Homebrew Moonshell2.0beta5(english)

should we boycott the m3 and perhaps even ban M3 news from GBAtemp?

• Yes Boycot and ban them for what they did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Boycot them

• Neither

• Total voters

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Im guessing junker_man32 is a dupe account of someone here...

Now that you mention it... I haven't seen you and junker_man32 in the same place at the same time... Joe88...
ph34r.gif

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
junker_man32 said:
lol. its like buying some software for 500 bucks then figuring out someone made the application and a company stole it. suks. I always knew m3 were bastards, first they copied off R4 (well everyone is now) now this, this moonshell was the moonshell i always hoped for, a new gui and stuff, i hope he releases the source code and we can continue his legacy, moonlight u are a god! oh and they threatend Rudolph for almost exploiting loading commercial games and hacking the Sakura, yeah. *snip
*snip
First the R4 team and M3 team worked together. Where did you get the thought that M3 stole Sakura? M3 contracted Moonlight to make Sakura and Moonlight was paid upfront. If he didn't find the money satisfactory then he should have stopped long before he started working on the project. Also "this new moonshell" which has a new GUI was based off Sakura, so in a way if the M3 Team had not employed Moonshell to work on Sakura, Moonshell 2 wouldn't be the same now as we know it. It probably wouldn't have the Sakura style, I'm pretty sure most other flashcart users are disgruntled by this because you got a taste of how good Sakura is and now you are angry because it has been discontinued. But I don't know Moonlight might go back to working with the M3 Team and release more updates for Moonshell 2. I'm also assuming you have an inferior cart to an M3 Real such as an R4 clone and that is why you hate M3 because you are jealous?

One thing I know and that is you should keep buying they're products, they are one of the best flashcarts around and they shouldn't goto waste. Think of the jobs which would be lost if you do that, especially in this financial crisis.

By the way, there is such a thing called "spell check" learn how to use it
smileipb2.png
Wow did you "junker_man32" read anything in this thread.

PettingZoo seriously jealous if people to be jealous they would have bought a m3 (aren't they like 25 bucks now?) and Really m3 sakuras nice but thats because Moonlight made it so perhaps you should care about Moonlight he made your fav firmware.

Not that many workers would be laid off and if your worried about there jobs Contract factories are all over asia and the flashcart clones we see are made in them too but you don't support them when they rip off other legitimate cart makers. so those people could become out of work just like moonlight. plus they would not go out of business just suffer on profits a bit from people on this English site not buying them Because most asian people wont see this site let alone read this thread so in the end we would just deliver a strong message not put them out of buissness because most of there customers are from asian markets where they can buy them at electronic store's. I think the protest seems morally ok since many people use these things to pirate games which makes game company's lose profit anyways. so in the end it would not put m3 under and people would not lose jobs but M3 might think twice about screwing dev's over again.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g6team said:
Hey Everyone,
Please note:

The gbatemp & gbatmw mentioned is not true .

We don’t know Japanese & we don’t communicate with moonlight directly .

All the communication is taken by our Japan agent (He sell our M3 in Japan) .

Before moonlight made the firmware of Sakura , our Japan agent who asked moonlight & paid the enough money to him than moonlight sign the agreement & help us to make the firmware .

We don’t know why he said it now …..

Maybe moonlight is not satisfied our work or something ….

We don’t know it.

Our Japan agent will try to understand it later.

Thank you for your attention.

ahaha, I don't really see the point of posting this message before you answer to your own customer first...

Maybe you should be telling why is M3 Sakura in English still not out yet?

and when it suppose to be out? AND please do not say "within a month" or w/e similar answer...

we want a "EXACT DATE"...

M3 Team/Gbalpha already breaking a lot of their promises, and now you want us to believe M3s are totally innocent on this...

perhaps you should do something more convincing next time like what Moonlight have brought to us...

before then, I stay on what I am seeing, and what I am thinking, and what my thoughts are...

---------------------------------------------------------

I know someone will definitely flame over me..

But HEY!!! This is the reality.... What make us trust M3 Team/GBAlpha if they have a stack of LIES on their history?

And please realize we are the customer...... not a pedestrian....

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
cracker said:
Weren't the R4 and m3 Simply a collaborative effort? Does anyone know for certain? I read this was the case but it's easy to get disinformation online.
tongue.gif
I've been speculating in this direction for quite a while, but unfortunately there's no proof to support this theory. Evidence is paper-thin.

To my knowledge there is no final proof that this is the case or not, but I'd be happy to be corrected. IMO it is very likely, though.

DatVietDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBR boot sector=8192 RD=16384 RE=0 Resize=32
Detect FAT32
Shell Fat foppn (I really don't know what that mean) Data=/MOONSHL2/LOGBUF.TXT

Anyone know how to fix this? It stuck here and does nothing else...

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vague Rant said:
Zarcon, I have that issue in 1.71 as well as Sakura/Moonshell 2, so I'm not sure exactly what the issue is. I have a Kingston 2GB (formatted with the Panasonic tool), so it shouldn't be a read speed problem, but that's the only thing I can think of.
QUOTE(wolfmanz51 @ Jan 20 2009, 09:09 PM) my mp3s play fine no studder at all. are they constant or variable? mine are 320KBs constant
and perhaps your SDcard has slow read speeds?
It can't be a read speed issue in my case since playback is perfect with 1.71.
The stuttering only occurs in 2 and Sakura.
Both constant and variable bitrates.
Although it's not as bad with the constant ones, just a quick hiccup within the first few seconds.

So it might partially be a read speed issue, but it doesn't change the fact that playback was perfect with 1.71.

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it just me, or do the songs constantly freeze? like when you play songs, it freezes, and if you set it on "random", once the song is finished, Moonshell completely freezes. It's pretty annoying. I'm sure it's not just moonshell2 since MoonShell1.71 freezes, too. Did I over pack my SD? It's a measley 1g. T_T'

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Platinum* said:
Is it just me, or do the songs constantly freeze? like when you play songs, it freezes, and if you set it on "random", once the song is finished, Moonshell completely freezes. It's pretty annoying. I'm sure it's not just moonshell2 since MoonShell1.71 freezes, too. Did I over pack my SD? It's a measley 1g. T_T'
The only time I've encountered songs freezing was on 1.71 and it was because it freaked out at the 1/4 symbol in one of my song titles.
But if it freezes with Moonshell2 too then uh...it might be cause for concern.

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Platinum* said:
never happens to me what files are you playing just mp3s? try formating your card

QUOTE(Ballistic @ Jan 21 2009, 05:59 PM) Is there any way to rid the skin of the annoying control info on the top screen? Thanks in advance.

-Ballistic
yes but you would have to remove the text from the translation file that tells it to display that I think that would work. also I could also make you a custom skin that would do that or you can do it yourself see the english version uses text for that the jap version uses an image so if you make a custom jap skin it will remove this

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, just tried it with the "jap" bat file. Works great. Love the new moonshell, although I miss good ol' touch screen seeking for MP3s and the previous controls. Oh wells, can't have it all can we.

EDIT: Oh another thing, how do I configure backlight level when in Moonshell? I'm all about saving battery since I take my DS on the road a lot. *hint hint* DSi WPA homebrews *hint hint*

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To adjust brightness in Moonshell2, hold down the L button and press the X or Y buttons.
All button controls are spelled out in Keymap_MS2b5_Eng.txt in the manuals folder.

Most common button commands also appear on the top screen if you use wolmanz51's translated version.

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back already! Just wanna ask if anyone got the "Random" mode to work while playing MP3s. Mine just played with normal loop with random selected. I have about 80 mp3 files if that helps. Thanks.

-Ballistic

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure it's just a disk space problem. One of my DS Games don't even work any more, and as I cleared some things off the SD, the song playability was better. Now, it actually goes to random songs instead of dieing after a song finishes. T_T

fcarasco

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
can someone help-me? My old moonshell was able to read .txt format, this "improved" beta5 isn't (great for reading while standing up in a bus..) If it matter, i use a R4 Revolution (NDSL/DNS) with a Kingsdon 1GB microSD. Still have over 400Mb. Sorry for posting it again...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu