Not open for further replies.

valec06

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Long time reader, new writer here.

Last friday, I bought a QEH1044 (Black) in europe (France, Paris - Fnac store) it was on 9.5.0-22E.

I don't think it has been refurbished (returned?), everything looked fresh and new. Also 9.5 is quite an old firmware now...
Hello,

Same problem for me bought in France Leclerc Store ...
QEH1044 9.5 DAMN

zeetkt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QEH1042 9.5.0-22E., french too, intermarché, N3DSXL blue

Store lost in the mountains, the console was prolly there since it came out.

Last edited by zeetkt,

Zipzip

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Was unable to find a n3ds xl with a confirmed 9.2 serial, so i bought a classic n3ds
Serial : Yem1008 ( black)
Firmware : 9.0.0

Seems that there are still lots of classic n3ds with a firmware<9.2.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So, at Walmart; they only sold N3DS systems on 9.0.0. (Where I live.) None are on a unconfirmed model. They are all confirmed to be 9.0.0. Nice to see such a high number of them. But all of this seems a bit risky updating wise, I'm buying another O3DS XL. Their firms are on 6.0 or lower. I guess no one wants the 3DSs anymore...

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, at Walmart; they only sold N3DS systems on 9.0.0. (Where I live.) None are on a unconfirmed model. They are all confirmed to be 9.0.0. Nice to see such a high number of them. But all of this seems a bit risky updating wise, I'm buying another O3DS XL. Their firms are on 6.0 or lower. I guess no one wants the 3DSs anymore...
What I just read?

What did you mean by "risky updating wise" :wacko:? Are you trying to update to latest firmware :wacko:? Hitting the head into the wall hurts less than reading your post :wacko:

Last edited by tivu100,

ninjanick999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I just read?

What did you mean by "risky updating wise" :wacko:? Are you trying to update to latest firmware :wacko:? Hitting the head into the wall hurts less than reading your post :wacko:
I think he means that it's less risky to buy an Old 3DS than a New 3DS, because Old 3DS systems don't come pre-updated

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he means that it's less risky to buy an Old 3DS than a New 3DS, because Old 3DS systems don't come pre-updated
Red her (?) post again. The New 3DS at that Walmart are all confirmed 9.0 serial, she clearly said. Walmart has one of the easier of return policy. If that's risky, then stop buying 3DS (or any game console) that poses a risk of bricking when updating altogether!

Reactions: Ruby Gloom

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. How did you confirm them to be 9.0?
2. By reading their serial QWXXXX ?? If so, why don't you post some examples.
3. Also why do you want update them ??
4. Do you understand what you said on the 2nd half of your statement?

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
1. How did you confirm them to be 9.0?
2. By reading their serial QWXXXX ?? If so, why don't you post some examples.
3. Also why do you want update them ??
4. Do you understand what you said on the 2nd half of your statement?
My post is completely understandable. I do not want to deal with firmware spoofing and worrying about the silly update nag. I will continue to enjoy my Gateway on the latest firmware. So, I'm selling my 2ds and buying a O3DS XL.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My post is completely understandable. I do not want to deal with firmware spoofing and worrying about the silly update nag. I will continue to enjoy my Gateway on the latest firmware. So, I'm selling my 2ds and buying a O3DS XL.
You should learn about themehax autoboot method and rxTools, then you can coldboot into rxtools EmuNAND everytime (if you don't touch your "chosen" button). It's pretty much look like a perma-CFW at the moment. So pretty much you stay on EMUNAND all the time!

While the N3DS only supports 9.5 EMUNAND at the moment and you need firmware-spoof, there is no saying it's not possible in the future. A little hassle maybe much worth in the end. So no point picking O3DSXL which price just only decreases overtime when you can pick a 9.2 N3DS, while 9.0 N3DS seems to only go up so far (as long as 9.3 kernel exploit is not found/release)

Last edited by tivu100,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You should learn about themehax autoboot method and rxTools, then you can coldboot into rxtools EmuNAND everytime (if you don't touch your "chosen" button). It's pretty much look like a perma-CFW at the moment. So pretty much you stay on EMUNAND all the time! So no point picking O3DSXL which price just only decreases overtime,while 9.2 N3DS seems to only go up so far.
I know all there is about RxTools. Themehax hasn't shown me to work on any firmware I've ever used it on. I tested themehax on 2ds FW 4.2, 5.0, 5.6, 7.4, 8.1, 9.0, and 9.2 on E and U system regions. As well as 3ds (xl and regular.) on every firmware on E. Yeah, I have a lot of time. Yes, I know how to install themehax on the system. It worked once on 10.0 E 3ds XL and stopped working. No, I didn't tweak with it. I use Gateway anyways. RxTools and Gateway are not the same CFW regardless of what's said about it; RxTools only emulates NANDS on 9.5 and lower. 10.2 on Gateway.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know all there is about RxTools. Themehax hasn't shown me to work on any firmware I've ever used it on. I tested themehax on 2ds FW 4.2, 5.0, 5.6, 7.4, 8.1, 9.0, and 9.2 on E and U system regions. As well as 3ds (xl and regular.) on every firmware on E. Yeah, I have a lot of time. Yes, I know how to install themehax on the system. It worked once on 10.0 E 3ds XL and stopped working. No, I didn't tweak with it. I use Gateway anyways. RxTools and Gateway are not the same CFW regardless of what's said about it; RxTools only emulates NANDS on 9.5 and lower. 10.2 on Gateway.
The more you post, the more I think you got many misunderstanding: themehax only works on 9.x-10.1.0, so that's why your high failure rate (that's not counted the period when you need offline install themehax).

For N3DS, Gateway and the newer CFWs only supports up to 9.5 EMUNAND. For O3DS/2DS: Gateway and newer CFWs supports all the way to latest firmware (at the moment 10.2)

Last edited by tivu100,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The more you post, the more I think you got many misunderstanding: themehax only work 9.x-10.1.0, so that's why your high failure rate (that's not counted the period whenyou need offline install themehax).

For N3DS, Gateway and CFW only supports upto 9.5 EMUNAND. For O3DS/2DS: Gateway and CFW supports all the way to latest firmware (at the moment 10.2)
I updated my RxTools EmuNand on a 2ds from 6.1.(8)<-? to 10.1 and the system updated the SysNand to 10.2. I am 100% sure I was in the EmuNand state. It shouldn't have booted me out of RxTools and updated the SysNand midway. And, no. You actually need internet to install Themehax according to Smea. He stated on his HB App; Themehax installer: You need an active internet connection to install Themehax. But I couldn't rely on HB all the time; it didn't boot on certain versions. And my rate of failure is only because I tested it on all firms just to see. I don't always trust what they say on the version because I've gotten certain exploits to some extent on higher firmware than what was stated to be impossible. I still use Ironhax 1.0 on 10.1. Isn't that supposed to be impossible? Maybe my EmuNand partition is slightly corrupted? I'm not sure. But, still... I'm buying an older XL anyways. Less money to spend, less worries, and overall, more Gateway! :P
EDIT: I also couldn't for the life of me find an alt to install GW on the N3DS XL with a MSET insallation. And I am NOT installing anything bad on my SysNand.

Last edited by Ruby Gloom, , Reason: Ehh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next