Hacking Most repairs to DS lite

Mantis41

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave my DS lite to my now 5 and a half year old son about 18 months ago. Admittedly there were some cracks in the case hinges when I gave it to him. The current repair list since stands at:

2x complete shells - both replaced due to the right hand hinge breaking off completely.
1x touch screen - replaced as the original would no longer calibrate.
1x touch screen ribbon cable connector - the original broke when replacing the touch screen so I installed a modified version which is a lot stronger and easier to use.
grog.gif

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm right there with you..

My 11 year old is on her second one (although she takes very good care of hers), first one had a broken hinge. Replaced with a ebay pink/black unit.

My 7 year old is on his 3rd. One new white one until the hinge broke. Fixed with red and blue case, until the hinge broke. Bought new blue/black unit. Until hinge broke. Bought ebay ice blue unit. Until he poured pickle juice all over it. Just replaced motherboard and touch screen today..

My 5 year old is on her 2nd unit. Her first was a hand-me-down from her older sister, I replaced the lower case's broken hinge. It eventually completely fell apart, and I scavenged a franken-case to get her by. Just bought a red/black unit for her last night, used her left-over motherboard and screen to fix her brother's unit.

-Matthew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: