PS1/2 Motorola Android

lilbro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use it to Jailbreak my PS3 do I need it again and is the effect on the phone permanent?

I was going to be able to use a phone temporarily and I wanted to Jailbreak my PS3 but I didn't want to mess the person's phone up and it would be pointless if I needed to constantly use the phone. After I install the files will I eve need" to use the phone again?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If it's anything like the HTC Dream method, it's simply replacing the recovery image with the jailbreak payload. To use it, you just need to boot the phone into recovery mode then follow the instructions. If you don't need the phone to jailbreak in future, you can always re-flash the default recovery image back onto the phone.

This method of jailbreaking has to be reapplied every time you turn on the PS3 (since it's what enables peek/poke mode for your PS3). If it's not your phone and you don't see them on a regular basis (e.g. every time you use your PS3), you'll want to find a different method.

If you wait patiently, custom firmware will be ready to use and make the jailbreak method redundant. If my understanding is right (I've not tried the current ones yet), you can just put the CFW onto any normal USB flash drive and run it (as a pseudo-update). If homebrew is your only goal, then you can go for the CFW that already exist. If you want to play backups too, then wait a little bit longer for fully functional backup loaders and CFW to be developed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*