Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gamezway.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
PharaohsVizier said:
@dudeonline: The M3 Real has always had contact issues, it wasn't widespread, far from how many M3i Zeros are appearing, so you shouldn't really have to worry about it.
but it's really annoying
hate2.gif

azndeathmage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Wow that diagram didn't turn out anything like I hoped.

Anyways ummmm that's great. The paper technique worked
smile.gif
Well the permanent solution would be the electrical tape method. Instead of having the paper jammed in your slot all the time, what you do is open up the cart and place a few pieces of electrical tape over one another where the contacts are. This thickens the PCB and has the same effect as the paper technique, and is a bit more of a permanent solution.

@dudeonline: The M3 Real has always had contact issues, it wasn't widespread, far from how many M3i Zeros are appearing, so you shouldn't really have to worry about it.

Hmm...
That sounds slightly complicated
Got any pictures I could use to help me?

Gedi223

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got mine from Gamekool and thought it was a flash issue, but the paper trick worked and the cart has played 2 days without a hiccup.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
so i got ten of these cards for my cousins and friends and stuff. so far the first one was totally dead..wouldnt flash and LEDS wouldnt blink..second one flashed okay and i even get the m3adapter logo in my dsi but when i try and load it, it will displayed m3 on the bottom but i get a error thats says"No system file found! puy system file in. ..i already hate these cards..so much for m3 zero being the savior.im gonna try and send them all back..unfortunetly i got them froma distributor so it may be a little harder..we'll see. I tried both the ms ds real/m3 i zero firmware and also the sakura one. totally bummed . thought i was gonna make the switch to this card too.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
okay so i tried 5 total and one fully works. 2 wont show up in the ds which is a contact issue i guess and the other 2 will load but it cant find the system folder. im using the same microsd for all of them and one works so it cant be the micro..quality control is seriously lacking or there is a very very bad batch out there. also to get that one actually working i left it in the usb for a minute after the blue leds flashed.

Tested on USA dsi running 1.3u
tested on jap dsi running original firmware.(launch jap dsi)
tested on jap ds lite
tested on american ds lite.

all cards give same errors or are unreadable on each system. got 5 left to try..supercard OS sucks in my opion but their update adapter is way way better. this thing seems so picky and fragile. You can even break the cable opening the box.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
ill try the tape/paper trick after i see how many are actually unrecognizable..one thing to note i just fixed another one by leaving it in the usb adapter for like 3 or 4 minutes after the LEDS stopped blinking..also i should note im using a single cable to try and flash all cards sintead of using the one that was provided with each card..so if anyone is having problems maybe leaving the card connect to usb for a couple minutes after LEDS flash may do something for you..cant hurt to try..i own pretty much every flashcard that exists..even a lot of those r4 clones and the new "real R4s' from the m3team as well and i have to say this is the most annoying flashcard.havent had headaches like this since i was messing around with ncards.

so far i got two working ok although one has to be inserted into the ds a few times or i get the "cant find system file error" and 5 bad ones. 3 have the system file error and two arent even readable.. 2out of 7 sucks..im hoping maybe a new firmware will fix the ones with no system file error and the other i can do the paper/tape trick..man what a pain

Final results for all ten cards..
6 work using m3sakura
2 give system error and 2 can not be read. Prepare for the the most scariest update process of any flashcart futre m3 i zero owners.

I did notice alot of the proprietary cable connections were bent differently or had different lenghts. One card actually flashed Red leds instead of blue..maybe i got a super early batch..who knows..id wait till its proven these guys can beat new dsi protection..good luck everyone.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've got way too much time on my hands... how the heck do you have so much cards anyways? I happen to like R4 clones lol they're not bad

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friend gave me a ds lite one once and I kinda liked it....to a certain extent. for me r4 clone was like the ditch card. If all my other cards died off, i had that little insurance ticket to save my life. I could use another dsi cart for myself cuz my ak2i might brick out, and my parents don't wanna get me more.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
i like buying new products to test and to just have. i collect other backup units as well. This is just an extension of that. I sort of bought into the hype that this would be the card to beat new fw protections first. As far as time goes..ive wasted about an hour maybe and my friends/family will now have working cards..assuming nothing goes wrong. And im also trying to help out the community so people know what to expect and what they should and should not do. i doubt anyone else is testing ten cards and posting their results. Also would like to thank everyone who posted with tips and how to's. Its all about helping each other out with this forums. At least thats my view of it.

zagith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently received my M3i Zero from GameKool, after following the instructions to a T, my DSi did not recognize it.
mad.gif
After several attempts, endless searching on various forums (including this one) I finally found a solution that worked!

It definitely had to do with the gold contacts on the game cart. Look very closely at the gold contacts, look to see if they are dirty / cloudy, finger prints, residue, etc. Mine had fingerprints. I carefully rubbed the contacts with a dry soft cloth until I could no longer see the fingerprint smudges / residue. Inserted the cart and VIOLA!! It worked! WooHoo!!

I hope this works for others experiencing the same issue.

Thanks and happy gaming!
-Zagith
biggrin.gif

zagith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently received my M3i Zero from GameKool, after following the instructions to a T, my DSi did not recognize it.
mad.gif
After several attempts, endless searching on various forums (including this one) I finally found a solution that worked!

It definitely had to do with the gold contacts on the game cart. Look very closely at the gold contacts, look to see if they are dirty / cloudy, finger prints, residue, etc. Mine had fingerprints. I carefully rubbed the contacts with a dry soft cloth until I could no longer see the fingerprint smudges / residue. Inserted the cart and VIOLA!! It worked! WooHoo!!

I hope this works for others experiencing the same issue.

Thanks and happy gaming!
-Zagith
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?