Moving eShop Content From emuNAND to sysNAND

-PLEASE NOTE THIS /WILL/ REQUIRE FLASHING A MODIFIED NAND BACKUP TO YOUR CONSOLE. ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR MODIFIED NAND BACKUP WORKS IN EMUNAND BEFORE FLASHING TO AVOID A BRICKED CONSOLE!!!!!!!!!!
-AFAIK, THIS ONLY WORKS WITH ESHOP CONTENT DOWNLOADED ON THAT CONSOLE. NO YOUR DOWNLOADED CIA'S WILL NOT WORK IN SYSNAND WITH THIS METHOD.
-MYSELF/GBATEMP ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR CONSOLE DOING THIS. (As long as you test your modified NAND backup inside of emuNAND before flashing it, you should be fine.)

Shoutouts to cearp and liomajor for helping me with this.

Requirements:

-4.x Console (9.x downgraded to 4.x will work. It's just to get XORPads. You /can/ modify your 9.x backup if you wish to restore back to 9.x with your eShop content).
-LINKED emuNAND and sysNAND (If you've system transferred from another console to your current emuNAND, this will also work. Adding moving the file "movable.sed" makes this possible).
-emuNAND with wanted eShop content downloaded and installed
-Backup of sysNAND that you want to move eShop content to
-Backup of emuNAND with eShop content (you will be overwriting this emuNAND to test your modified sysNAND before flashing it to your console. You can always write it back with emuNANDTool)
-File pack located below
-Hex Workshop

Guide:
Step 1: Make a backup of the sysNAND you want to add eShop content to. Store this somewhere safe.
Step 2: Make sure your emuNAND has the eShop content you want moved. Back this up with emuNANDTool. Store it somewhere safe.
Step 3: Copy the TOSD folder to your 3DS' BIG SD card.
Step 4: Install the DS Profile Exploit if needed. Follow the usual steps to get into 3DS_Multi_Decryptor.
Step 5: Choose the "NAND FAT16 XORPAD" Option
Step 6: Let the process finish, then power off your console
Step 7: Copy the newly created nand.fat16.xorpad file to your working directory.
Step 8: COPY your EMUNAND WITH ESHOP CONTENT to your working directory.
Step 9: Rename the previously mentioned emuNAND backup to emuNAND.bin.
Step 10: Drag the "emuNAND.bin" onto "dragNandDumpForFat16.bat"
Step 11: Let the process finish
Step 12: Double click "decrypt.bat". If you haven't renamed any files, this should spit out a file named emuNAND.bin.out
Step 13: Open up emuNAND.fat16.bin.out inside of WinImage.
Step 14: Navigate to the "dbs" folder.
Step 15: Copy the ticket.db file to your working directory/somewhere safe.
Step 16 (ONLY IF YOU'VE SYSTEM TRANSFERRED TO EMUNAND): Go back to the root of your emuNAND in WinImage. Navigate to the "private" folder. Copy the movable.sed file to your working directory/somewhere safe.
Step 17: Close winimage. Move "emuNAND.bin, emuNAND.fat16.bin, emuNAND.fat16.bin.out" to a backup folder, just in case.
Step 18: Copy the SYSNAND IMAGE YOU WANT TO MODIFY to your working directory. Rename this to emuNAND.bin. Follow steps 9-13 to get this image open in WinImage.
Step 19: Navigate to the "dbs" folder. Copy the previously extracted ticket.db to that folder, overwriting the old one.
Step 20 (ONLY IF YOU'VE SYSTEM TRANSFERRED TO EMUNAND): Navigate to the "private" folder. Copy the previously extracted "movable.sed" into that folder, overwriting the old one.
Step 21: Close WinImage.
Step 21.5: Rename "emuNAND.fat16.bin.out" to "test.bin"
Step 22: Open a command prompt window, CD to your working directory
Step 23: Paste the following command into the prompt "padxorer.exe test.bin nand.fat16.xorpad". Let the process finish.
Step 24: Open up "emuNAND.bin" and "test.bin.out" inside of Hex Workshop. Shrink the bar with '0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D..." so your workspace looks like this in BOTH FILES: http://i.imgur.com/kZOUWa0.png
Step 25: Go to your "emuNAND.bin" tab, and press CTRL+G to open the "goto" prompt
Step 25: Make sure the offset is "Hex", "From Where" is "Beginning of File", and paste "B930000" in the Offset box. Click ok
Step 26: Go to test.bin.out, Press CTRL+A to highlight everything and CTRL+C to copy all the data.
Step 27: Go back to emuNAND.bin, Highlight everything from the B930000 offset to the bottom of the file. Press CTRL+V to overwrite it with the content of test.bin.out.
Step 28: Inject the newly modified emuNAND.bin to your emuNAND. (If you did the System Transfer steps, it will take you to the 3DS' setup screen. Follow the steps.)
VERIFY THAT THIS BOOTS PROPERLY IN EMUNAND BEFORE FLASHING TO YOUR SYSNAND. IF IT DOESN'T, START THE PROCESS OVER AND DOUBLE CHECK YOUR DID THE STEPS IN HEX WORKSHOP PROPERLY.
Step 29: Double check that all your eShop content is showing up properly in the newly modified emuNAND.
Step 30: Power off your 3DS. Copy the newly modified emuNAND to your 3DS' BIG SD Card. Rename the file to NAND.bin.
Step 31: Boot into the GW menu holding "L". Scroll over to the "Downgrade Console" option, and select it while holding "up". Let the process finish and reboot your console.
Step 33: Pop your 3DS' big SD card back in your computer. Restore your ORIGINAL EMUNAND backup you made earlier.
Step 34: Congratulations! You should now have your emuNAND eShop content on sysNAND!

