Gaming MYNINTENDO SWITCH REWARDS OUT

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not like you had to get back anything at all.
True, but we had a system before where you felt like you got some really good awesome stuff for buying loads of stuff. Now it's just...tax back, if you bought digital, when physical is reduced 20% through by at least 2 or 3 different places (amazon, bestbuy and...another? I forget). By itself it's "eh, it's something", but when compared to the old system it's "don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining".

I forget if coins were only redeemable close after launch under the old system, but I want to say that's changed a bit too.

Last edited by osaka35,

CaptainSodaPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's impossible for anyone's points to have expired since the Switch launch. If anyone was gathering points well before that, they probably intended to use them on another system.

Does it matter if they got them before or after Switch launched? Point is that they shouldn't expire at all or expire when it really makes sense because you've earned them with the real money. They had that notice "Switch Rewards - Coming Soon" for half a year until recently they announced the actual date it's coming. People were leaving the points unspent until they knew when it's going live. And then they probably couldn't use it on something for 3DS/Wii U because they are also removing their offers and replacing them with new ones which are not so appealing. The whole system sucks and it's anti consumer.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Does it matter if they got them before or after Switch launched? Point is that they shouldn't expire at all or expire when it really makes sense because you've earned them with the real money. They had that notice "Switch Rewards - Coming Soon" for half a year until recently they announced the actual date it's coming. People were leaving the points unspent until they knew when it's going live. And then they probably couldn't use it on something for 3DS/Wii U because they are also removing their offers and replacing them with new ones which are not so appealing. The whole system sucks and it's anti consumer.
Always has been. Always will be. At least with Club Nintendo, you were actually rewarded for buying things.

Reactions: CaptainSodaPop

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Does it matter if they got them before or after Switch launched?
Yeah, it kinda does. You know beforehand that they expire a year from when you get them, so absolutely any points that have been earned with Switch can also be redeemed on Switch.

Coupons expire, sales expire, offers expire. That doesn't mean everything is anti-consumer, it just means you need to be a savvy consumer. This has literally always been the case. As the saying goes: a fool and his money are soon parted.

they are promoting digital purchase rather than retails. (higher profit + player doesn't actually own anything.)
It's the same digital license to play the game that comes on a disc/cart. You own the disc/cart worth roughly $0.02, but you don't own the game any more than someone who buys it digitally.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's the same digital license to play the game that comes on a disc/cart. You own the disc/cart worth roughly $0.02, but you don't own the game any more than someone who buys it digitally.

no it isnt after you have the disc/ cartrige they can never take it away,you can put them in and play, when you have online only license if you delete it and then want to play it, if they take out the license you can never get it back and you cant play it, this happen on licensed games alot like marvel ones capcom or ea or whatever company makes them loose the license and they take out every game and dlc from the shop and you cant redownload it or even buy it digitaly anymore, i remenber Marvel ultimate alliance 2 where the dlc was only up for 10 days and then taken down and people were pissed, i deleted the content and then i cant download it on my ps3, so i had to used my hacked ps3 and grab it from the web to get my legit dlc back lol.

so yeah if it was on disc they cant take out the contente and say screw you now once you delete it it will be permanent.

Reactions: Sonansune

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no it isnt after you have the disc/ cartrige they can never take it away,you can put them in and play, when you have online only license if you delete it and then want to play it, if they take out the license you can never get it back and you cant play it, this happen on licensed games alot like marvel ones capcom or ea or whatever company makes them loose the license and they take out every game and dlc from the shop and you cant redownload it or even buy it digitaly anymore, i remenber Marvel ultimate alliance 2 where the dlc was only up for 10 days and then taken down and people were pissed, i deleted the content and then i cant download it on my ps3, so i had to used my hacked ps3 and grab it from the web to get my legit dlc back lol.

so yeah if it was on disc they cant take out the contente and say screw you now once you delete it it will be permanent.
basically, player got 0 control over digital copy what so ever...
"Company has All right reserved"

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
basically, player got 0 control over digital copy what so ever...
"Company has All right reserved"
this is specialy dangerous on ps4 and xb1 becuase gaes are huge specialy the ones with 4k patch, and you will need to delete content even if you got a 2tb console since some games are over 100 gbs so in 20 games or so even 2tb consoles get filled, so you delete them, once they take the license out your money is now gone and you cant download it again.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of this comes down to one simple advice: Vote with your wallet. Internet's best tip. Thanks, internet.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
no it isnt after you have the disc/ cartrige they can never take it away
Well, ignoring the fact that data can be corrupted and discs/carts can be damaged or broken, rarely does anything even resembling the complete game get put on physical media now. You'll usually get an installer for a launcher, or half the game requiring you to download the other half or tons of patch data. Then there's DLC, expansions, etc.

Deleting a digital game is not permanent in any sense of the word. Especially if you back it up, which is something you should do for all your physical games too. Assuming you don't want to leave things to chance, anyway.

Beside all that, there are a ton of really great games which are digital-only. Missing out on those because of paranoia over digital "ownership" is silly. Like I already said, it's the same license to play the game that comes on physical media, you don't "own" the game because the game is still digital content attached to a physical item. Sony/MS/whoever can ban you and then you lose access to multiplayer games even if you own the disc/cart.

Last edited by Xzi,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, ignoring the fact that data can be corrupted and discs/carts can be damaged or broken, rarely does anything even resembling the complete game get put on physical media now. You'll usually get an installer for a launcher, or half the game requiring you to download the other half or tons of patch data. Then there's DLC, expansions, etc.

Deleting a digital game is not permanent in any sense of the word. Especially if you back it up, which is something you should do for all your physical games too. Assuming you don't want to leave things to chance, anyway.
yes games still come out finished lol actualy every games that doesnt have requires online acess on the cover is a finished game that doesnt need an patch to play out of the disc/cartrige(latter patches are not needed to lay the game you can play very well most versions 1.00 of games i dont even have my ps4 online and i play all my games without the patches and i rarely ever saw bugs), wich are preety much all with very few exceptions specialy on ps4 if they arent mmo games they dont need patches/online to play, just some games require bugfixes or patches day one to play like COD WWII lol, also keeping tbs of backed up ps4 and xb1 games on your house doesnt seem to logical lol getting several hdds just laying around the house becuase they have gbs of installs doesnt seem something one would do.

for instance i got wolfenstein double pack its a 90gb instal and the game doesnt even have 4k support, im guessing with 4k it would be over 150gb easily so yeah having several hdds just laying around doesnt seem wallet healthy at all, thats why i have the disc version so i can delete the content and instal whenever i want to play even if the license goes down.

Last edited by pedro702,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
so i can delete the content and instal whenever i want to play even if the license goes down.
That's fine, as long as you do realize that all you own is that license. You don't own the game just because you can install it offline or resell the disc/cart. It's just as easy to burn digital game files to a disc yourself, and ta-da! Traditionally digital-only titles are now physical. All you have is the license either way.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's fine, as long as you do realize that all you own is that license. You don't own the game just because you can install it offline or resell the disc/cart. It's just as easy to burn digital game files to a disc yourself, and ta-da! Traditionally digital-only titles are now physical. All you have is the license either way.
lol you know that doesnt work at all lol, burn a ps4 data onto a disc and try to play it lol it wont work, unless you have a hacked console burned data is useless, its basicaly trash.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
lol you know that doesnt work at all lol, burn a ps4 data onto a disc and try to play it lol it wont work, unless you have a hacked console burned data is useless, its basicaly trash.
Well I'm talking about a better platform (PC), but yes, it's possible with any hacked console too, and PS4 is hacked up to 4.55 AFAIK. So even if you pirate you can have physical games, it's only the license to play them you'd be missing. Most people don't care of course, but that's why owning a license isn't any more impressive with a physical copy than it is digital.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well I'm talking about a better platform (PC), but yes, it's possible with any hacked console too, and PS4 is hacked up to 4.55 AFAIK. So even if you pirate you can have physical games, it's only the license to play them you'd be missing. Most people don't care of course, but that's why owning a license isn't any more impressive with a physical copy.
if your advice is pirating games then who cares about even buying them lol at all.

you just dont understand the diferences sure the license is the same on paper but not in realty.

see how manny game studios go bankrupt or close or end support for said games and whatever? when they close you lost all your redownload previledges, if you need to redownload you wont be able too and there goes all your money down the drain.

if you have phisical media even if the studio closes shop you can play the game and reisntall and such anytime you want this is the diference.

and saying to people to hack or crack games to cricunvein the digital form limits is not an awnser, its like saying to someone that doesnt have money to go and steal it lol.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
if your advice is pirating games then who cares about even buying them lol at all.
I wasn't giving advice, just pointing out the fact that physical and digital are interchangeable, even for pirated software.

see how manny game studios go bankrupt or close or end support for said games and whatever? when they close you lost all your redownload previledges, if you need to redownload you wont be able too and there goes all your money down the drain.
We've already been over this. You'll want to backup your games whether they're physical or digital, and digital games are easily ripped onto a physical disc. So you can back them up that way if you want, but most people stopped relying on physical backups a while ago.

Last edited by Xzi,
D

Deleted User

This sucks..Club Nintendo was the best! They should've promoted it more.

Maybe someone can make an exploit for My Nintendo to get free Gold Coins or something :/

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This sucks..Club Nintendo was the best! They should've promoted it more.

Maybe someone can make an exploit for My Nintendo to get free Gold Coins or something :/
redeem the game for gold coins is a one time thing. even if you do somehow find the way abuse it, still won't be that much rewards. 20 full priced titles for one free.
nintendo can compare your gold coin record with digital purchases on your account. BOOM!!

if you go with retail cartridge which is rediculous 1%, go ahead and collect all your 60 US cents.....

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Dubbicakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm no if you buy on eshop its 5% so 400$ of e shop purchases gives you 20$ of discounts.

when registring phisical cartriges its only 1% discount wich means 400$ of games would give you 4$ discount lol
Those are the current numbers, games only gave me about 20 or less coins per. Mario Kart 8 only gave me 17 coins on launch day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro