ROM Hack Nanashi no Game

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one should put expectations on a supposed release date of a translation or Rom hack project.
Not tryin to upset anyone, but there IS a general rule when it comes to these things.
No matter if a project is comin out soon, "later", 0%, 100% or anywhere in between.
It'll be done when its done.
Everyone constantly asking "is it done yet?"
Or even worse, talkin trash like "this is taking too long" or "OMFG NO UPDATES!!?"
These projects are done by very generous ppl.
They take their precious time and work very hard so that we can play a translated or modded game.
The best thing to do is show love and support to these teams so they know they're appreciated and make them feel their effort is worth completing the project.
Just be grateful and considerate.
Rant over...
Again, many thanks to the whole team for the hard work!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, don't be so harsh. There have been many a translation patches made where the team always gave release date promises and percentages the entire way. It's not uncommon to see someone who comes from that thinking all fan translations work the same way.

However, you're right. The team is working hard to make the translation of this game perfect, especially for this game since it's lacked a translation for too long on the grounds that it was too much work to be worth it. I think everyone is grateful for their work on a translation and if they choose not to translate the sequel, then the translation of this game may inspire others to try translating the sequel.

Sure, it's okay to ask for updates if there hasn't been one in a long time, but not all the time. Just once in a while is fine, I think.

Anyway, if anyone wants to know if the patch is done yet, go check the first post. No need to post here asking. Just go to the first post. If there's no download link, it's not done. It's as simple as that. Those who don't understand such a simple concept can GTFO.

Reactions: 1 person

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are correct. I'm having a hell of a time trying to get in contact with any of the other team members so I could get a pass on the final patch from everyone on the team. I sent a PM to summvs and Ryusui yesterday telling them I'll be releasing it this weekend since I'm fairly sure it's release ready. Sora was doing one last play through with the RC patch I sent earlier this week but I don't think there will be anything left to do at this point.

Awesome! I've been following the translation since you guys started but didn't post anything. I just wanted to say I appreciate the work you guys are doing especially on a game that was unhackable. Now I'm going back into lurk mode.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You are correct. I'm having a hell of a time trying to get in contact with any of the other team members so I could get a pass on the final patch from everyone on the team. I sent a PM to summvs and Ryusui yesterday telling them I'll be releasing it this weekend since I'm fairly sure it's release ready. Sora was doing one last play through with the RC patch I sent earlier this week but I don't think there will be anything left to do at this point.

I thought summvs or someone didn't have net connection or something? Wow that soon...Awesome work guys. Are you guys going to do a low key release of the patch or going to ask a mod to do a front page news exclusive thing? :P

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I thought summvs or someone didn't have net connection or something? Wow that soon...Awesome work guys. Are you guys going to do a low key release of the patch or going to ask a mod to do a front page news exclusive thing? :P
He hasn't said anything like that to my knowledge so as far as I know he has an internet connection. My guess is he's probably busy with work and trying to get back to his normal schedule after his vacation. It's up to the mods if they want to put it on the front page but I don't plan on asking.
Oh crap! I had to backtrack this thread to page 19. Sorry that was you who lost power >.< my mistake!
I'd say you guys deserve all the credits for translating such a game. How's it feel after coming so far into this project?

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to the release. :yay: (But please take your time if there's still anything left to be done.)
Thank you everyone for the hard work. :wub:

Stephapanda

Clover's Wife
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm so excited! Thank you once again for all your hard work on this, it is very much appreciated! :3

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Then Chell decided she wanted to start a new game, so she deleted one of the files I was using (I'm playing through both a male and female playthrough, seeing as some gender-specific glitches happened once). My playthrough is going to take a little longer now. However, seeing as the translation is perfect (or near-perfect) now, I wouldn't see why anyone would need me to play through the game again. I will do another two playthroughs, though. Just for continuity's sake.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I feel so happy i waited this long... Finally! My chance to play the Cursed Game...! WOOT!

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm So excited for this! Hopefully the last bits go smoothly for you guys.
Aside from any surprise bugs that would keep it from happening, ill be eagerly watching this thread.
Thank you all so much!
This great work should definitely get on the front page when released!

Teira-chan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following this topic since page....20-something (actually made an account just to post here), and I'm astounded at how quickly you guys have progressed. :'D I've been dying (fffff) to play this game in English ever since I first heard about it...you guys are saints. Thank you for your hard work and devotion to the project!

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, my apologies if this has already been covered.
What version of this game will we need to have for this?
Specifically, does it need to be clean or not, and if there are multiple versions of the game, which one will we need to apply the patch correctly?
(I assume clean is needed, also heard there was a regular and some sort of special edition, which is why I'm asking a seemingly noobish question.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr