Hacking movie playback in top screen bright purple on the bottom

quattro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
after successfuly convertig a video für nds playback, I noticed that the bottom screen was in brigth purple (magenta) the video playback was on the top screen.
it played well in the top-screen and the audio was also ok.
but this bright bottom screen was kind of annoying.

maybe there is a way to turn the backlight off oder at least make it black while there is a video playing?

I'm using a real with the gba expansion pack in slot2, the firmware version is 3.4

NeoGunKuruma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quattro said:
after successfuly convertig a video für nds playback, I noticed that the bottom screen was in brigth purple (magenta) the video playback was on the top screen.
it played well in the top-screen and the audio was also ok.
but this bright bottom screen was kind of annoying.

maybe there is a way to turn the backlight off oder at least make it black while there is a video playing?

I'm using a real with the gba expansion pack in slot2, the firmware version is 3.4

I assume your using the "built-in" media player on default settings for the video playback, correct?
Anyways, yeah, I had that issue too, but there's an easy way to remedy the issue.

1. select the video in the media player. Play the movie.
2.Press the START button on the DS 2 times.
3.press A
4.press down on the D-pad twice (so the words Top Screen are selected)
5 press A to resume the movie if you paused it.

that should solve the issue for you.
Also, the next firmware for the M3 (Sakura) has no pink screen while videos are playing, instead, a video control panel is there. So when it is non-beta (stable) you should be able to have no issues with video playback.

Hope this helped!

quattro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
your assumption is corrct
smile.gif

and your solution did work. thanks!

Site & Scene News