Nana Nana Boo Boo - Sky3D Masterace CONFRIMED

Row

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you thoughts about Sky3DS now? Gateway seems like such a headache...anyone else going to make the jump?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got mine today. It will stay a backup just as planned. Gateway works the same today as it did yesterday. Just have to visit an diffent website for any eshop content I would like. I don't want to be a pirate but Nintendo makes me. :cry:

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does this stuff matter? Are people such losers that they base value on items that people use? What I see is gamers who enjoy gaming and for whatever reason, like the grey area flashcards provide. What I don't care to see if little kids trying to convince everyone else that because they choose X product, they are better then the people who choose Y product. Can we stop with this pointless edick wagging that keeps going on? It does NOT matter what flashcard anyone uses. All the matter is that we are fellow gamers who are trying to get our game on via different devices.

Embrace our community, embrace the choices we have, do not make it into a petty war.

Reactions: artlan

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Just got mine today. It will stay a backup just as planned. Gateway works the same today as it did yesterday. Just have to visit an diffent website for any eshop content I would like. I don't want to be a pirate but Nintendo makes me. :cry:

This. Nintendo is killing sales from legitimate users. I don't understand their thought process. They haven't stopped old Gateway users from using it; people over 9.2.0 were already out of luck (with no 9.3+ support in sight), and those interested in pirating can continue to get their content from other sources. Until games start forcing 9.6.0 (which won't be for a long time yet), the only thing Nintendo has accomplished is stopping the eShop sales from the select few who use it.

loco365

Trophies
XP
The Sky3DS vs Gateway fight is getting really old. Here's how I put it:

If you are a power user and want to have a degree of freedom, as well as the ability to fuck around and not have to worry (almost, anyways) about a brick: Go with a Gateway.
If you want something simple, easy to use, and works on all firmwares, as well as not have a ton of stuff to screw around with: Go with a Sky3DS.

They both do the same thing in the long run, there shouldn't have to be a massive war as to which people should pick. It's all down to user preference. If I had my way, I'd go with both myself, but being a College student that's not an option.

Reactions: Kelton2

Muskusrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have both cards but prefer the Sky3DS at the moment. Can not be bother with all the exploit activation of Gateway (have a N3DS). Sky3DS is simple plug and play, and since roms with the same region aren't realy a problem (just some virtual console games are) I am just fine ;).

But in the future if Gateway makes easier exploit I will go for that.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does this stuff matter? Are people such losers that they base value on items that people use? What I see is gamers who enjoy gaming and for whatever reason, like the grey area flashcards provide. What I don't care to see if little kids trying to convince everyone else that because they choose X product, they are better then the people who choose Y product. Can we stop with this pointless edick wagging that keeps going on? It does NOT matter what flashcard anyone uses. All the matter is that we are fellow gamers who are trying to get our game on via different devices.

Embrace our community, embrace the choices we have, do not make it into a petty war.
And if you have both you can sit and pretend play with the cards making up voices and stupid insults and smashing them into each other,

Reactions: nyder

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
And if you have both you can sit and pretend play with the cards making up voices and stupid insults and smashing them into each other,

Now all I can think of is the bathtub sceen from Billy Matteson.

"Shampoos better I go on first and clean the hair. Conditioners I make the hair silky and smooth. STOP LOOKING AT ME SWAN!"

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
They really need to make a SKY3DS subforum for the Sky-users to sit on their highhorse in. Once they figure out Gateway users literally do not care that SKY3DS works on all the firmware updates and are happy with their purchase, maybe this childish fanboy-ism will stop.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They really need to make a SKY3DS subforum for the Sky-users to sit on their highhorse in. Once they figure out Gateway users literally do not care that SKY3DS works on all the firmware updates and are happy with their purchase, maybe this childish fanboy-ism will stop.
You say that, and yet you have a signature making fun of Gateway users. Here's an even better thought - nobody really cares what hardware other people are using as long as their hardware works fine. :P

Reactions: VinsCool

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Here's an even better thought - nobody really cares what hardware other people are using as long as their hardware works fine. :P
:rofl2:

Maybe in the wonderful world of make-believe, where you seem to live. :ha:

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
You say that, and yet you have a signature making fun of Gateway users. Here's an even better thought - nobody really cares what hardware other people are using as long as their hardware works fine. :P

Actually, my signature was spawned from that 400-something page cesspit that was known as the "Any word on how long until Gateway supports new 3DS" thread (can't remember the exact title because the original name was changed) Soooo many noobs with late-2014 and early-2015 join dates saying "giv mi romzzz n new3ds noa plzzzz" for like 460 pages.... Perhaps my Australian humor does not translate well into Polish? :P

P.S. I'm also a Gateway user....

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe in the wonderful world of make-believe, where you seem to live. :ha:
Well, maybe I'm just an idealist who tries to take other people's opinions on-board, entertain other points of view... unless they're about the Sega Saturn, the best console on the planet, god dammnit! :angry:
Actually, my signature was spawned from that 400-something page cesspit that was known as the "Any word on how long until Gateway supports new 3DS" thread (can't remember the exact title because the original name was changed) Soooo many noobs with late-2014 and early-2015 join dates saying "giv mi romzzz n new3ds noa plzzzz" for like 460 pages.... Perhaps my Australian humor does not translate well into Polish? :P

P.S. I'm also a Gateway user....
...and from that we may hypothesize that Gateway and Sky users alike can be immature crybabies, mostly because users in general tend to be just that. ;)

Reactions: Vulpes Abnocto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...