MPlayer Wii XVID Settings

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by r3v3rb, Jan 16, 2009.

Jan 16, 2009

MPlayer Wii XVID Settings by r3v3rb at 9:18 PM (1,115 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. r3v3rb
    OP

r3v3rb Newbie

Okay MPlayer is now rocking on the wii, but most other consoles have a thread relating to the best encoding profile to use for bitrates, dimensions etc etc. So I thought lets get one going on here. Does anyone have any thoughts ?

Posts merged

holy shit ! 5 posts in 6 1/2 years !! lol I gotta be the slowest poster here...

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    WTF, what exactly do you want to know??

4 video media audio players.....
    MPlayer
    MPlayerWii
    GeeXbox
    MplayerCE

3. r3v3rb
    OP

r3v3rb Newbie

Duh ! I know about the different media players... What I was expecting other than some retarded response was getting everyone involved in working out what the best encoder settings would be to achieve the best video/audio quality for viewing using any of the media players...

But, I'll stick to posting over at max - as at least they understand the concept of a question...

PS, Just for anyone who might be interested h264 does not play well on the wii, I guess it just doesnt have enough raw power to decode in realtime whereas most xvid/divx seem okay but you need to be careful with the bitrates...

4. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    if that's the way you feel, use your Xbox or PC media centre and forget the wii...

GeeXbox....

5. r3v3rb
    OP

r3v3rb Newbie

So GeeXbox has no problem playing h264 encoded movies at high bitrates or am I a complete imbecile and missing your point.

Do you not ever re-encode movies to fit the best your player can produce ?

Yes I can play movies no problem for example the dmd version of Spiderwick plays no problem but it falls well short of being acceptable whereas Bolt which I watched today, and re-encoded from an h264 source to xvid with a special blend of settings, looked totally awesome on my LCD in the front room...

All I wanted from this thread was other peoples experience and possibly some discussion of their settings so that we could go about working out what is the best for everybody - still I think I'll keep my findings to myself instead...

6. djdynamite123

United Kingdom
    hmm, no i never need to encode any movies, not many people have had problems, it's easier to test yourself, as not-one mentions this sort of stuff on here im afraid...

7. r3v3rb
    OP

r3v3rb Newbie

furry muff, i'll leave this one for others to worry about individually then [​IMG]