Homebrew Moonshell2.0beta5(english)

should we boycott the m3 and perhaps even ban M3 news from GBAtemp?

• Yes Boycot and ban them for what they did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Boycot them

• Neither

• Total voters

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you change the skins?

Also if I delete those other damn programs how the hell do I get it to allow me to use moonshell or just get them off of the TTDS main page?

And what reset.mse should I use for ttds?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
Not meaning to fuel the fire or anything, but I can't help but think Moonshell 2 wouldn't even exist if M3 didn't tick off Moonlight...if that is the case anyway.

The heck am I talking about?

Well, the M3 team (or one of them if it's a case of multiple teams) would have to have paid Moonlight to make Sakura.
I don't know about you, but if I paid (or said I'd pay) for some custom software, I'd throw in an exclusivity clause somewhere in the work contract to be the only one who gets to use it.

So either...
1.) Moonlight started releasing beta's of Moonshell 2, clearly based on Sakura and breaking his end of the contract.
or
2.) M3 broke their end of the contract and Moonlight started work on Moonshell 2 in retaliation.

Of course, this is just speculation on my part.
But if any of it is partially true, the majority would, funnily enough, have to thank M3 for the existence of Moonshell 2.
Or aim your hate towards Moonlight if it's case 1 instead.

Anyway...

All this blind hate is rather depressing. By boycotting M3 and spreading hate you're hurting the innocent grunt workers for something that the brass would have been responsible for.
You're essentially justifying any form of blind hate otherwise you'd be a hypocrite.
But maybe that's just me.
this is actually plausible

and either or sound like they could be the reason

but anyway ranting without hearing both sides is just plain stupid
so everybody stop trolling, stop yelling down with m3 team, ban them from gbatemp (lulz) , give bad reviews on every web sites, and just about everything else that has been said

in these types of situations, whatever it might be
I see people always tend to take the side of the little guy or company
like the sony / lik-sang incident
of course people went to the side of lik-sang, and as usual didn't get all the facts
like the cease and desist notice's that were sent to stop selling PS3's to other countries (that didnt have a PS3 release yet), they ignored it and got got sued out the ass and closed just because they couldnt even pay for the court fee's
still people just didn't want to hear it

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
wolfmanz51 said:
BurlyEd said:
Thanks to Moonlight for writing and releasing moonshl and moonshl2
and thanks to wolfmanz51 for the adequate translation!
I just copied moonshl2.nds and moonshl2 (folder) to TF root on my EDGE.
This allows me to selectively use moonshl, moonshl2 and DSOrganize - Nice!

Except that I have to cycle power to exit moonshl2.
"reset.mse is still not working as it needs EDGE.nds file or something like that... " - Ein-kun
same here - I hope someone finds and posts a fix for this.

I have been "boycotting" (never buying or recommending again) M3 since my M3 slot 2 card proved to be an annoying waste of time and money, my M3 Simply's spring broke and my M3 Real fell apart in my hands. I got screwed 3 times by M3 and did not even get a kiss!

I think Moonlight should provide a "tip jar" button. I would throw in a few bucks.
I voted "Yes Boycot and ban M3" but only because "Tar and Feather" was not a choice.
mad.gif

grog.gif
lecture.gif
To use the Reset function you have to rename your flashcarts reset.mse form the old moonshell or your system folder to the name of your dldi adapter for example for a cyclo as included in this relese and its DLDI name is CEVO so you would rename it to "CEVO.nds" then place it in the "resetmse" folder located within the "moonshl2" folder

yup, kind of figured that out reading the txt file in the resetmse folder. but reset.mse packaged with the edge moonshl 1.71 doesn't seem to work right though even after being renamed EDGE.nds. it gives an error saying 'not support adapter type'... something is probably uncompatible with the current edge reset.mse and this version of moonshell...

there is a workaround, which i feel is pretty lame, but hey, it's the only alternative i've found so far to getting reset.mse to work if you're using moonshell2 on an edge:

press select and run accessory->morning timer 1.2
after the app loads, hit the START button to reset using the reset.mse
*note that the reset.mse can be placed anywhere on the card i believe

hope this helps, though i wouldn't personally use it unless you're afraid of your power on/off switch or something haha.

on the same note, maybe someone can shed some light on how reset.mse works; i mean i've tried renaming it as an nds and running it either from the the EDGE os direct as well as from DSOrganise (tried both types of DLDI autopatches, as well as disabling DLDI autopatching completely and running it) but all seem to give the same error 'not support adapter type'. the only loader i can find for the file is moonshell1.71... anybody has any ideas on how to get it running?

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks - I was ready to test my new EDGE.nds file, but continuing to use the power switch seems so simple now!

