OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: IT WAS JUST A CONTACT ISSUE.

I correctly flashed the card!
I put the f_core.dat and system folder in the root of the card.
Then I plugged in the power cable and it started blinking.

Yet when I put it in my DSi it doesn't show up!

I specifically followed all of the steps listed in the manual.

Can anyone here help me with this problem I have?

I am using a 4gb class 2 sandisk microsdhc card if that matters.

azndeathmage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I did not pull the cable out while blinking.
After It finished blinking I even waited 10 seconds then pulled it out.
I've done this like 5 times but still no dice.
cry.gif

kevin1231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you download the system file and the f_core from? And did you make sure to reformat your sd card before doing that?

azndeathmage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my f_core.dat from the official site.

This one right?

I got my system folder from the M3 Sakura FAQ Thread.

M3 Sakura FAQ

I did remember to format the microsdhc card as it said in the manual.
I right clicked removable disk then pressed format.. and formatted it in windows.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
Did you pull the cable out while it was still blinking? If I remember right, iwakura warned me to be pretty careful with the update procedure after he messed up one.

When you say iwakura messed one up do you mean he permenantly bricked the card or just had to do a reflash?

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
raing3 said:
PharaohsVizier said:
Did you pull the cable out while it was still blinking? If I remember right, iwakura warned me to be pretty careful with the update procedure after he messed up one.

When you say iwakura messed one up do you mean he permenantly bricked the card or just had to do a reflash?

I permanently bricked a cart.

ChivaJones

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem as azndeathmage. I followed the instructions, I did format the card then I placed the f_core.dat along the system folder on the root of the card.
Then I inserted the card on the M3 Zero, plugged the power cable as specified on iwakura's review and then to my computer. The light flashed 30 times the stopped. After that I placed the micro sd on the m3 however every time the card shows "No system file found! Put system file in".
I tried first with the Sakura system file and then with the System for M3I Zero. Tried with three different Micro SD card but I have the same issue.
Is my card bricked? Is there a way to solve this issue?

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
iwakura said:
raing3 said:
PharaohsVizier said:

I permanently bricked a cart.

Thats not good
frown.gif
... i wanted to try and reset my M3i Zero back to a state where it wasn't flashed by just filling the F_CORE.DAT file with blank data but I don't think I'll try that now, thanks for the heads up
smile.gif

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
we have sold over 100
we had 1 customer email with the same issue

its being sent back we will have it early next week
i will let you know what happens, but it could just be

1. a contact issue
2. a hardware issue in the M3 not related to the chip thats being flashed.

we have been selling the m3real for 2 year or so. We have had great results with the fail rate, its really small...but its always going to exist.

azndeathmage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChivaJones said:
I have the same problem as azndeathmage. I followed the instructions, I did format the card then I placed the f_core.dat along the system folder on the root of the card.
Then I inserted the card on the M3 Zero, plugged the power cable as specified on iwakura's review and then to my computer. The light flashed 30 times the stopped. After that I placed the micro sd on the m3 however every time the card shows "No system file found! Put system file in".
I tried first with the Sakura system file and then with the System for M3I Zero. Tried with three different Micro SD card but I have the same issue.
Is my card bricked? Is there a way to solve this issue?

My DSi doesn't even recognize the M3i Zero as a game!
I plug it in but it still says no game cart is inserted! WTF.
I'll try to get my hands on a different microsd card, then.

gamekool

Trophies
Website
www.gamekool.com
XP
Country
United States
seems micro sd is not a problem.
then try to reflash it ....
you can follow the step in user guide second part "ii) For users who have been upgraded the data of "f_core.dat":"
see if it helps..

sgrenyer

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a similar problem. Have plugged the M3i Zero card in after programming it. Switch on the DSi, the screen switches on, the prompt to "Touch the touchscreen" comes on briefly and then the unit powers off.

I know the DSi unit is ok because if i remove the M3i Zero adapter and install a game cartridge it works fine.

I also know I haven't bricked the M3i Zero;

1. When programming it the LED flashed for 30s then went out. I waited a further 10s-20s then removed the adapter. Have installed both the f_Core.dat into root + the System files into a SYSTEM folder also in root. System files I've tried are both V1.0 for m3i and v4.3h
2. If I install the programmed M3i Zero with standard M3 firmware V4.3h in a DS Lite the unit and adapter work fine.

Seems to me either this is a design fault with the card and/or FW/core file as it looks like the DSi unit won't recognize teh card or recognizes it for what it is and then locks it out by shutting down the system.

I've tried installing the f_core.dat file using files downloaded off the internet from two different locations. In both cases when programmming the adapter the LED flashes for 30s then goes out but the DSi unit still won't boot up. In both cases the standard DS lite with the M3i Zero adapter in it boots up and works fine.

Anyone else seen similar? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong OR what I need to do to resolve this?

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Did any of you who bricked your cart stick the usb adapter into the M3iZ when you shouldn't have? Because I was doing it during my review (to show how it plugs in) and thats when mine bricked. The adapter wasnt even plugged into the computer though, so I don't see how it should have affected the M3iZ. But...if you guys did the same thing, then I guess we have the cause of the problem
unsure.gif

sooyoung87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have also followed the directions couple times but it says no system file... i ordered two cards and both say the same thing. i noticed that on the reviews and the official site of m3 had orange lights light up when updating the f_core but both of mine are blue. i hope i didnt order fakes. i ordered from gamekool.

hyun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sooyoung87 said:
i have also followed the directions couple times but it says no system file... i ordered two cards and both say the same thing. i noticed that on the reviews and the official site of m3 had orange lights light up when updating the f_core but both of mine are blue. i hope i didnt order fakes. i ordered from gamekool.
Gamekool is awesome
You shouldnt worry because they have great service there

shawty00

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iwakura said:
Did any of you who bricked your cart stick the usb adapter into the M3iZ when you shouldn't have? Because I was doing it during my review (to show how it plugs in) and thats when mine bricked. The adapter wasnt even plugged into the computer though, so I don't see how it should have affected the M3iZ. But...if you guys did the same thing, then I guess we have the cause of the problem
unsure.gif

So just don't stick the USB in without flashing? Is it okay to reflash everything?

moak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't understand i follow all instructions.
i see m3 adapter in dsi menu
but when i start it the dsi show "An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSI Operations Manual for details"

shawty00

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moak said:
i don't understand i follow all instructions.
i see m3 adapter in dsi menu
but when i start it the dsi show "An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSI Operations Manual for details"
do you have the system file in your micro sd?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk