Homebrew RELEASE N64 dynarec is out as beta release

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Because I had over a dozen fatals - only on the NSP.

I see, That sounds interesting. Do you know what is causing it?
I havn't had a crash so far on .NSP but if it happens I will try to replicate it and report back if that would help.

man_of_power05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to stress to people, you have to use title replacement to get the best performance from Mupen64. Using hbmenu nsp does not suffice.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/use-atmosphere-to-access-full-ram-with-homebrews-without-nsp.521240/

You only need to do from step 7 if you are using an updated custom firmware.

...and why? that makes no since. nsp hbmenu uses full ram. you just have to be smart. don't open any other apps while the nsp hbmenu is open or the switch will crash.

only issues i see are some games don't work such as goldeneye which crashes retroarch or pokemon puzzle league which just black screens. also when you restart rom the switch crashes, oddly though save states work fine.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I bundled the core settings, look at the txt.
Also dont forget u need to restart RA, these options dont change on the fly

Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I apply the settings txt? Where do I put it? I assume the autoconfig folder. But then what?

Last edited by regnad,
D

Deleted User

i use oc nx.nsp for RA and have it changed to a .xci with NSCB and i have allways 30 fps without lags in SM64

and i use 720p high resi textures+alpha x2 and msaa x2 +3point aa+ sharp1 - with dynamic(beta) i get little lags with cached not

which file path did you place your .HTC files

cant figure out if its inside core folder or system

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I apply the settings txt? Where do I put it? I assume the autoconfig folder. But then what?

1. Open "retroarch-core-options.cfg" in a text editor on your PC and delete all the entries for mupen64plus.
  2. Now open "mupen_coreoptions.txt". Copy all of the entries and paste them into "retroarch-core-options.cfg"

solidsnake2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
yes!! Starcraft 64 is totally playable. Pokemon snap would be if it would let you mark the pictures. Can't wait for more work to be done, love it already.
Yes Starcraft 64 is playable, but still trouble with sound. Music plays well, but some sounds of units is nothing)) Sounds of buildings and menus work fine.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
...and why? that makes no since. nsp hbmenu uses full ram. you just have to be smart. don't open any other apps while the nsp hbmenu is open or the switch will crash.

only issues i see are some games don't work such as goldeneye which crashes retroarch or pokemon puzzle league which just black screens. also when you restart rom the switch crashes, oddly though save states work fine.

Because the guy who implemented the Dynamic Recompiler sais so..
Apparently he has had some stability issues with the .NSP, So as of right now it's not officially supported.

AngelDrop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I installed the official Retroarch nsp for switch, copied in the mupen update and then copied over the suggested cfg file.
I've only played Super Mario 64 because thats all I was really interested in, no crashes, no lag, fantastic progress.

Last edited by AngelDrop,
D

Deleted User

9 pages of Discussions and none willing to be helpful, great community and the Toxic behavior still the same since the days of DS modding

if someone wants to be the wise man and lecture me, try to answer my 2 questions first

and also thanks for nothing, i figured out both my problems and solved them

this is a prime example for me not wanting to comment on anything for years even though i have the answers for most of questions here, you would most likely see comments like don't ask here, not allowed, then an actual helpful tip

or the smart@ss one word reply that this forum is famous for

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro