Homebrew MPlayer Wii XVID Settings

• Thread starter r3v3rb
  • Start date
  • Views 1,786
  • Replies 6
R

r3v3rb

OP
Okay MPlayer is now rocking on the wii, but most other consoles have a thread relating to the best encoding profile to use for bitrates, dimensions etc etc. So I thought lets get one going on here. Does anyone have any thoughts ?

Posts merged

holy shit ! 5 posts in 6 1/2 years !! lol I gotta be the slowest poster here...

R

r3v3rb

OP
djdynamite123 said:
WTF, what exactly do you want to know??

4 video media audio players.....
MPlayer
MPlayerWii
GeeXbox
MplayerCE

Duh ! I know about the different media players... What I was expecting other than some retarded response was getting everyone involved in working out what the best encoder settings would be to achieve the best video/audio quality for viewing using any of the media players...

But, I'll stick to posting over at max - as at least they understand the concept of a question...

PS, Just for anyone who might be interested h264 does not play well on the wii, I guess it just doesnt have enough raw power to decode in realtime whereas most xvid/divx seem okay but you need to be careful with the bitrates...

R

r3v3rb

OP
djdynamite123 said:
GeeXbox....

So GeeXbox has no problem playing h264 encoded movies at high bitrates or am I a complete imbecile and missing your point.

Do you not ever re-encode movies to fit the best your player can produce ?

Yes I can play movies no problem for example the dmd version of Spiderwick plays no problem but it falls well short of being acceptable whereas Bolt which I watched today, and re-encoded from an h264 source to xvid with a special blend of settings, looked totally awesome on my LCD in the front room...

All I wanted from this thread was other peoples experience and possibly some discussion of their settings so that we could go about working out what is the best for everybody - still I think I'll keep my findings to myself instead...

R

r3v3rb

OP
furry muff, i'll leave this one for others to worry about individually then
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: