And now Ash's eyes are weird.

1i031z.jpg

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just out of curious when everyone thinks the english version rom will be out b4 the street date i plan on getting both games i have them preorder but just wondering

D

Deleted_171835

OP
digipokemaster said:
just out of curious when everyone thinks the english version rom will be out b4 the street date i plan on getting both games i have them preorder but just wondering
Two or three days before the release date, I suppose.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
Black ace said:
The anime started to suck a lot after the terrible new voice actors

And now Ash's eyes are weird.

1i031z.jpg
OMG, I saw this and hated it.
I hated the new character art style when the 3rd gen came out, and I hate it now.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
OMG, I saw this and hated it.
I hated the new character art style when the 3rd gen came out, and I hate it now.
QUOTE(YayMii @ Feb 13 2011, 08:48 PM) FYI, they reverted Ash's eyes back to normal before Best Wishes started in Japan.
And also, they changed his eye color to brown (used to be black), but it's not as noticeable as the weird eyes.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have not kept up with any Nintendo DS releases, because I have not had a Nintendo DS until now, but this game looks quite good. I played Pokemon FireRed and this looks to be the exact same thing, though with more updates. Thank you for the info!

There are 306 Pokemon now? This is news to me! I had no idea they would add Pokemon as the series progressed.

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
Sora de Eclaune said:
I have not kept up with any Nintendo DS releases, because I have not had a Nintendo DS until now, but this game looks quite good. I played Pokemon FireRed and this looks to be the exact same thing, though with more updates. Thank you for the info!

There are 306 Pokemon now? This is news to me! I had no idea they would add Pokemon as the series progressed.

With the release of Black&White, it's 649 of them o____________o

Red/Green had 151 back in 1996.

Then 1999, they released Gold/Silver, which was like an expansion:
-You started in a region that's right next to the first one, and once you beat it, you could go check out the places of Red/Green and changes from the 3 years.
-There were 100 new pokemon (bringing it to 251), but most of them were not your casual common ones. There was lots of rare ones or in special places, new evolutions of old ones, pre-evolutions. What I mean is, the region was filled with lots of the original 150 ones even though it was new.

2002 Ruby/Sapphire came out, which were on a remote island region, basically a fresh start, with 135 new species, and only 65 of the previous 251 along.
The region had tons of exotic places (desert, volcano, cave with meteorites, town with houses on trees and one on logs on the ocean, underwater places etc), and introduced a great bunch of interesting type combinations.
It's here that they made legendary pokemon play the major roles in the story and made new, almost religious villanious teams instead of the simple Rockets from previous titles.
Eventually they decided to remake Red/Green, as FireRed/LeafGreen, to bring back all the old pokemon to the current generation. Thisbrought the number to 386.
The story of R/S was later upgraded a bit in Emerald.

2006. Enter Diamond and Pearl.
This time, they wanted to create the ultimate generation. This resulted in 107 new Pokemon, giving us almost 20 powerful evolutions of previous pokes along with pre-evolutions, the biggest number of legendaries, and some other stuff that sticks out (like the strongest nonlegendary poke called Garchomp).
It made us explore the yet biggest region and finally made this franchise epic, by making us able to battle and trade over the internet via wifi.
This time, players could transfer all of their old pokemon from generation 3 to these games. So the number went all the way up to 493.
As previous generations, they released a third version, Platinum, to polish the story and give some extra features etc.
By now it was getting close to being a decade since Gold and Silver came out, so a lot of the current players never played these. Which obviously resulted in remakes as HeartGold and SoulSilver in 2009.

Since gen IV was a huge mix of everything before, evolving and improving it at the same time, it was again time to go somewhere completely fresh. But unlike generation III, this time they were for real: NO old pokemon at all until you beat the game. So even the most basic concepts had to be done new, every player is on the same plane.
And here we are, full of anticipation, 2 weeks from the NA/European releases of Generation V's games: Black and White, which as the name implies, go back to the roots and introduce the biggest number of original creatures, even more than the first, with 0 being related to old ones: 156.
So, yeah, 649 now
smile.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ashley Riot said:
Will this have Voltorb Flip? I know I'm minority, but I loved that mini-game. Spent over 10 hours on it.
Nope, they completely removed the Game Corner from Generation 5. So no Voltorb Flip, and no slot machines in the game. Disappointing, huh?

@marjan1337: Great informative post you got there.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:

Umm...how many Pokemon games have you actually played? There are 649 (I know marjan already posted a whole history).

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What? There were more games than FireRed and LeafGreen? Nobody informed me of this data! I had absolutely no idea! I would have bought them all, had I known.

But, as I said in the Dragon Quest topic, the local game store has employees that buy most of the RPGs before they get on the shelves. I was lucky to find FireRed when I did. I have actually never saw another Pokemon game there since, so I assumed it was the only Pokemon game.

Charon

Trophies
Website
saiph-charon.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Slovenia
Sora de Eclaune said:
What? There were more games than FireRed and LeafGreen? Nobody informed me of this data! I had absolutely no idea! I would have bought them all, had I known.

But, as I said in the Dragon Quest topic, the local game store has employees that buy most of the RPGs before they get on the shelves. I was lucky to find FireRed when I did. I have actually never saw another Pokemon game there since, so I assumed it was the only Pokemon game.

FR/LG were just remakes of the first pokemon games from 96, because the originals started to look really dated after 3 generations XDD

If you liked them, I really suggest you give the rest a try. You know the 1st generation, so the logical next would be Gold/Silver (gameboy color) or their rather recent DS remakes, then for generation III (GBA-FR/LG graphics) you can skip Ruby/Sapphire and go straight to their third game: Emerald (which is like a combination of the other 2, a more complete story), and then get to gen 4 with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Lots of fun ahead of you LOL. I wonder how it would be to just discover this crap now. Anyone invented a memory erasing machine yet? xDDDD

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
Hehe, this time I decided to go and secure my order at gameplay.co.uk. If my experience remain the same, I should be getting this a day before release.
yaynds.gif

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much do you think Smogon will screw up the competitive battling on this?

Plus, for my input on this, I am kinda amazed at how fighting Pokemon will give out less EXP as your Level increases. Makes the game harder. :DDD

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest, it only makes it harder if you only use your starter.

Weaker pokemon gain more exp, so by the end you should have a evenly balanced team.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got my preorder copys and walk through guide at gamestop so i cant wait to play it it looks so good of course i played the japanese release but i love the game

bioterror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew there was a thread for a NDS file that was the 3 legendary dogs and celebi event, could someone provide a link to that thread? Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: This song has been my latest Kero Kero Bonito obsession. It's just so chill...