Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fixed inilink/YSM3.
Added m3 region check.
Added favlauncher_ms.

Added nds_backup_tool_memory.
This is another example of libcarddump (in nds_backup_tool_ftpd package).
You can backup ROMs using main memory.
You have to exchange DS cardstorage flashcart ceil(ROM size/2MB) times. (512MB ROM requires 256 exchanging!)

Added XenoFile; this goes to new thread.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++, the XenoFile is superbly awesome. I think I'm going to use this rather than DSO for my file operations now. Only bad part is that I can't swap the filter since my L/R buttons are broken xD.
The ROM backup might be a bit tedious xD (even an 8mb rom would take 4 swaps), but it is definitely usable for desperate people. Are you going to add the ability to back up the saves from commercial DS cards as well (possible maybe...or maybe not)?

I have no idea what "ms" in the favlauncher_ms stands for though, so I don't know what to do with that.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Xenon++, the XenoFile is superbly awesome. I think I'm going to use this rather than DSO for my file operations now. Only bad part is that I can't swap the filter since my L/R buttons are broken xD.
The ROM backup might be a bit tedious xD (even an 8mb rom would take 4 swaps), but it is definitely usable for desperate people. Are you going to add the ability to back up the saves from commercial DS cards as well (possible maybe...or maybe not)?

I have no idea what "ms" in the favlauncher_ms stands for though, so I don't know what to do with that.
1. 0.60a comes with default filter all, so if L/R are broken it is OK.
2. I tested nds_backup_tool_memory using R4 (ASMA), so 8 times swap(well this term is maybe more suitable than exchange xD) required. It was hard time... As for saves, possibly libcarddump doesn't support it...
3. favlauncher which uses MoonShellreset.

Fixed inilink for YSM3 didn't work

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rudolph loader/moonshell simply loader are now usable on ez.

inilink buggy support for DSTWO. Really buggy so n00bs should avoid it. DSEM won't support it...

#Actually EX4DS support was added but default.nds isn't working if it is commercial rom... bad.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
rudolph loader/moonshell simply loader are now usable on ez.

inilink buggy support for DSTWO. Really buggy so n00bs should avoid it. DSEM won't support it...

#Actually EX4DS support was added but default.nds isn't working if it is commercial rom... bad.
xD That explains why I wasn't able to boot anything with Xenofile before (was using my EZVi). It works great now =D.

A thought that just came to me while I was using the savbackup, do you think you could make a modified savbackup that updates the older files from either folder with newer files from the other? The reason for it is because at the moment, I'm using two savbackup.nds files for transferring my saves between the AK2i and EZVi folders since I merged my mSDs into one xD (it is totally survivable as it is at the moment though, so don't feel the need to modify it if you don't feel like it).

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it needs fixing timestamp?
I'll try using utime().

[edit]
It seems utime() isn't supported in devkitARM. I might be able to add it by using dirty hack, but...

[edit2]
utime() is a function to change file timestamp. In order to implement stable bidirectrical copying, I have to set (for the destination) the same timestamp as the source.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XenoFile/breaksplash MoonShell2 splash decoding is faster.
SavBackup destination now has the same timestamp as source.
You can change any file's timestamp using XenoFile.

I hacked libfat dirtily, so this is the first NDS homebrew which support changing timestamp.
As*****, libelm (used in WoodR*) supports changing timestamp...

jurassicplayer, your favor should be OK.
But I'm wondering why no one is going to answer questions such as http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=254885
Also... is XenoFile so bad? I think it is stabler than DSOrganize.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
But I'm wondering why no one is going to answer questions such as http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=254885
Also... is XenoFile so bad? I think it is stabler than DSOrganize.
I have no idea why nobody seems to do testing things on this forum (plus I don't think there are very many EX4DS users anyways). If I had one, I would have tried it (I asked the IRC if someone wanted to do the test, but I got no reply back).

