My Wii doesn't run original games anymore.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Eichro, Jan 26, 2010.

Jan 26, 2010
  1. Eichro

Newcomer Eichro Advanced Member

Sep 14, 2009
    (I'm not sure if this is on the right place... sorry if it isn't)

Well... I got New Super Mario Bros. Wii (original disc) some days ago and I've been playing it, but something bad started to happen, just as I feared. As in the thread title, my Wii ceased running my games properly, or at all. It just makes some reading noises and displays an error message (on NeoGamma R7 I mean). Funny enough, it runs Gamecube discs and backup Wii games fine, but no originals.

Some informations:

-Wii is softmodded.
    -System Menu 4.2 I think (not absolutely sure, but since I used the simplistic mod, that should be it.
    -MIOS was installed not so long ago, that may have something to do with the problem, since I've got a few errors going on with the Wii (but nothing serious and not related to running original Wii games or whatsoever).
    -Preloader installed. Disc update check skip on.
    -If it helps, Super Smash Bros. Brawl doesn't run here, but that's because it's Dual Layer. Backup DVD5 version runs just fine.

Well, I've got a hunch that the problem is the lens and something that backups doesn't have is hindering the reading process. But since it just started to happen after I started playing NSMB Wii, I would like to hear your opinions on what happened and what I can do.
    So... Help me please =( thanks in advance.