Hacking My G6DS Real just swiped!!!

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First of all let me say I did NOTHING to it but open the Colours! folder, go back to the main one, open the Colours! one again to find it EMPTY and then went back to root to find EVERYTHING GONE.
NADA
ZILCH
ZERO
GONE!Help please...Why did it just format automatically?
I don't really care about my saves anymore...cos I hardly play now since my g6real has so many problems.
But I just want to know if I need to get a new flash cart.
And I think I'll NEVER buy g6 again!

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't DLDI patch it, did you? Probably corrupted it.
G6DS autopatches, just like most Slot-1 cards now.

Can't say I know what caused your problem, but it doesn't sound like it formated, but rather got corrupt. There are programs to recover your data, but you don't seem to interested. I'd just, format it from the G6, and load up stuff again.

Do you have a 16gbit or a 8? From what I understand, the 16 can be a little volatile with homebrew.

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why would I manually patch my g6real when it autopatches? >_> Derrr...

But how would it get corrupt from me just inserting it into the computer? Yeah...I already got those programs...my sis is also giving it to her friend to see if he can fix it...if not looks like I'll have to buy a new one...stupid g6...it's all it's fault that I've lost my addiction to DS! Gragh...

8gbit. Not rich enough to get 16
tongue.gif

I swear if I get a second g6 and it doesn't work, I'll BURN IT
hate2.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What programs can I use to recover games and saves?

Try Paragon's Partition Magic's Disk Explorer or OnTrack's Data Recovery.

Also trying GetDataBack might help.

First of all let me say I did NOTHING to it but open the Colours! folder, go back to the main one, open the Colours! one again to find it EMPTY and then went back to root to find EVERYTHING GONE.
NADA
ZILCH
ZERO
GONE!Help please...Why did it just format automatically?
I don't really care about my saves anymore...cos I hardly play now since my g6real has so many problems.
But I just want to know if I need to get a new flash cart.
And I think I'll NEVER buy g6 again!
It might be that you got one of those "bad" memory cards. They tend to lose data randomly.

I don't think that it could be something DLDI related as he has NOT run Colours! but just opened the Colours! folder...

So it might be the memory card. Try getting a cheap one of good brand (Kingston, Kingmax, ecc... I personally can't recommend Sandisk as I remember I saw those problems with a Sandisk memory card...) and see if it happens again.

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well that would explain why I had a LOT of problems before this as well...this si the 2nd time it's done this...
Ummm....g6dsreal doesn't use memory cards, it has in built memory.
My sis' friend is tryng to fix it, so we'll see how it goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y