RELEASE N64 dynarec is out as beta release

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Keylogger, Jan 7, 2019.

1. xenocard

xenocard Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    9 pages of Discussions and none willing to be helpful, great community and the Toxic behavior still the same since the days of DS modding

if someone wants to be the wise man and lecture me, try to answer my 2 questions first

and also thanks for nothing, i figured out both my problems and solved them

this is a prime example for me not wanting to comment on anything for years even though i have the answers for most of questions here, you would most likely see comments like don't ask here, not allowed, then an actual helpful tip

or the smart@ss one word reply that this forum is famous for

Last edited by xenocard, Jan 10, 2019
    GotKrypto67 and TamarindoJuice like this.
  2. Milenko
    This message by Milenko has been removed from public view by x65943, Jan 12, 2019, Reason: One word post.
    Jan 11, 2019
  3. Freezerbomb

Freezerbomb Likes tacos

Aug 17, 2018
    Sweden
    Just guessing here, but people probably didn't help you because they haven't experienced your very specific problems. Another possibility is that the solution to your problem is so simple and obvious that nobody knows how to dumb it down into words you would understand.

Last edited by Freezerbomb, Jan 11, 2019
    Ty_ likes this.
  4. xenocard

xenocard Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    there you have it folks

1 answers with the famous 1 liner sarcasm
    the second wants to be a smart@ss kid and doesn't bother to answer my questions

i am signing off this forum, see ya after a few years when you reach puberty to understand how to reply with respect, get better education maybe while at it

5. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    It's the internet, don't take it so seriously

SLiV3R likes this.
  6. axiomjunglist

axiomjunglist Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2019
    United States
    FWIW - A lot of issues for me dissappeared after turning off threaded video and increasing the clock speed using dynarec. Some stuttering at normal speed, but damn near perfect with maximum OC. This using F-Zero X as my test game...

sorabora and Tommy084 like this.
  7. loon111

loon111 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2007
    i got this too, still a bit jumpy though ,but a lot better using the recommended cfg files, is this normal?

regards

8. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    All without overclocking?

9. radicalwookie

radicalwookie GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2018
    United States
    Why do you think you are entitled to receive full support and help from others with such attitude? Better that you sign off indeed, because internet is not all sunshine and rainbows.
    Many great people here who love to help out but your approach is very wrong.

MushGuy, Ty_, TotalJustice and 2 others like this.
  10. Sakuraibr

Sakuraibr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2019
    Brazil
    This thread is about the release of the Dynarec beta. If you have a problem with the emulator or with the dynarec, open a new thread or in the developer's Discord. When opening questions here, it's most likely it will be lost in this thread since answering your problems' not the main topic of this thread.

I see you haven't done that so, yes, it's expected for you not recieving support here. Now, please, let's stop with the off-topic posts, if you may.

11. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    Stwert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    I’ve been around this site since it launched (had a different user name in the early days.) Nothing has ever changed, it’s still the same.

But there are, generally speaking, plenty of people willing to help others. I do, when I can.
    In general I’ve found, with any forum, if you have a good attitude towards people, you will more often than not receive the same in return.

And we don’t need to pay attention to the whinging numpties.

Anyhoo, back on topic......

CrazyRach82, MushGuy, Ty_ and 2 others like this.
  12. yusuo

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    Been playing banjo with this perfectly but today got to freezy peak and the level refuses to load, I doubt I'll get any help but anyone know how to get this to work?

13. Cencil

Cencil GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Canada
    Ever since downloading the dynarec and adding it to retroarch (and turning it on in game options) I've had a massive drop in fps in all games. Zelda oot went from fully playable on medium OC to unplayable on max OC with dynarec..

14. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Yeah, nothing really changes.
    Check your settings

15. Cencil

Cencil GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Canada
    Everything is the same as I had it before adding the dynarec. Made sure threaded video is on and also tried lowering resolution with no luck. I copied my older RA folder back over and my fps is smooth once again, double checking the settings nothing has changed :wacko:

16. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Screenshot me your core options

17. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Thanks for the help!

I put the settings in the cfg, and it’s better, but still so much stuttering.

Do I need to overclock? Is overclocking basically required?

18. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    So, should i provide feedback of how games perform on this thread? or is there other way of doing it?

19. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Pointless, I basically rewrite the whole core and Gillou rewrites the dynarec.

20. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Those toxic shitlords! I just can't anymore!

21. Deathscreton

Deathscreton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    How do you remove the overlay? I've checked the overlay options and made sure it was turned off, but I sitll have this wall of text on my screen. :C

EDIT: Fixed it. Under OSD, go to Onscreen Notifications then turn off Display Statistics.

Last edited by Deathscreton, Jan 12, 2019