Hacking My Backups of Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart aren't working

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Verbatim DVD-Rs are not that cheap, especially compared to other DVD brands.

I dunno if it's different elsewhere, but at least in Oz Verbatim DVDs are always on sale somewhere for between AU$0.30 and AU$0.40/disc (~US$0.20 to US$0.25/disc) in 50 or 100 spindles. That's like at most AU$0.10 more than you'd pay for something like CMC MAG.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont use Verbatim DVD-Rs.. I just use regular Sony DVD-R, 14 backup games and they works just fine.
smile.gif

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
I use Sony DVD and backup of Super Mario galaxy NTSC-U with no patch and it works perfectly fine on WiiGator 0.3g!

Same here dude ^^
I already burned more than 15 successful games and I'm downloading some more =)

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Every time I've looked here Sony discs are a lot more expensive than Verbatim...I suppose it's different in the States then? I could buy Yudens for the price of Sony media.

The truth is that most discs should work fine with the Wii, it's drive isn't really very picky. Some discs degrade faster than others, some burners are picky about which discs they like to burn well, and some media codes have overall poorer burner support than others, but most will work just the same as much as anybody will notice. The only situation where it matters is if you've got a dying or picky drive.

ccockerill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well tonight I'm going to try ripping it to a harddrive instead of wifi and I'm trying a different build of the iso dumper so I'll post my results tomorrow morning.

ccockerill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the harddrive method failed and wasted 3 hours of my time trying to set that up. I can't try ripping now because I have class and have to bring my laptop with me, this is becoming ridiculous. Is there anything that installing a different cIOS would fix?

ccockerill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I reinstalled the cios and also installed an included boot.dol in my preloader and now I'm ripping again over wifi. So I'll see how this goes.

ccockerill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried just using a newsgroup to dl a wii .iso, of a game I own, Mario Kart, to see if it's my backups that aren't working. This is a pal iso, on an ntsc system, there shouldn't be any problems with this? I know that games from other regions can be played, but I want to make sure there isn't anything mario kart specific.

I already burned a coaster at 4x using disk utility and I'm trying to burn a copy at 2x now to try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)