Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
SCEA’s John Koller has been speaking to Destructiod regarding the new PlayStation Move controller, explaining why he feels that it does what it does better than Natal.

"Move is better than Natal for a few reasons, but the biggest reason is what we call draw distance. What Natal has is very XY, you’re playing in this realm. So for games that are shooters, or golf, or sports, if you draw back away from their camera you lose precision.

We wanted a name that people could read at retail and understand what it is immediately, I think that there has been this idea of what motion control is, with what Wii has established, and we want to be very different.

The sphere that’s read by the camera, is very precise so every move you make, many feet beyond the camera, allows it to track. The fact that you can use the camera and the motion controller provides not only tactile experience, but the camera can pick up both audibly and visually."

As far as the name is concerned, the Sony man also explained how the company managed to come up with the name Move, rather than Arc or Gem,

"The name needs to connote that you are actually getting off of the couch instead of sitting there kind of moving a hand back and forth."

Koller also revealed information regarding the different colours of the controllers, saying that since up to four people can play at the same time, this will enable you to tell who is using which controller.

Finally he revealed that we can expect to see a lot more regarding Move come E3 in June, including a few announcements and more importantly the games.
Source.
unsure.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't make it any less of a plagiarism fail.

luke_c said:
QUOTE said:
As far as the name is concerned, the Sony man also explained how the company managed to come up with the name Move, rather than Arc or Gem
How much did that department get paid to come up with the name "Move"? I could've said that for free. Although, for them to come up with "Move" I guess it would've taken quite a bit of brainpower on their part.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think move will be quite different to natal since natal is mostly standing up... but i think with move you can sit down... remember when we all thought to play wii we needed to stand up? well we don't always. but with natal you usally do....

so kinda different

D

Deleted_171835

Natal is better than the Move.

The Move is just a shameless copy of the Wiimote+MotionPlus. The accuracy brings no added benefit over the Wii because if you add the MotionPlus to the WiiMote it becomes just as accurate. Natal does something new using your entire body as a controller. What interests me the most about Natal is that you can use any object as a tool to play the game. You can make a cardboard gun and use it as a AK-47 in a FPS.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:

The Move is just a shameless copy of the Wiimote+MotionPlus. The accuracy brings no added benefit over the Wii because if you add the MotionPlus to the WiiMote it becomes just as accurate. Natal does something new using your entire body as a controller. What interests me the most about Natal is that you can use any object as a tool to play the game. You can make a cardboard gun and use it as a AK-47 in a FPS.

You can grab a Wii Wheel for a racing game!

or can you?

Tell me one thing if Natal is better...how would you accelerate/brake? How would you fire your onboard missiles?
We still need buttons. Technology is not advanced enough to leave them behind. If anything saved the Wii, it was the buttons on the Wiimote.

D

Deleted_171835

Blebleman said:
SoulSnatcher said:

or can you?

Tell me one thing if Natal is better...how would you accelerate/brake? How would you fire your onboard missiles?
We still need buttons. Technology is not advanced enough to leave them behind. If anything saved the Wii, it was the buttons on the Wiimote.
The camera can see where you apply pressure (according to some site). You can draw a circle on a cardboard gun and apply pressure when you want to shoot. Microsoft could sell a 'gun' with buttons . Just because Natal is focused on full body control, that doesn't mean that they can't add buttons to certain peripherals.

Buttons on the Wiimote were a given. The Wiimote was the main controller so it had to have buttons for certain games. The 360 already has a main controller. Natal is just a secondary control.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
Blebleman said:
SoulSnatcher said:

or can you?

The camera can see where you apply pressure (according to trailer). You can draw a circle on a cardboard gun and apply pressure when you want to shoot. Microsoft could sell a 'gun' with buttons . Just because Natal is focused on full body control, that doesn't mean that they can't add buttons to certain peripherals.

Buttons on the Wiimote were a given. The Wiimote was the main controller so it had to have buttons for certain games. The 360 already has a main controller. Natal is just a secondary control.

Thanks for the heads up. If it's indeed true that the camera can detect our pressure input...that's some fearsome tech they've got going on. That would change my opinion of Natal completely. Because as of now....I feel it's the Eyetoy all over again. (Especially with the bad lag...Uncanny Valley-style.)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sony running their mouth yet again this time to m$ they act like they came up with the controller in the 1st place but it's Definitely a shameless ripoff. Especially considering their hypocrisy, how they attacked Nintendo over motion controls for years now. Motionplus does the same thing too, even 1:1 movement in a 3D space. Thing is that i don't think they've demoed ANY games that use this technology, it's just wasted potential that has already been done in REAL games by now. Go figure... It also still looks like a dildo!
laugh.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People always forget this for some reason. People make it seem like with Natal you can't be holding anything. Who's to say I can't play an FPS with my 360 controller and use Natal for certain motions etc. I'd love to be able to (if I wanted) play an FPS with my 360 controller but throw a grenade with a throwing motion ect. Stuff like that. I think if they can combine Natal with the 360 remote and not just rely on motion then it will be much better than Move.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my view, Sony has degenerated to that stupid little brat who is always running up to people and either kicking them, punching them, making faces, saying stupid shit, or whatever. Not at all threatening, but extremely childish and stupid looking. Gives a very bad impression of their company. Very unprofessional manner of running your business too. Wonder what happened there, all they can do lately is rip off other companies and try to spread bullshit about how much "better" it is. That is not for them to decide for one, it's for the consumers to decide.

It's like watching a little two year old boy throw a tantrum because he didn't get enough attention. I've babysat preschool children as a young teen and i know how children like that can act. Besides the big words Sony uses to try to look sophisticated, there's no difference between Sony lately and that little trouble-making preschool kid who throws random fits of jealousy and walks up to people to hit them for no reason. Quite a funny way to run a business... Not unheard of businesses to do that, but it never reflects well on them.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
Blebleman said:
SoulSnatcher said:

or can you?

The camera can see where you apply pressure (according to some site). You can draw a circle on a cardboard gun and apply pressure when you want to shoot. Microsoft could sell a 'gun' with buttons . Just because Natal is focused on full body control, that doesn't mean that they can't add buttons to certain peripherals.

So tell me how you will go about holding both?

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
as omgpwn said in the last post but i should say that sony fine tuned the idea and they accept that they copied it... sometimes leave aside "copying" issues bcz it still requires intelligence and a well-paid cast to produce such a thing
besides i bet many have requested sony to do something like this or they would have in the future... if wii and natal are there, why dont u guys do something... something like tht

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw