One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gallery_24102_883_1102.jpg

Tomorrow (March 6) North American Vita users are in for a treat -- MotorStorm RC will be available completely free of charge, courtesy of Toyota Scion. There's even a custom RC version of the Scion iQ, exclusive to the Vita version!

MotorStorm RC features 16 unique tracks spread across four extreme environments, including the dusty desert mesas of Monument Valley, the dangerous jungles of a Pacific Island, the icy tundra at the Arctic Edge, and the apocalyptic ruins of a destroyed urban city. Players can conquer these environments in powerful radio-controlled vehicles, with hundreds of uniquely customized models to collect in 8 distinct categories: Buggies, Superminis, Rally Cars, Muscle Cars, Racing Trucks, Supercars, Big Rigs and Monster Trucks.

MotorStorm RC will be available free for Vita for a limited time beginning with tomorrow's PlayStation Store update. The PS3 version will cost $9.99 (or $7.49 for PlayStation+ members).

:arrow: PlayStation.Blog

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably trying to play nice after taking down the psp game to block HBL. Im sure they will get plenty of people giving them shit for letting you buy it...then not letting you DL it.

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The European Toyota Aygo made it to NA? wow... but seriously, a game for free, nice! Plus a custom RC Scion with a very nice acceleration!

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
You can get this in any region by creating an account on PSN for that region and switching to it on your Vita.
Here is a guide to doing that:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/62042447

It works as I do it for JPN demos, not sure it'll work for full games as I believe they are signed to the individual account when purchased wheras demos are not.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i should be getting a ps3 (yet again for my birthday) so i'll give this a go if it's got online mutilplayer

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never been a fan of racing games, but with vitas screen it cant hurt to have a free racing game on it. Just hope it's not huge I still havent found a decent 32gig card for my vita, they need to make a microsd adapter like the duo ones

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It isn't really that good of a game, I was expecting something like Drift Mania for the Wii (which I really loved) but got something that doesn't feel like a racing game at all, most tracks are against not cars but arrows on the track for time trials. It's probably unfair to compare this to Drift Mania but Drift had a funny side to it too, the CPU would constantly do funny shit like failing, going to wrong way, getting knocked to the other side of the track, etc. while Motorstorm RC... hasn't.

God I want Drift Mania for Vita.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It isn't really that good of a game, I was expecting something like Drift Mania for the Wii (which I really loved) but got something that doesn't feel like a racing game at all, most tracks are against not cars but arrows on the track for time trials. It's probably unfair to compare this to Drift Mania but Drift had a funny side to it too, the CPU would constantly do funny shit like failing, going to wrong way, getting knocked to the other side of the track, etc. while Motorstorm RC... hasn't.

God I want Drift Mania for Vita.
No reason to complain when it's for free though. :tpi:

Unless it's really "poo bad", as in "poo is for free too, but you don't go around picking it up and playing with it" bad.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The game is so bad, Sony have to give it away!
There's the other angle to look at it.

"The new Toyota is so bad it needs to buy people games to convince them that the car won't fall apart in the first nanosecond of use".

Alternatively, angle number three:

"They're both so good/so bad that they just go together well".

Pick yer poison. :tpi:

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
The game is free because in Europe you buy it on either PS3 or Vita and get it free on the other system. This didn't happen in US so now they offer it free on one system so you buy it on the other to match Europe. Only you don't have to buy the other one which sucks a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea