Status
Not open for further replies.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i wont even get into guessing, they have shown both features working so its not like they are starting from the ground up, the only thing i can think at this point is they are either trying to add more "security which at this point is just harming them more than its helping, they have already been beaten now to multi-rom with all current features, delaying to add security is just wasting time, if they released and it did get ripped off atleast they would still have some faith in the community, but now its turning on them with all the delays and teasers..........dont they know that nobody likes a tease :P

hopefully the delays are to add more features instead of just security and they will come out and wow us all, because at this rate you will be picking up pokemon in the bargain bins anyway and MT already has multi-rom

I just don't get what they want with their "security". They should just banish the brick code and yeah....done! Did they really expect that they would keep their monopoly in the market forever? The way they are handling all of this now is just giving other companies like MT a chance to surpass GW. And the way I see it the "Backup-Scene" *cough* is heading to a dead end anyway, as soon as the 7.X encryption kicks in in retail games and even if that can be blown open, it's just a matter of time before a free ROM loader will be released...so yeah, just my 2 cents, needed to get that out of my head :P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah im hoping its something like that.......maybe that would warrant them adding security to stop competitors getting that feature XD

Lunai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah im hoping its something like that.......maybe that would warrant them adding security to stop competitors getting that feature XD

I just don't get what they want with their "security". They should just banish the brick code and yeah....done! Did they really expect that they would keep their monopoly in the market forever? The way they are handling all of this now is just giving other companies like MT a chance to surpass GW. And the way I see it the "Backup-Scene" *cough* is heading to a dead end anyway, as soon as the 7.X encryption kicks in in retail games and even if that can be blown open, it's just a matter of time before a free ROM loader will be released...so yeah, just my 2 cents, needed to get that out of my head :P

Imagine how unstable a rom loader would be if the 3DS attempts to think that a game is in the card slot when there isn't.
Even if they do come out with one, I still prefer to keep my roms independent of just one SD card.
It feels nice to actually hold a game cartridge.
I think it'd also be unstable for one SD card to run a nand and a game in real time. Both require a lot of resources and a class 2 card will lag like shit trying to maintain both.
Gonna have to buy a U1 class SD.

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Imagine how unstable a rom loader would be if the 3DS attempts to think that a game is in the card slot when there isn't.
Even if they do for out with one, I still prefer to keep my roms independent of just one SD card.
I think it'd also be unstable for one SD card to run a nand and a game in real time.
Good have to buy a U1 class SD.

I also enjoy having an actual cartridge but the problem you stated regarding the 3DS thinking there's a game in the cartridge slot is unreasonable IMO, just look at the USB Loaders on the Wii, and you could also make the 3DS think that it's an eShop game ;)

Lunai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also enjoy having an actual cartridge but the problem you stated regarding the 3DS thinking there's a game in the cartridge slot is unreasonable IMO, just look at the USB Loaders on the Wii, and you could also make the 3DS think that it's an eShop game ;)

I highly doubt anytime are we going to forge an authentic signature for a rom to recognize as an eShop game.
As far as we know eShop games might have a few extra lines of code for validation purposes.

MichiS97

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I highly doubt anytime are we going to forge an authentic signature for a rom to recognize as an eShop game.
As far as we know eShop games might have a few extra lines of code for validation purposes.

It has actually been revealed that the only difference is a number in the header

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play e shop games via emunand all the time with a class 4, I think it would work fine. Even back in the day when psp used its equivalent to emunand I had no lag issues
Even if they do come out with one, I still prefer to keep my roms independent of just one SD card.
I think it'd also be unstable for one SD card to run a nand and a game in real time. Both require a lot of resources and a class 2 card will lag like shit trying to maintain both.
Gonna have to buy a U1 class SD.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
We already saw NAND saving is working, multirom is working.
I'm inclined to believe the delay was them trying to figure out the 7.0.0 keys.
that was the post i was referring too when i said hopefully thats what they are up too XD
i do think a rom loader is somewhat inevitable, at least for pre- 7.0 encryption games though....might not be anytime soon, but once the ball is rolling in terms of access to the FW like what gateway has, i would imagine patching the license checks on eshop titles would happen sooner or later, not necessarily cart emulation, but you never know that might happen too, its all too early to say atm

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We never did see NAND saving games or SDK5+ games working on the multi-rom demo, maybe they ended up breaking support for one of those when they implemented multi-rom.

Lunai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We never did see NAND saving games or SDK5+ games working on the multi-rom demo, maybe they ended up breaking support for one of those when they implemented multi-rom.

Uhh both of them are coming.
If they showed X first then Y, then by your logic X should not come out.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh both of them are coming.
If they showed X first then Y, then by your logic X should not come out.

No, X is an arbitrary NAND saving game, if they prove it works then any other NAND saving game should work.

Lunai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course.
Implementing NAND saving shouldn't intervene with multirom at all.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
afaik multi-rom would more likely be required due to how the save is programmed, normal games save to spi flash....which the gateway card has inside, nand saving games save to the nand area of the rom chip, it makes sense to develop the 2 features side by side, as one is made easier by the development of the other

Reactions: cearp and Nightwish

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
We already saw NAND saving is working, multirom is working.
I'm inclined to believe the delay was them trying to figure out the 7.0.0 keys.

If they supposedly have NAND saving working (which is unlikely, all they showed was PokeX/Y and AC:NL being part of the rom selection list they didn't actually load the rom), it would make more sense for them to work on their brick code for... you know protection...

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they supposedly have NAND saving working (which is unlikely, all they showed was PokeX/Y and AC:NL being part of the rom selection list they didn't actually load the rom), it would make more sense for them to work on their brick code for... you know protection...

Anything else...?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The sad part is that that video can be faked by using the digital version of the game. I checked the behaviour of my copy on my 3DS and it acts the same way as in the video.

Edit: I take that back, the digital version takes much less time to save.

Edit 2: I just noticed that the icon is white for a short moment when the lady opens the 3DS.

Lunai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sad part is that that video can be faked by using the digital version of the game. I checked the behaviour of my copy on my 3DS and it acts the same way as in the video.

Edit: I take that back, the digital version takes much less time to save.

Why would they fake this when their 2.0 is now in final beta o-o
Anyhow I guess their video wasn't perhaps the most convincing, but the icon the green things showing over has a greyer tone to it than those of downloaded software.
You gotta look at it in fullscreen, and you can see that it IS the game card slot they chose.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why would they fake this when their 2.0 is now in final beta o-o
Anyhow I guess their video wasn't perhaps the most convincing, but the icon the green things showing over has a greyer tone to it than those of downloaded software.
You gotta look at it in fullscreen, and you can see that it IS the game card slot they chose.

Edited 3 minutes before your last edition.

if you look closely at the multi rom demo its actually a piece of paper stuck to the screen ;)

Don't blame me for being sceptical, their MultiROM video was weird and even the lady of the polished nails was having a hard time during the filming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?