Mr Nutz and other great GBC games.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Skelletonike, May 31, 2012.

1. Skelletonike
    OP

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Well, I was skimming through my old GBC games and I found Mr Nutz, I friggin loved that game when I got it, I played it from start to finish so many times, if there was one GBC platformer that got me hooked, it was Mr. Nutz and Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 3 (first tittle I got with my GBC, but it was pretty fun). Also related to the Looney Tunes, I was addicted to both, Martian Alert and it's sequel, Martian Revenge, I gotta admit, the games were on a league of its own, the puzzles, all the dif characters and their individual skills, I wonder... Never played a good Looney Tunes game after Time Buster.
    But still... Why didn't Mr Nutz get a DS sequel? :(

2. DigitalDeviant

DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
  3. Skelletonike
    OP

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Well, I never met that person.

1 person likes this.
  4. DigitalDeviant

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation

5. DigitalDeviant

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    pocket bomberman rocks! I still have that gb cart its a gem, brings back memories!

6. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Mr Nutz is actually originally an Super Nintendo title, then it was ported to Mega Drive (with a level missing I think) then Gameboy (GBC version is just a recoloured version of that) and then after the GBC one the original SNES version came to GBA and I recall that had a level or two removed from the SNES game added to the GBA version.

There was an Amiga game called Mr Nutz: Hoppin' Mad, different game...and that wasn't originally a Mr Nutz game it was Flying Squirrel thing. That same game was going to be released as Mr Nutz 2 on the Mega Drive but it was cancelled as the publisher Ocean stopped supporting 16 bit platforms and moved on to PSX/N64 etc, though there is a playable rom of it out there I think. Not sure if I recall properly but there may have been a 3rd Mr Nutz that would have been a sequel to the Amiga game. @raulpica may no more.

I guess there was no release of Hoppin' Mad on GBA/DS due to some licensing issue, Atari who published it on GBA only had the rights to the first game.

I loved the Crazy Castle series but they killed it with Woody Woodpecker Crazy Castle 5...would be nice if they bought Bugs back for a new one.

Martian Alert & Revenge...yeah played the hell out of those games. Forgotten classics!

Also I really enjoyed Pocket Bomberman, it was like the adventure mode of the normal games but as a platformer. Usually Hudson do a ton of sequels to all the ones that sold well but for whatever reason they didn't with that.

1 person likes this.
  7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Kinda reminds me of Conker.

According to Wikipedia, there was a playable sequel leaked for the Mega Drive.

8. DinohScene

DinohScene DinohScene <З MartyDreamy

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    OMG Mr Nutz.

I used to have that game ;o
    Lost it once on a holiday ;/

9. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    wow i was playing mr nutz yesterday and today i wish i would of saw this game in the usa when i was growing up.. (i mean the snes version)

10. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    Alfred Chicken is also an excellent platformer I loved as a kid. You may want to give it a try :)

1 person likes this.
  11. koimayeul

koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2009
    France
    France
    Ohh i recall playing Mr Nutz on SNES but gave up soon with terrible collision detection and overall difficulty.. It was a damn beautiful game though. For your GBC i would suggest you play Shantae if you didn't already. Also that colorful gorgeous point & click game, The Fish Files. Have fun! :)

12. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Really enjoyed that on the Amiga and then also the GBC one was really well done too.