Hacking MT-card(maybe the first 3ds multi-rom flash card)

RomAnOCrY

Trophies
XP
Country
France
32/64 AND 128GB works with MT-CARD !

Hi,

Thanks for your help. We were thinking to release the update with latest eshop games support, but some users asked us to release the available launcher.dat first, here is the update (NO LINK)

Thanks.
Jean

Update v1.3 release :) It's an hardware AND software update !
I ask her if i can publish the update here, waiting her answer :)

natashquan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been unable to get my mt card working at all. My 3DS is running firmware 4.5.0-6U, I was careful to buy my mt card from an official reseller, I followed all the instructions to the letter but every time I attempt to launch the blue cart with the exploit I get "An error has occurred" and all it'll let me do is shut off the 3DS.
Reformatting my microsd / redownloading the bluecard file hasn't helped.
Anyone else run into this?

(also, is it normal for the 3DS to read the bluecard file as "Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis"?)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I've been unable to get my mt card working at all. My 3DS is running firmware 4.5.0-6U, I was careful to buy my mt card from an official reseller, I followed all the instructions to the letter but every time I attempt to launch the blue cart with the exploit I get "An error has occurred" and all it'll let me do is shut off the 3DS.

Are you using a Micro SD adapter as your 3DS SD card? If not, your SD card might not be compatible with your 3DS.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

(also, is it normal for the 3DS to read the bluecard file as "Spongebob Atlantis Squarepantis"?)

Do you have this icon on your homescreen?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1GqbTN28To4/UqchavlkHyI/AAAAAAAACCk/K2gVaLAyGdw/s1600/miiverse02.jpg

if so it's a partially updated system and will never work.

natashquan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huntereb - Ah, I'm not far enough into the instructions for an SD card to come into play, just the microSD with the bluecard file. That said, if I can ever get that loaded, I have an actual SD card that I was going to use for the launcher, not doing the micro + adapter workaround there.
Abcdfv - I do not have that icon on my homescreen, the internet browser is the furthest right icon in the top bar on my 3DS.

So what I'm gathering is that I should redo the update to 4.5.0-6U? I'll give that a try.
Thanks for helping out, I'll let you know how it goes.

*some time later*

...Nope, I formatted the 3DS's memory and still getting the error with the bluecard. There is zero possibility that it's been updated anywhere past 4.5.0-6U - I say this because I only updated it to that last night and the wifi has been deliberately turned off ever since - only carts that have touched the system since then are the one that came with the update (Turbo Super Stunt Squad) and the bluecard.
Any more ideas? I'm starting to think I might have gotten a defective MT card.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Huntereb - Ah, I'm not far enough into the instructions for an SD card to come into play, just the microSD with the bluecard file. That said, if I can ever get that loaded, I have an actual SD card that I was going to use for the launcher, not doing the micro + adapter workaround there.

Good, because Micro SD adapters don't work with the 3DS.

netnerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got a source for that?

My microSD to SD adaptor works just fine with a 16GB microSDHC cart. It's even a fake microSDHC.
Confirming this. Regular 3DS (not XL) and an 8GB SanDisk Micro SD.

Weird, mine doesn't work. :(
Perhaps it was the Micro SD or the adapter being weird.
AFAIK a Micro SD uses the exact same protocol as a regular SD does. The adapters are just to make them fit in everything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!