Hacking {{N3ds users ONLY}} post your results if you are going to downgrade.

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone getting Failed to get CIA file info: Are you sure you're using the right downgrade pack? The O3DS and N3DS packs are completely separate.

Also, if you're using a Mac, I hear it likes to mess with the /updates/ folder and add extra hidden files. Somewhere like page 12 or so someone else had this same problem, and solved it 2 pages later.
I'm 100% positive. Even checked the MD5 and everything.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone on the other PoC thread got a ACHHD USA Non-XL New3DS downgraded to 9.2, full with RXTools EmuNAND and the works.

1 good, 1 brick so far on these.
It seems to be just like the cases of any other models and versions then, for some people it breaks, for others not. Maybe user error.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
There's a brief moment when the bottom screen of my N3DS flashes while trying to power it on if that helps. Also take a look at the video I linked in my last post, that's all I can do (mostly luck).
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you physically broke your 3DS. The ribbon cable from the top screen to the motherboard snapped. I'm almost 100% sure it is the case.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Kernalhaxhereicome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone here tried downgrading to 9.0? I wanna try it and see if it fixes the CIA info error however I don't wanna brick :P
did the n3ds come out when 9.0 was out

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If that's the case I shouldn't be able to see the power down screen, right? That does come up however.

try going to safe mode

Corey12901

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For you guys that are getting
titleException:
main.cpp:108: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!

Are you on 10.1 like I am? Maybe going to 10.3 then downgrading will solve it?

Rattor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone successfully downgraded from 9.9 US N3DSXL to 9.2? I'm seeing a lot of successes from 10.3 down to 9.2, not so much on the 9.9 to 9.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: kinda angry rn why am i getting no audio in my headphones when they're plugged in