?
Any solution?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry, I have CBHC brick (My fault! Formatted Sysnand before uninstall.. Boots logo.. Error 160-0101) Is it possible to dump OTP?

(I cloned my SysNand to Rednand using the guide, dont know if that can be at all useful)

Did you solve your error?

wiiLike2Hacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I'm following the wiiuhacks guide dumping the nand. Nand dumper starts up fine, but doesn't seem to proceed beyond

slc = 4000/4000

After that it just seems to hang. I've opted out of MLC, and have left it run for about 10 - 15 minutes ... how long should it take?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup guys