Status
Not open for further replies.

Kizmatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... DS at this time doesn't run either N64 or PS1 games at all. There's not even a proof of concept emulation attempt to my knowledge.

The DS will never run N64 or PS1 games.

As of right now PSP has an N64 emulator that can barely play N64 games at a playable framerate.
This will and has gotten better over the last few months for PSP thou.

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
why isnt this topic locked? or should i start a topic about: can window xp be runned on DS?

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
N64 is 93mhzs while a ds is only 67mhz, its just not powerful enough not to mention on zelda majoras mask, you had to install that ram pack into your N64 to play it for those old enough to remember.
true... but if its a commercial port that wouldn't matter... Super Mario and diddy kong couldn't run through ds emu in a million years...

techforumz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
64 on DS is not entirely fantasy, but for all practical purposes, it is fantasy. It is possible to run it at 2/3 speed, if you can somehow port it from that old substandard 100MHz CPU to the 67MHz ARM CPU. same RAM, same carts, but very different hardware otherwise. Not really possible. So in laymens terms, NOPE, not possible.

23qwerty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
why isnt this topic locked? or should i start a topic about: can window xp be runned on DS?

Probably could lmfao.

And nice bump.
Ever heard of ds2win
unsure.gif
yaynds.gif

zellthemedic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish they would release a new version of Paper Mario, in the style of the older Paper Marios. I loved those games.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Super Smash Bros. DS = nothing, because they will never made one (eaven creator of brawl denied about ds version).

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
you dont know HOW many times i've hea rd leechers and N00bs on shout boxes and Forums SAY this type of crap! and then they get mad cause it won't work! XD

if the PSP can hardly emulate N64 Games...and has BETTER graphics than the DS!?....then the DS surely can't do it

(waiting for Daedalus R14
biggrin.gif
)

lol - some idiot on another forum wanted to put Halo Xbox rom on their DS!!

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Heres an idea, instead of critisising n00bs why dont you think for a moment.
Sure it is impossible to emulate anything with more than the DS's specifications.
But look at Mario 64 DS, now if nintendo won't make another N64 port, someone make a homebrew of it.
I saw someone take 7 months to make a rip of every sprite, resorce and line of code off Majora's Mask.
And put it onto a PS1 in the form of a Rom, now if someone were to do the same with SM64DS as a rom-base...

!!??

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible for somebody with programming knowledge to port the games to the ds so they run as ds games rather than using an emulator? IF so that means you could just reprogram the games for the ds and play it as you would a home brew game right? If somebody had enough time I could see this happening. You wouldn't have to worry about the power used by the emulator, and the n64/ds are basically the same spec wise.

Edit:Nvm I was already bet to posting it. I should have read the post before me. Sorry.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
!!?? said:
and the n64/ds are basically the same spec wise.
thats like saying the PSP and PS2 are the same spec wise
PSP has a stronger processor @ 34mhz higher, but will never be able to emulate the PS2 no in any way shape or form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: what are you guys talking about