Hacking My downgraded n3ds xl got a frankein firmware

Pounou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So all was ok i have successefuly downgrade my n3ds and i can use hbl with theme hax and my gateway card with no problem. After all that i have tried to update my emunand with xenon hack tutorial. I have tried different way with different update pack but nothing to do everytime my emunand brick and i have to reinject my emunand backup. I hope someone will find a solution, maybe when gateway give us support for emunand 9.6+.
You are warned, when you downgrade you can loose the possibility to update your emunand.

Last edited by Pounou,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
non-support for emuNAND 9.6+ on N3DS has NOTHING to do with downgrading...

ALL N3DS, downgraded or not, can't run emuNAND9.6+ because of a new encryption key.

Reactions: SpongeFreak52

Pounou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i know this i try to update to 9.5.0-23E(Full)_n3DS, anyway i will try to rename folders on my Nintendo 3DS folder from micro sd card. Its works for some users

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Downgrading hasn't changed in any way from now since the past. If you did do the downgrade, and you didn't brick, this is your problem, not the downgrade. N3DS can't surpass 9.5 EMUNAND support.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this i try to update to 9.5.0-23E(Full)_n3DS, anyway i will try to rename folders on my Nintendo 3DS folder from micro sd card. Its works for some users

How are you updating your emunand? What program are you using to install the cias?

Pounou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I use this tutorial http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-update-emunand-on-a-n3ds.393701/

now to fix my black screen i do this and it just worked:
JerwuQu said:
I found the solution for those that downgraded and get the black screen.
Go into your SD-card (on your PC) and rename your emunand folder (Nintendo 3DS/XXXXXXXXXX) to something else.
Now start your 3ds and boot into emunand. It will recreate the folder (but without your installs). This is fine.
Take out your SD-card and go back to your PC. Move all the files from your renamed emunand folder to the one that just got created EXCEPT FOR THOSE THAT CONFLICT. DO NOT MOVE THOSE. IT WILL NOT WORK.

Worked for me ^^

Reactions: Zidapi

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So all was ok i have successefuly downgrade my n3ds and i can use hbl with theme hax and my gayeway card with no problem. After all that i have tried to update my emunand with xenon hack tutorial. I have tried different way with different update pack but nothing to do everytime my emunand brick and i have to reinject my emunand backup. I hope someone will find a solution, maybe when gateway give us support for emunand 9.6+.
You are warned, when you downgrade you can loose the possibility to update your emunand.
Remove your Nintendo 3DS folder and you should boot into 9.5 emunand no problem

Edit: @Pounou I didnt try that!

Last edited by Luckkill4u,

Pounou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think i have found the problem. If you install theme hax with menu hax installer 2.1 it will make your emunand start with black screen. Delete or rename the big folder on your micro sd Nintendo 3ds folder and install theme hax with menu hax installer 2.0. All is ok now with my new 9.5 emunand

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i have found the problem. If you install theme hax with menu hax installer 2.1 it will make your emunand start with black screen. Delete or rename the big folder on your micro sd Nintendo 3ds folder and install theme hax with menu hax installer 2.0. All is ok now with my new 9.5 emunand
If you are using menuhax, you need to unlink your nands. that is why you are getting problems.

Pounou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you are using menuhax, you need to unlink your nands. that is why you are getting problems.

My nands were already unlinked before the problem start. Now all is ok thanks. I always unlink my nand like that i can make no internet connection on sysnand and make one for emunand

PS admin: Plz close this thread

Last edited by Pounou,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, @salazarcosplay hi