Hardware My PC is not getting maximum download speed.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is throwing me off is that my PC custom built is not getting the maximum internet speed I have.
My PC is connected to my router via Ethernet cable and i'm getting less download speeds than my cousins PC when connected with the same cable. Even my phone on the 5.0ghz network is getting better Mbps than my PC.

My PC Hardware
Mobo----->H110M Pro-VDPLUS Bios: 7A15v17
Windows 10 64-bit
CPU--------> Intel Skylake
GPU-------->Nvidia GTX 10-series
RAM-------->8gb DDR4

On steam I get a maximum of 11.9MB/s compared to my cousins 17MB/s which is a huge difference to me but not to sure on what I should do.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Do us all a favor and don't use Google for your speed test. Openspeedtest.com or speedtest.net

Are your drivers up to date? There's usually a network driver to download. No guarantee it'll fix this but worth a shot.

Last edited by Kioku,

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do us all a favor and don't use Google for your speed test. Openspeedtest.com or speedtest.net

Are your drivers up to date? There's usually a network driver to download. No guarantee it'll fix this but worth a shot.
I literally get the same results (I tested this a couple of times on those sites before). I just did the fastest thing I saw unless I'm missing something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?