Attachments

• eShopMovingTools.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,475

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
If you copied them to the SD using the CFW, they should show up ready to be restored on the sysnand.
Problem: I created a linked CFW, installed BigBlueMenu and Four Swords, copied Four Swords to the SD card, copied the ticket.db to sysNAND (as per this tutorial), flashed sysNAND, and then copied Four Swords to sysNAND. All it does in the home menu is flash a blank icon for a second, and in DSiWare management, I get a blank title with a question mark for an icon. What have I done wrong?

I flashed back my old sysNAND backup, but I still don't understand why that happens.
Maybe because BigBlueMenu also got in the ticket.db? It did show up the first time I booted sysNAND.

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just an update, the resulting NAND with the new ticket.db was 10MB smaller than usual and resulted in a NAND.BIN error when I tried to flash it, most likely due to a failed size checksum.

After looking at a few posts in this thread, I took the following steps:

1. Injected the 'invalid' NAND into my emuNAND (which I made sure booted up fine).
2. Extracted the emuNAND, which now had the correct size.
3. Renamed emuNAND.bin to NAND.bin
4. Flashed the new NAND.bin to my 3DS, which resulted in a successful sysNAND boot with all my eShop content intact.

I assume there are others that have had the same issue. If you follow my steps, I take no responsibility for any bricked consoles.

EDIT: All of my eShop content works perfectly except Pokemon Shuffle, which results in a 3DS logo loop.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, importing games using this method via CFW is a no-go, since you need a "clean and legit" CIA dumped from a preinstalled version on a limited edition console.
However, if you follow the "ONLY IF YOU'VE SYSTEM TRANSFERRED TO EMUNAND" steps (which is just moving private/movable.sed), you are able to "relink" the emuNAND and sysNAND, and use your legit games on sysNAND that way. Please note that the sysNAND will be reset (you have to do the whole setup again, and install mset), but you will have your emuNAND's streetpass/mii data.
Also, this tutorial has to be done again when updating your ticket.db (buying a new game on eShop, for example).
For some reason, all my emuNANDs have the same ID, so this linked my system with all my emuNANDs.
My only title that works on sysNAND is 3d classics kid icarus, the others all tell me my SD card was removed.
BUT, it removed every single title (except DSiWare) on my emuNAND. (I don't care, I didn't have any important data anyway.)
BUT2, I got my DSiWare working on sysNAND.
I will try redownloading my titles later, and report back.
EDIT: Nevermind, the titles just moved (but I didn't notice, since I only use the first 4 tiles), since they also did in sysNAND. How does anyone deal with all your stuff being moved?

Soo, I redid this whole process...
This time, I just moved the ticket.db from emuNAND to sysNAND (not the moveable.sed!) even though they were unlinked (it's not like the ticket.db is encrypted, after decrypting the fat16 partition), and dumped it with entler's ticket.db dumper, and running a quick diff, I could see they were identical.
Now, I'll just create a linked CFW as a secondary emuNAND on my "legit" SD card, so I can dump software from my emuNAND and put it on sysNAND by installing it through that CFW. It's a bit of a hassle, but it's the most convenient and clean way I can find considering my setup.

