Not open for further replies.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Joe88 said:
!!?? said:
and the n64/ds are basically the same spec wise.
thats like saying the PSP and PS2 are the same spec wise
PSP has a stronger processor @ 34mhz higher, but will never be able to emulate the PS2 no in any way shape or form
yes, but he didn't talk about emulation >_<

what he was stating is certainly possible, the problem is that nobody probably has the patience to do it.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the DS cant emulate a GBA then there is no way in hell it will be able to emulate a N64 and as for the person who said we should just make ports of the games.... tell me how that turns out. lol In the mean time I'll just stick with my PSP, and my Xbox emulates N64, and my Wii has VC injection. There's lots of other means of emulation that don;t require years of work.

BioHazardN00B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard their making a DS Port of Paper Mario 64, or something along the lines of that. I wonder if its true.
I read it somewhere on gamespot btw.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wth? i know graphics aren't everything, but come on! that's pathetic! psp has ps2 graphics. ds doesn't even have n64 graphics?! not to mention that's one generation older than gc (which is much worse than ps2). i mean, i know gameplay>>>>>graphics, but this shows nintendo isn't even trying...W/E

Mike231

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to break it to you all, but none of you will never know what is stored in the future.
I'm pretty sure there were a lot of things that people thought couldn't be done but it happened.
Maybe no one will ever emulate an N64 on the DS and maybe they will.

As far as making a port of smash bros to the ds, it was said in a Nintendo Power magazine that they were thinking of it,
but they were too caught up with brawl at the moment so lets all wait and see. They were able to port SM64 I'm pretty sure they can find ways to port other games from the N64 days, even if they have to make a few changes, I'm pretty sure they can do it.

lecture.gif

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mike231 said:
Sorry to break it to you all, but none of you will never know what is stored in the future.
I'm pretty sure there were a lot of things that people thought couldn't be done but it happened.

As far as making a port of smash bros to the ds, it was said in a Nintendo Power magazine that they were thinking of it,
but they were too caught up with brawl at the moment so lets all wait and see. They were able to port SM64 I'm pretty sure they can find ways to port other games from the N64 days, even if they have to make a few changes, I'm pretty sure continue can do it.

lecture.gif
Sorry to Break it to you,but you are retarded.
Emulating N64 games on th DS is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!
lecture.gif

Edit:Bull Shit,Nintendo never mentioned anything about porting Smash Bros to the DS.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course anything is possible, it's just a matter of playability. I have no doubts that someone could code an N64 emulator for the DS that ran at less than 1 fps, but getting it up to a playable speed would not be possible.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
Everything based on the principle of a computer can emulate each other. A 286 could emulate a PS3, at a rate of 1 frame per year maybe...!

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
distorted.frequency said:
...Despite the many threads we have on emulation topics like this...I'm still surprised by the number of replies these threads get...

Why can't people just let the argument go?
I don't remember there was an argument to begin with?

Note:This topic was sticked so this question wouldn't be asked.The DS wouldn't be able to boot the N64 games in the first place.

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Eternal Myst said:
distorted.frequency said:
...Despite the many threads we have on emulation topics like this...I'm still surprised by the number of replies these threads get...

Why can't people just let the argument go?
I don't remember there was an argument to begin with?

Note:This topic was sticked so this question wouldn't be asked.The DS wouldn't be able to boot the N64 games in the first place.

But people keep saying that it's possible. And others keep refuting them. Doesn't this look like an argument to you?
Eternal Myst said:
QUOTE(Mike231 @ May 28 2008, 02:05 PM)

but they were too caught up with brawl at the moment so lets all wait and see. They were able to port SM64 I'm pretty sure they can find ways to port other games from the N64 days, even if they have to make a few changes, I'm pretty sure continue can do it.

lecture.gif
Sorry to Break it to you,but you are retarded.
Emulating N64 games on th DS is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!
lecture.gif

Edit:Bull Shit,Nintendo never mentioned anything about porting Smash Bros to the DS.
*sighs* It might not look like one if people didn't curse so much...>_>

Mike231

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sure I'm retarded. Sorry to break it to you, You are full of ignorance.
Too bad you don't know what will happen in the future. Even if you heard they denied it.
It can still happen. This argument is useless I swear, everyone want to know everything.
You just don't know. People that are human work for Nintendo, You ever heard of changing their mind? Ass!
I have to be arguing with a child..

Edit: No it honestly wasn't bullshit.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What it boils down to is that AT THIS POINT, its not impossible, its improbable. There are an infinite amount of possibilities that COULD happen, just not likely. I mean, shit, i never thought a decent NeoGeo emulator for the DS would be possible, let alone ANY NeoGeo emulator. Yet that has happened.

Its just a VERY VERY small chance it will happen.

...but i have faith
tongue.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Mike231 said:
Sure I'm retarded. Sorry to break it to you, You are full of ignorance.
Too bad you don't know what will happen in the future. Even if you heard they denied it.
It can still happen. This argument is useless I swear, everyone want to know everything.
You just don't know. People that are human work for Nintendo, You ever heard of changing their mind? Ass!
I have to be arguing with a child..

Edit: No it honestly wasn't bullshit.
It will never happen, who wants to play Nintendo DS games at 3-5 frames per second? Come on, the Nintendo 64 has way more processing power than the Nintendo DS as well as more RAM I believe. Even if someone did make a Nintendo DS emulator, the games would be unplayable. The DS just doesn't have the hardware to play any N64 game, even at half the speed. Why would someone make the emulator when no one will even use it?

D

Deleted-119707

Nintendo 64 games cannot be EMULATED ON THE DS

Nintendo 64 games CAN Be PORTED.

Emulation And Porting are two different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1