Nana Nana Boo Boo - Sky3D Masterace CONFRIMED

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Row, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Row
    OP

Row Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2015
    United States
    What are you thoughts about Sky3DS now? Gateway seems like such a headache...anyone else going to make the jump?

2. artlan

artlan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2008
    United States
    Not a chance :lol:

3. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Just got mine today. It will stay a backup just as planned. Gateway works the same today as it did yesterday. Just have to visit an diffent website for any eshop content I would like. I don't want to be a pirate but Nintendo makes me. :cry:

4. nyder

nyder GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2014
    United States
    Why does this stuff matter? Are people such losers that they base value on items that people use? What I see is gamers who enjoy gaming and for whatever reason, like the grey area flashcards provide. What I don't care to see if little kids trying to convince everyone else that because they choose X product, they are better then the people who choose Y product. Can we stop with this pointless edick wagging that keeps going on? It does NOT matter what flashcard anyone uses. All the matter is that we are fellow gamers who are trying to get our game on via different devices.

Embrace our community, embrace the choices we have, do not make it into a petty war.

artlan likes this.
  5. bache

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009

This. Nintendo is killing sales from legitimate users. I don't understand their thought process. They haven't stopped old Gateway users from using it; people over 9.2.0 were already out of luck (with no 9.3+ support in sight), and those interested in pirating can continue to get their content from other sources. Until games start forcing 9.6.0 (which won't be for a long time yet), the only thing Nintendo has accomplished is stopping the eShop sales from the select few who use it.

6. rusty_train

rusty_train GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2013
    i will stick to gateway, even without updates past 9.5 its still fine for me

7. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    this just confirms o3ds masterace

8. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    The Sky3DS vs Gateway fight is getting really old. Here's how I put it:

If you are a power user and want to have a degree of freedom, as well as the ability to fuck around and not have to worry (almost, anyways) about a brick: Go with a Gateway.
    If you want something simple, easy to use, and works on all firmwares, as well as not have a ton of stuff to screw around with: Go with a Sky3DS.

They both do the same thing in the long run, there shouldn't have to be a massive war as to which people should pick. It's all down to user preference. If I had my way, I'd go with both myself, but being a College student that's not an option.

Kelton2 likes this.
  9. Muskusrat

Muskusrat GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2003
    Netherlands
    Have both cards but prefer the Sky3DS at the moment. Can not be bother with all the exploit activation of Gateway (have a N3DS). Sky3DS is simple plug and play, and since roms with the same region aren't realy a problem (just some virtual console games are) I am just fine ;).

But in the future if Gateway makes easier exploit I will go for that.

10. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    And if you have both you can sit and pretend play with the cards making up voices and stupid insults and smashing them into each other,

nyder likes this.
  11. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Now all I can think of is the bathtub sceen from Billy Matteson.

"Shampoos better I go on first and clean the hair. Conditioners I make the hair silky and smooth. STOP LOOKING AT ME SWAN!"

Subtle Demise likes this.
  12. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    They really need to make a SKY3DS subforum for the Sky-users to sit on their highhorse in. Once they figure out Gateway users literally do not care that SKY3DS works on all the firmware updates and are happy with their purchase, maybe this childish fanboy-ism will stop.

13. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You say that, and yet you have a signature making fun of Gateway users. Here's an even better thought - nobody really cares what hardware other people are using as long as their hardware works fine. :P

VinsCool likes this.
  14. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    :rofl2:

Maybe in the wonderful world of make-believe, where you seem to live. :ha:

15. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    Because being on the latest firmware suddenly became the most important thing on the whole goddamn forum :rolleyes:

16. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Actually, my signature was spawned from that 400-something page cesspit that was known as the "Any word on how long until Gateway supports new 3DS" thread (can't remember the exact title because the original name was changed) Soooo many noobs with late-2014 and early-2015 join dates saying "giv mi romzzz n new3ds noa plzzzz" for like 460 pages.... Perhaps my Australian humor does not translate well into Polish? :P

P.S. I'm also a Gateway user....

17. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    Empty card uses now jumping ship to sky.....

Just buy a gateway and get over you being jelly. ;O;

18. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Well, maybe I'm just an idealist who tries to take other people's opinions on-board, entertain other points of view... unless they're about the Sega Saturn, the best console on the planet, god dammnit! :angry:
    ...and from that we may hypothesize that Gateway and Sky users alike can be immature crybabies, mostly because users in general tend to be just that. ;)

Vulpes Abnocto likes this.
  19. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I put a sky3ds in my 3ds and it bricked then my dick fell off

20. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I put a Sky3DS into my GateWay into my MT Card into my 3DS... Into my Sky 3DS into my Gateway into my MT Card into my 3Ds...