Reactions: Arkansaw

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Regarding these steps, I didn't see 3DS multi decryptor in the files or in the requirements, does that mean I need to have at least CFW for this part of the guide?

Step 4: Install the DS Profile Exploit if needed. Follow the usual steps to get into 3DS_Multi_Decryptor.
Step 5: Choose the "NAND FAT16 XORPAD" Option
Step 6: Let the process finish, then power off your console
Step 7: Copy the newly created nand.fat16.xorpad file to your working directory.

Edit: also this...

Step 3: Copy the TOSD folder to your 3DS' BIG SD card.

Since it contains a launcher.dat is THATsupposed to go into the root? Without the folder itself?

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Can i move in SysNand, CIA warez installed in emunand with Gateway, and play it WITHOUT Gateway ?

It's stated in OP:
-AFAIK, THIS ONLY WORKS WITH ESHOP CONTENT DOWNLOADED ON THAT CONSOLE. NO YOUR DOWNLOADED CIA'S WILL NOT WORK IN SYSNAND WITH THIS METHOD.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldnt this be potentially useful to purchase the eshop version of oot on emunand then transfer it to your sysnand and then some how used savdatafiler to get the gateway sav into the eshop oot. itd be interesting if someones willing to figure this out n mess with stuff

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Couldnt this be potentially useful to purchase the eshop version of oot on emunand then transfer it to your sysnand and then some how used savdatafiler to get the gateway sav into the eshop oot. itd be interesting if someones willing to figure this out n mess with stuff
sure it would work if you get the save there - maybe the version on eshop would be the 'newer' version that apparently doesn't work or whatever, i don't know

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure it would work if you get the save there - maybe the version on eshop would be the 'newer' version that apparently doesn't work or whatever, i don't know

somebody released a fix for the versions that dont work. actually it was the OP lol although whos to say it would work with the eshop version that could be even more different for all I know.

as far as getting the save there you could use the gateway menu on old3ds to put the save on ur zelda cart.then boot ur old 3ds into palentines cfw and use savedatafiler to extract the save from the card. then put the filer folder from your old3ds cfw sdcard onto your new3ds sd card then boot into gateway mode with your legit oot cart. then use savedatafiler to put the hacked save into the eshop version of oot. then do all this fancy stuff to get it over to your sysnand. then try loading the exploit and see if it works. lol yeah...

Reactions: Margen67 and cearp

zero2exe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm having trouble keeping track of what file should I be using because of all the renaming involved so I would appreciate some clarification where I'm wrong.

1.- Get Nand.bin and Emunand.bin / Decrypt them both into emunand.fat16.bin.out, then copy emunand's "ticket.db" to replace the one at nand.bin (which should be renamed to emuNAND.bin by this point)
2.- Get the nand.fat16.xorpad with rxtools (seems to be the easiest way right now)
3.- Rename emunand.fat16.bin.out to test.bin then run the CMD command to apply the xorpad (?)
4.- Get to the Hex workshop and open emuNAND.bin and test.bin.out, then copy and overwrite the necessary values from test into emunand
5.- Test into emuNAND to see if it works, if it works the rename it to nand.bin anf flash it with gateway's launcher.

So my current doubts are:
- At number 3, the emunand.fat16.bin.out used is the one that was obtained from the emuNAND with the eshop content right?
- At number 4, the emuNAND.bin to open in the hex workshop is the NAND.bin that was renamed into emuNAND.bin?
- Is there any possibility for the final emuNAND.bin to brick your sysnand despite working fine on emuNAND?

polki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If someone wants to give up some time to put together a tutorial to (hopefully) get OoT onto a new3DS 9.2 I'll gladly try it out, it'd be so cool to have. Needing an o3DS and whatever else won't be a problem.
I've had some time and read heaps here and on google for a few days and hit some walls, xorpads is one. I understand most of what's what but I've not got much 3ds experience yet but got heaps in other scenes . I wont be surprised if we can't do it yet though.

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why i have only the letter "F" at the step where i have to open "test.bin" ?

I want to transfer the content of my sysnand 4.5 on the backup of my sysnand 8.1.
I already do this operation 5 times on my first 3ds but now i dont uderstand why i have F.

Edit: Ahaha owned by English

Edit2: don't work. I dont understand why.

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this be done in reverse on a N3DS? IE, I have a a 9.5 emunand that I want DLC/updates for a legit cart on, so I back it up, then flash it to sysnand, update to 9.6, go into eShop, buy my stuff, and then transfer to the backup emunand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.