XP
Country
Italy
Hyuber said:
Well, it looks like I managed to do something XD

intro1au8.jpg
intro2fr2.jpg
intro3cg2.jpg

It's been harder then I thought XD Now I understand the stress you've been though, Noitora
tongue.gif
It should be "Quanto tempo fa furono "portati alla luce" questi mondi?" but... nice anyways XD

If you need any help I can be up to it ^^

Hyuber

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meadowofthoughts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Italy
Morgawr said:
Hyuber said:

It's been harder then I thought XD Now I understand the stress you've been though, Noitora
tongue.gif
It should be "Quanto tempo fa furono "portati alla luce" questi mondi?" but... nice anyways XD

I tried to make every line about the same lenght, it looks much better. Also, either way is correct... it just sounds/looks better this way, IMO ^^

Anyway, this topic is about Noitora's awesome work
wink.gif
It's still to early to plan an Italian translation ^^ But if you want we can talk about this sometimes in the future ^^
I was just trying a few things. Last time I tried to translate a game was 10 years ago, Breath of Fire IV
tongue.gif
A project I dropped after a few days, 'cause the game was just too big for a person alone. So right now the best thing we can do is help Noitora
wink.gif

Morgawr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hyuber said:
Morgawr said:
Hyuber said:

tongue.gif

I tried to make every line about the same lenght, it looks much better. Also, either way is correct... it just sounds/looks better this way, IMO ^^

Anyway, this topic is about Noitora's awesome work
wink.gif
It's still to early to plan an Italian translation ^^ But if you want we can talk about this sometimes in the future ^^
I was just trying a few things. Last time I tried to translate a game was 10 years ago, Breath of Fire IV
tongue.gif
A project I dropped after a few days, 'cause the game was just too big for a person alone. So right now the best thing we can do is help Noitora
wink.gif

At the moment I'm working on translating Moon in Italian but it's just for fun, not expecting to finish it
wink.gif
and I've never had any experience with "professional" translations before so.. meh ^^

Anyways yeah, enough off topic for me today ^^ Nice job Noitora let's hope this project keeps going well, I'd really love to see this RPG translated in English soon
biggrin.gif

radonryder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mauritius
I patched the game a while back(dont remember which version)then my sd card got corrupted so iv a few days back i just started playing it again(but i lost my save file>>)
Iv got a couple of questions....
1.In version 7 of the patch is the script only till still translated till Taketori Castle?(coz i got till that part and the rest of the script seems to be in jap)
2.Will trimming it with nds tokyotrim(or any other trimmer) cause any trouble with it?
(jump ultimate stars eng patch had some trouble with it)

Thanks guys for translating such an awesome game:)
Got yourself an Indian Fan
bow.gif
(we're everywhere^^)

winrehs

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll help you Noitora if I'd know what to do. I would love to help you finish the project but unfortunately I'm not as talented as you when it comes to these.
laugh.gif

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
winrehs said:
I'll help you Noitora if I'd know what to do. I would love to help you finish the project but unfortunately I'm not as talented as you when it comes to these.
laugh.gif
I'm just looking for someone who knows Japanese and wants to help with the project, go find someone for me! xD

Edit: If anyone wants to help with the translation:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pOG...HNTRz_zgAR85aXw
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW JAPANESE! DON'T USE GOOGLE TRANSLATE!

jaei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jaeisix.net
XP
Country
Noitora said:
Edit: If anyone wants to help with the translation:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pOG...HNTRz_zgAR85aXw
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW JAPANESE! DON'T USE GOOGLE TRANSLATE!

Working on some now...
kinda hard to translate some kanji because they sound cool in Jap/Korean/Chinese but sounds kinda lame in english lol.
Should these be just written in romaji? (???=FIVE BIG SWORDS)!

Edit1: Went through a lot of usable items and field only items as well.
Somebody who knows the game proofread please as I don't know the in-game names and such for characters/monsters/places.

Edit2: Going by romaji when translation sounds weird (Masen:Shinmyou instead of Devil Fans:Holy Weirdness, Suiren instead of water flower).
About half way through the list, skipping ones I can't fully translate. Feel free to jump in people!

Phantom Phoenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
@ Jaei,
that's why you need to revised the translated words and be legit and creative of how they would sound in English.

"Devil Fans: Holy Weirdness" = Unholy Demon(ic) Fans
"holy weirdness" = unholy
and how can devil be holy?
it's a contradicting oxymoron, lol.

so its either that, or Dark Demons Fans

or you can go with uber-pwnage Latin translation.
"Orbis Diabolus"

lol

"Five Big Swords" in proper English would be - Pentagram Swords
Penta is the prefix for 5, but then you can't say pentagon swords or pentamerous swords,
so you end up with pentagram.
"cinque" or quinary, also mean 5.
that gives you , "quinarious blade"
but that sounds corny.

Pentagram Swords sounds the most right.

oh, and if you flip the pentagram upsidedown, you get the "baphomet"
so, Baphomet Blades sounds good also.

Noitora, any other words like this that you guys need help forging in to properly written gothic badass English.
just let me know.

AIM - BrygardPhoenix
MSN - [email protected]

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Phantom Phoenix said:
Noitora, any other words like this that you guys need help forging in to properly written gothic badass English.
just let me know.
Your edits seem far different from the actual meanings, sorry to break it to you but I won't need your help, my friend can take care of all the translation and the editing.
And refrain from calling people that are helping oxymorons.

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
How can you call someone an oxymoron??

However, true, translation should be according to it's respective series, and not creativity, how good it may sound. >.>

jaei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jaeisix.net
XP
Country
fateastray said:
However, true, translation should be according to it's respective series, and not creativity, how good it may sound. >.>

Yup, I tried to stay within the series when translating.
I also remembered some of the item names when I played the series on GBA in English and Korean.
Also I don't think some should be translated to the language directly unless appropriate.

It would be weird if Ryu and Ken from street fighter yell out 'fireball!' or 'rising dragon fist!' instead of hadouken/shyoruken.

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
jaei said:
fateastray said:

Yup, I tried to stay within the series when translating.
I also remembered some of the item names when I played the series on GBA in English and Korean.
Also I don't think some should be translated to the language directly unless appropriate.

It would be weird if Ryu and Ken from street fighter yell out 'fireball!' or 'rising dragon fist!' instead of hadouken/shyoruken.
Yes I totally agree with you some things just don't sound right in English but making changes like the guy above suggested, pff that's ridiculous.

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
jaei said:
Hey Noitora, take a look at the spreadsheet at lines 561~565.
'Pu' from 'drop' seems to have it's on lines.
Is it supposed to be like that?
You shouldn't worry about this old spreadsheet anymore
tongue.gif

QUOTE(winrehs @ Jan 15 2009, 05:34 PM) I'll help you Noitora if I'd know what to do. I would love to help you finish the project but unfortunately I'm not as talented as you when it comes to these.
laugh.gif
I think we have all we need already, PM me if you want to be my hacking slav- erm...helper
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4