Mr Nutz and other great GBC games.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Skelletonike, May 31, 2012.

May 31, 2012
  1. Skelletonike
    OP

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Well, I was skimming through my old GBC games and I found Mr Nutz, I friggin loved that game when I got it, I played it from start to finish so many times, if there was one GBC platformer that got me hooked, it was Mr. Nutz and Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 3 (first tittle I got with my GBC, but it was pretty fun). Also related to the Looney Tunes, I was addicted to both, Martian Alert and it's sequel, Martian Revenge, I gotta admit, the games were on a league of its own, the puzzles, all the dif characters and their individual skills, I wonder... Never played a good Looney Tunes game after Time Buster.
    But still... Why didn't Mr Nutz get a DS sequel? :(

2. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
  3. Skelletonike
    OP

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Well, I never met that person.

1 person likes this.
  4. DigitalDeviant

United States

5. DigitalDeviant

United States
    pocket bomberman rocks! I still have that gb cart its a gem, brings back memories!

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Mr Nutz is actually originally an Super Nintendo title, then it was ported to Mega Drive (with a level missing I think) then Gameboy (GBC version is just a recoloured version of that) and then after the GBC one the original SNES version came to GBA and I recall that had a level or two removed from the SNES game added to the GBA version.

There was an Amiga game called Mr Nutz: Hoppin' Mad, different game...and that wasn't originally a Mr Nutz game it was Flying Squirrel thing. That same game was going to be released as Mr Nutz 2 on the Mega Drive but it was cancelled as the publisher Ocean stopped supporting 16 bit platforms and moved on to PSX/N64 etc, though there is a playable rom of it out there I think. Not sure if I recall properly but there may have been a 3rd Mr Nutz that would have been a sequel to the Amiga game. @raulpica may no more.

I guess there was no release of Hoppin' Mad on GBA/DS due to some licensing issue, Atari who published it on GBA only had the rights to the first game.

I loved the Crazy Castle series but they killed it with Woody Woodpecker Crazy Castle 5...would be nice if they bought Bugs back for a new one.

Martian Alert & Revenge...yeah played the hell out of those games. Forgotten classics!

Also I really enjoyed Pocket Bomberman, it was like the adventure mode of the normal games but as a platformer. Usually Hudson do a ton of sequels to all the ones that sold well but for whatever reason they didn't with that.

1 person likes this.
  7. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Kinda reminds me of Conker.

According to Wikipedia, there was a playable sequel leaked for the Mega Drive.

8. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    OMG Mr Nutz.

I used to have that game ;o
    Lost it once on a holiday ;/

9. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    wow i was playing mr nutz yesterday and today i wish i would of saw this game in the usa when i was growing up.. (i mean the snes version)

10. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Alfred Chicken is also an excellent platformer I loved as a kid. You may want to give it a try :)

1 person likes this.
  11. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Ohh i recall playing Mr Nutz on SNES but gave up soon with terrible collision detection and overall difficulty.. It was a damn beautiful game though. For your GBC i would suggest you play Shantae if you didn't already. Also that colorful gorgeous point & click game, The Fish Files. Have fun! :)

12. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Really enjoyed that on the Amiga and then also the GBC one was really well done too.