Personally, I like Xenofile xD. It surprised me when it could move entire folders quickly (I moved the DSOrganize folder from root to the data folder) and it is fairly convenient for most of my file browsing needs, though I keep DSOrganize on because it can toggle the "hidden" attribute, but apart from that, I use xenofile for renaming, deleting, copy/cut, and booting homebrew since it does a better job than DSO (DSO sometimes screws up other files if there are too many in a directory). I have Xenofile as the default boot on the AK2i and I actually found the CRC32 check helpful in checking if it copied correctly (it incorrectly copied something once when I used the version that didn't have the rudolph loader).

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
But I'm wondering why no one is going to answer questions such as http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=254885I don't think too many people have the EX4DS.

Xenon++ said:
Also... is XenoFile so bad?To be honest... it's kind of ugly.
The bottom screen's Black text on White background is distracting.
It feels kind of awkward to use the top screen for navigation.
The crosspad is too sensitive, I try to move once and most of the time it jumps 2 twice.
The 'plain text' look is kind of small and less appealing than DSOrganize' Browser.

These are just MY opinions and I only offer them as suggestions, not complaints or criticisms.
Also, I can understand if it's just meant to be a quick file manager without a GUI.

QUOTE(Xenon++ @ Sep 17 2010, 08:20 PM)
I think it is stabler than DSOrganize.
I use 3.1129 and haven't had any problems.
Didn't have any problems with 3.2 either, though. But I know they exist.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
To be honest... it's kind of ugly.
The crosspad is too sensitive, I try to move once and most of the time it jumps 2 twice.
The 'plain text' look is kind of small and less appealing than DSOrganize' Browser.

These are just MY opinions and I only offer them as suggestions, not complaints or criticisms.
Also, I can understand if it's just meant to be a quick file manager without a GUI.

xD we came from two totally different sides. In terms of usefulness, I believe it is better than DSOrganize (at least what I used to use DSO for), I never took the GUI into account because it was meant to be dead simplistic so I just didn't mind it xD. On the plus side, its extremely versatile as a loader and debugging to an extent. I actually kind of like the sensitivity of the crosspad, but then again I may have just gotten used to it (I poke at stuff with Xenofile frequently just to see what happens xD).

Xenon++, I tried out the microSD swapping with my AK2i and EZVi. It works perfectly fine with the AK2i (as you have tested), but it doesn't seem to be able to recognize an EZVi. (On the other hand, the swapping ability is really neat xD). The updated savbackup looks like it is working nicely as well (at least I haven't seen anything get destroyed).

The new splash decoding is awesome xD. I think its playing my Nebula splash better than the EZVi is (some of the other splashs seem to even be going faster than they should be =D).

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
To be honest... it's kind of ugly.

1. OK so white text on black bg is better...
2. I think MoonShell 1.71 / YSMenu use top screen for navigation.
3. Well I should consider putting wait to enter repeat. Actually cross key is repeated by every 0.1s.
4. plain text handler is just MoonShell2 textedit frontend... I should consider something without textedit...
5. I agree that this is CUI application rather than GUI, though the control is interactive.

As for DSO, it once destroyed root of my TF before (could be recovered by chkdsk though) so I feel scared...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
1. OK so white text on black bg is better...
2. I think MoonShell 1.71 / YSMenu use top screen for navigation.I think if #1 is fixed (both screens using the same color background, #2 won't be an issue.

Xenon++ said:
3. Well I should consider putting wait to enter repeat. Actually cross key is repeated by every 0.1s.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Xenon++ @ Sep 18 2010, 12:51 AM)
4. plain text handler is just MoonShell2 textedit frontend... I should consider something without textedit...
Could you make it bigger?
Even a little bit would make it much easier to read.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
I keep DSOrganize on because it can toggle the "hidden" attribute

twiztidsinz said:
Xenon++ said:
1. OK so white text on black bg is better...I think if #1 is fixed (both screens using the same color background

QUOTE(Xenon++ @ Sep 18 2010, 12:51 AM)
biggrin.gif
0.63a will be fine.

>Even a little bit would make it much easier to read.
Very sorry but it is MoonShell thing, not mine...

xdragonfirex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jurassicplayer said:
If you just use the files from the WAIO thread, they all use .sav (and I believe they may still be hex editable for .nds.sav as well).

I know but I still want to build woodRPG by myself.
happy.gif

Hmm.. I meant to post that in the WAIO thread, I wonder how it got here. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...