Hacking My 128 GB is almost full!

inb4tehlulz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't see the issue here. Just move some games to an external HD and free up some space, it's not like you need 144 games on the 3DS at all times, considering 100 of those are probably shitty games anyway.
Do you switch between 144 games every day?

I left the country for about 8 months and loaded my 3ds with about 80 gigs of games, sometimes you can't get access to an external HD but you know you'll have plenty of free time to burn through games. Especially if you don't know if you'll even enjoy the game yet.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Then your other message doesnt make sense, you can get bigger cards that are legit. Google.
i know , but when someone is searching for a 256GB card for $40 and find a 200GB card for $150 , they forget about the expansive card and go for the cheap one
even if the cheap one make no sense and why its too cheap

for me , i never buy from this sites
amazon or if there no option i'll go for ebay ( most of sellers in ebay sells fake sandisk card )

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Be more selective.
You might think that you need every 3DS game to be available to you on your console, but you really don't, because most of them are rubbish (I'm not knocking the 3DS, most of everything is rubbish). Ok you won't be able to know for every game whether you'll like it or not, but there will still be plenty of games that sound like obvious bollocks that you don't care about.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like to hoard games too, but not to that extent. I've only seriously played maybe 6-7 games out of like 40 on my card.

Buy a 200GB card from Amazon, if you want it to be reliable make sure that it is labeled as "fulfilled by Amazon" or supports Amazon Prime. According to reviews on Amazon, it has been confirmed to work on the N3DS, but if it doesn't work, just return it for a free refund. They'll let you print out a shipping label so nothing comes out of your pocket.

Last edited by Zerousen,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I heard that too, but I also heard that only 32GB out of 128GB were usable.
Windows and OSX don't like formatting anything over 32GB into FAT32. You just have to use specialty software to get around this obstacle. The 3DS only recognizes FAT32 sd/microsd cards, so once you get around that you can use whatever size you like. Even sdxc cards should work.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows and OSX don't like formatting anything over 32GB into FAT32. You just have to use specialty software to get around this obstacle. The 3DS only recognizes FAT32 sd/microsd cards, so once you get around that you can use whatever size you like. Even sdxc cards should work.
That was true in like 2006, but Windows is more than ok now with formatting large capacity. Read about it

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was true in like 2006, but Windows is more than ok now with formatting large capacity. Read about it
Yup, but it only likes formatting them in NTFS and exFAT.

FAT32 is required for the 3ds family, which windows is like "nope, ain't gonna do it for over 32GB"

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought 128 GB would be more than enough. Though actually after the emunand partition, I only have 117 to work with... Now I once again find myself in need of more space. There's still plenty I need to put on my 3DS. I'm considering getting a 256 GB micro SD, but wondering where the best place to find a legit card, and if it would even work with N3DS. Anyone have an idea?
You are using O3DS and SDXC card (not mSDXC)? If so, update to 512GB card http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Profess...495&sr=8-1&keywords=lexar+professional+512+gb

PNY has some 256GB with cheaper price http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...s=sdxc&ie=UTF8&qid=1446582469&rnid=6518301011

However, I can't offer opinion because never use PNY SDXC card (only USB and they are decent)

Last edited by tivu100,

wiiando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
100+ games, just why?

There's maybe 40-50 games that are worth installing.

I have about 30 on my card atm, but the problem for me is I can only play one at a time, is there something i'm missing to play multiple games at once?

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is so difficult for people to comprehend about having all your games easily accessible in case you should want to play a particular one? And then we hear "Oh, but there are only a handful of games worth actually having, lulz!" Just because you have your idea of what is enjoyable to play, doesn't mean that everyone else has the same narrow minded idea of what they like.

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, I have 144 3DS games in CIA format coming in at 97.5GB, then there are numerous emulators, (NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, Sega Master System, Genesis, 32X, Final Burn Alpha, Mame, Neo Geo, PCEngine, PS1, etc. Then I'd like to set up Sunshell with some movies and music, so, ya...

Start paying for your games, that will slow down your data usage and make you more selective. Right now you have opportunity overload and think you need every game ever created on your 3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The SD Card can be formatted as Fat32 it will then support the higher capacity cards. Later versions of windows only seem to format as exFat which the 3DS will not recognise

That's not the issue at all, the issue is the boundary between SDXC and SDHC which have specification differences beyond anything to do with the formatting chosen i.e. sector sizes, CSD register, speed limits etc.

Read... Learn...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
So far, I have 144 3DS games in CIA format coming in at 97.5GB, then there are numerous emulators, (NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, Sega Master System, Genesis, 32X, Final Burn Alpha, Mame, Neo Geo, PCEngine, PS1, etc. Then I'd like to set up Sunshell with some movies and music, so, ya...
I assume you have a N3DS and not the O3DS? The emulators run horribly slow on the old 3ds (with the exception of perhaps Gameboy and emulators that support the hardware of the 3DS to run GBA natively etc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1