Status
Not open for further replies.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edited 3 minutes before your last edition.

Don't blame me for being sceptical, their MultiROM video was weird and even the lady of the polished nails was having a hard time during the film.
The game takes a long ass time to load bro. (Stays on the nintendo 3ds loading screen longer than usual)
That alone is enough to convince that she is using the gateway. Cause all roms played on the cart takes a longer time to load.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The game takes a long ass time to load bro. (Stays on the nintendo 3ds loading screen longer than usual)
That alone is enough to convince that she is using the gateway. Cause all roms played on the cart takes a longer time to load.

Do you even have the digital version of the game in emuNAND?

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The sad part is that that video can be faked by using the digital version of the game. I checked the behaviour of my copy on my 3DS and it acts the same way as in the video.

Edit: I take that back, the digital version takes much less time to save.

Edit 2: I just noticed that the icon is white for a short moment when the lady opens the 3DS.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you get a game icon list with your digital games?
Why not release a video too?

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He means the rom selection menu built into the Gateway firmware.

Anyways I still believe they ran into compatibility issues with some games, otherwise it wouldn't have taken so long. That or they're trying even harder on their brick code, which shows that the whole "Only the Gateway can receive FPGA updates" is a lie or an FPGA update is not needed at this point.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, I actually was referring to the "NAND saving" demo, where they only show Pokemon Y running and saving with the GW cart. But it doesn't matter anymore I realised that they are actually using a ROM.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
They are definately using a rom, Both Pokemon games work and ACNL, They where working on fixing the issues with the fallback to SysNAND, aswell as noob proof update methods for both the EmuNAND and the GW Cart, with systems in place so you cant Fail, along with securing their launcher without resorting to Bricking Consoles AFAIK

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
They are definately using a rom, Both Pokemon games work and ACNL, They where working on fixing the issues with the fallback to SysNAND, aswell as noob proof update methods for both the EmuNAND and the GW Cart, with systems in place so you cant Fail, along with securing their launcher without resorting to Bricking Consoles AFAIK

And is this your opinion? Or have you somehow gotten insider info?

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a gateway card and the way I make the differences on my nands (emu and real nand) is I create several folders where the first letter of the folders spell out R E A L N A N D

Reactions: groit

groit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a gateway card and the way I make the differences on my nands (emu and real nand) is I create several folders where the first letter of the folders spell out R E A L N A N D

Good idea, but seems like a little too much trouble

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think 1 having miiverse and the other not, is a nice simple way of knowing :D, although i do have a "E" folder on emunand and a " ! " folder on real aswell, i also just set system settings as the first icon on real nand,

Yuri

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I updated my MT card to 1.1, but something that is not very clear, is emunand only needed when playing carts or when you want to use the eshop? Because I'm not using it and I've installed a few SDK 5+ roms (like Mario and Luigi and Zelda ALBW). And they all work and save just fine.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I updated my MT card to 1.1, but something that is not very clear, is emunand only needed when playing carts or when you want to use the eshop? Because I'm not using it and I've installed a few SDK 5+ roms (like Mario and Luigi and Zelda ALBW). And they all work and save just fine.
Currently every game except of Animal Crossing and Pokemon X/Y can be played on RealNAND because the patch is very simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1