somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I can't choose which one to play, ARGH...

HG and SS was a hard choice too, went with SS...

Now, Black, or White??
This is why I like playing the enhanced versions...
But I really don't want to wait for Grey.. And I can't play different Pokemon games too close together, I get bored of both..

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YayMii said:
Sausage Head said:
Female professor? NUDE PATCH.
On topic: I'm looking forward to this game. It will be a good game for if i beat Plants vs. Zombies.Wait, so you're saying that the game will suck if you don't beat PvZ?

QUOTE(Heram @ Feb 2 2011, 05:36 AM)
I think he said it would be a good game to play after he beats pvz
^

D

Deleted_171835

OP
ron975 said:
I can't choose which one to play, ARGH...

HG and SS was a hard choice too, went with SS...

Now, Black, or White??
This is why I like playing the enhanced versions...
But I really don't want to wait for Grey.. And I can't play different Pokemon games too close together, I get bored of both..
Well,
Pokemon Black has Reshiram
Pokemon White has Zekrom.
--
Pokemon Black has the Black City and Pokemon White has the White Forest. Black City is more focused on battling and the White Forest is more focused on catching Pokemon. There are no Pokemon to catch in the Black City.
whiteforest.png
blackcity.png

Version Exclusive Pokemon:
pokemon%20white%20and%20black%20pokemon%20list.png

--
Plus, the eighth gym leader in Souryuu City is different.
In Pokemon Black, the gym leader is Shaga and in Pokemon White, the gym leader is Iris. The only difference is that Shaga uses an all-male team while Iris uses an all-female team.
--
Souryuu City has a more technological appearance in Pokemon Black and a more rural look in Pokemon White.
pokemon%20black%20city%20changes.jpg
pokemon%20white%20city%20changes.jpg

--
I'm getting Pokemon White. Zekrom looks better (aesthetically) than Reshiram.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still getting Black (if at all) because Reshiram is superior in almost every way (except for appearance). Stats, attacks, etc. In fact, Reshiram even has bigger pubes (though I'm not sure if that's something to be proud of).

famousginni

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL... I just finished the White version of Pokemon thanks to the Japanese Patch, and now I'll probably wait for the official release before playing Black. Overall the game was awesome
biggrin.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow I'm not really hyped as I used to be whenever a new Pokémon game has been announced even though I'm an avid Pokémon fan or was. I must admit that the English Pokémon names are a bit stupid. I'll probably play it but not as much as playing Pokémon Diamond when I bought it a few weeks it was released. Those were the days...

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
machomuu said:
I'm gonna miss "Isshu" and "Mijumaru"...and "Shimama"...and "Pokabu"...maybe I should have waited until the American release to play the game, all of these name localizations are getting me down
frown.gif

Or you could make a patch for the English games with the Japanese names. Because I totally agree with you, I think the Japanese names are better then the English names, because I learned the Japanese names first.
---
D'oh!
I see I am not the first that came with this idea. But I think I would be glad to create such a patch, or at least help with it. (I really hope the idea wasn't sarcasm.)

machomuu said:
YayMii said:
SoulSnatcher said:
TheTwoR's said:
QUOTE(ron975 @ Jan 30 2011, 03:00 AM) Maybe someone could make a patch changing the names back to the Japanese ones.

*facepalm*
We have the Japanese patch that patches it to English with Japanese names. Why don't you use that?
tongue.gif
Not all of the game is translated.
He wants the official translation but with the Japanese names.
And that's what nicknames are for.
I can't nickname Unova "Isshu". Moreover, I don't want to nickname my Blitzle "Shimama"...heck, I might even look into de-localizing the names myself.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Generation V will probably be my favourite generation provided it has these following games.
--
Pokémon Black - Reshiram
Pokémon White - Zekrom
Pokémon Grey - Kyuremu
--
Pokémon Ruby remake
Pokémon Sapphire remake
These remakes should be released for the 3DS.
--
@YayMii:
I'm purchasing Pokémon White not only for Zekrom but for the White Forest and the version exclusive Pokémon. I'm going to get Reshiram anyways by trading with a friend.
---
Kyuremu definitely needs an alternate form, though. He looks ugly in his current form.
I'm hoping Pokémon Grey (or whatever the third game is called) comes out for the 3DS and utilizes the 3D effect. It would be pretty cool to have Pokémon battles with depth! Plus, it could use StreetPass to exchange Trainer Cards and other information.
yay.gif

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
Petilil and Cottonee (the Grass duo) are not version exclusive.
You only get to see one of them in the wild in each game, but you can get the other one through an ingame trade.
Metapod being exclusive but not Caterpie doesn't make any sense either.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
marjan1337 said:
You only get to see one of them in the wild in each game, but you can get the other one through an ingame trade.
Objection!!! There's a flaw to your statement. According to Serebii and Bulbapedia, they are version exclusives. Petilil can be caught only in White, while Cottonee can be caught in Black. Then both can be traded to the other version. On top of that, it also states that you can find them more than one within each.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
digipokemaster said:
is it possible to give a japanese wonder card to a usa game im just wondering or is that region lock?
As far as I know, it depends on the Wonder Card.
With certain events, I've seen the Wonder Card tied to a specific region (NA, JP, etc.) and with others it was tied to a specific language (English for EU and NA and so forth). Most Wonder Cards are not region-locked, though.
I may be wrong, though.

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
jonesman99 said:
marjan1337 said:
Objection!!! There's a flaw to your statement. According to Serebii and Bulbapedia, they are version exclusives. Petilil can be caught only in White, while Cottonee can be caught in Black. Then both can be traded to the other version. On top of that, it also states that you can find them more than one within each.

HOLD IT!
I'm not making shit up.
You can catch Petilil in one version, go to the city before the forest, and trade it with an NPC for a Cottonee (and reverse for the other version).

VentusVanitas

Trophies
XP
Country
Watched the anime, pretty damn impressed. Trying to play the name game - I give the English name of each Unova pokemon i see.

I hate how it is called You-na-va. I called it You-no-va.

Should be called Isshu imo.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VentusVanitas said:
Watched the anime, pretty damn impressed. Trying to play the name game - I give the English name of each Unova pokemon i see.

I call it Isshu
smile.gif

D

Deleted_171835

OP
VentusVanitas said:

I hate the way they pronounce certain things.
- Rayquaza = Ray-Qway-Za
- Arceus = Ar-Ke-Us
and now You-na-va.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
VentusVanitas said:

I hate the way they pronounce certain things.
- Rayquaza = Ray-Qway-Za
- Arceus = Ar-Ke-Us
and now You-na-va.
I agree with you on everything except Rayquaza.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Lol