Edit: The "morning timer 1.2" workaround works! Thanks!
Renaming CEVO.nds to EDGE.nds did NOT work, but it let me see what it would look like on an EVO.
I think we should all wait for a proper EDGE.nds file to surface. Until then: +1 EVO, -1 EDGE.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
BurlyEd said:
Thanks - I was ready to test my new EDGE.nds file, but continuing to use the power switch seems so simple now!

grog.gif
lecture.gif
go ahead and test it, for all you know i may be the only one facing sure a problem cos i've hardly heard much on this edge reset.mse issue being posted around here... and if you get it working, i wouldn't mind finding out how you did it
tongue.gif

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've updated the main page new version has better instructions
wolfmanz51 said:
Hi I'm wolfmanz51,

Here is my second translation of the recent Beta5 of our beloved moonshell by moonlight unfortunately this could be the last release as sadly moonlight might stop due to recent events Thank you for Every thing Moonlight We LOVE you.

I have included a skin folder this time and my new skin "RED Reaction2" if you wish to use my new skin just place this folder in your moonshell 2 folder and follow the readme instructions. Also the tools should work properly now as I changed the file names. you can now make your own skins Have fun. Acekard users should be able to use this release right out of the box as check disk is disabled. last but not least my translation was improved. have fun

Moonshell2.0b5(english)2.7z(media fire)

Here are some pics from my new theme Red reaction
PSUB0.jpg

moonshell-1.jpg

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
xoinx said:
BurlyEd said:

grog.gif
lecture.gif
go ahead and test it, for all you know i may be the only one facing sure a problem cos i've hardly heard much on this edge reset.mse issue being posted around here... and if you get it working, i wouldn't mind finding out how you did it
tongue.gif
MoonShell2 uses complex system so the previous MSE structure does not work so To use the Reset function you have to rename your flashcarts reset.mse form the old moonshell or your flash cart system folder to the name of your dldi adapter for example for a cyclo as included in this relese and its DLDI name is CEVO so you would rename it to "CEVO.nds" then place it in the "resetmse" folder located within the "moonshl2" folder

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
wolfmanz51 said:
MoonShell2 uses complex system so the previous MSE structure does not work so To use the Reset function you have to rename your flashcarts reset.mse form the old moonshell or your flash cart system folder to the name of your dldi adapter for example for a cyclo as included in this relese and its DLDI name is CEVO so you would rename it to "CEVO.nds" then place it in the "resetmse" folder located within the "moonshl2" folder
Just copied my softreset.cevo to moonshell 2/resetmse, then renamed it ...and it works perfectly via Moonshell's start button dialogue. Cheers wolfmanz51.
yaynds.gif

Btw, In the screenshots you posted with the new red theme, I noticed you've somehow changed the colour of the screensaver clock's font. How did you do that? The pinkness of that rassin' frassin' clock is about the only thing I don't like about Moonshell2...

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
unz said:
wolfmanz51 said:
Just copied my softreset.cevo to moonshell 2/resetmse, then renamed it ...and it works perfectly via Moonshell's start button dialogue. Cheers wolfmanz51.
yaynds.gif

Btw, In the screenshots you posted with the new red theme, I noticed you've somehow changed the colour of the screensaver clock's font. How did you do that? The pinkness of that rassin' frassin' clock is about the only thing I don't like about Moonshell2...
use the Skin tools in the new release to make your own skin

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ah, okay. I was hoping there was something like an .ini file somewhere that I could tweak instead, like I did with the old Moonshell.
Oh well, if there's no lazy way...

Thanks again.

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unz said:
wolfmanz51 said:
yaynds.gif

Has anyone gotten this to work with M3? I get the "adapter not support" even with older versions of moonshell. I've actually never gotten it to work, so any help would be appreciated.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Searinox said:
I have an idea. Let's try bad publicity. Turn the
putthisinyoursigmx1.png
into a "FUCK YOU M3 TEAM ~from GBAtemp! Now back to Loading..." screen? XD
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!

That would only result in bad publicity for GBAtemp, and crew that hacked/translated Sakura..

Your idea is crappy if you ask me!
mad.gif

EDIT: and all of you should realize that you can't speak in behalf of GBAtemp, you're just members and GBAtemp IS NOT TAKING ANY SIDES IN THIS!!..
GBAtemp is not against M3 Team!

gangsterboi

Trophies
Website
www.europe-nintendo.com
XP
Country
Well said toni - Shadow hunter said it before me damb! I'm not really bothered by this all really. And this new moonshell doesn't seem all that. I prefer sakura. Don't shout at me for being this way. I don't understanding rudolph really. I wouldn't spend all this time creating a program that is going to make someone millions if there wasn't a legal contract that I could use to get my fair share. We don't even know the full story so I don't know why everyone is so fussed about it. I think I will take a vacation from gbatemp for a month and come back and see if there has been any development.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
poor moonlight. i know you guys will probably hate me for this but i have an M3 and i am using isakureal firmware which is sakura and i personaly love sakura its the best firmware for a flashcart ever and moonlight thank you for creating it.

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hey Everyone,
Please note:

The gbatemp & gbatmw mentioned is not true .

We don’t know Japanese & we don’t communicate with moonlight directly .

All the communication is taken by our Japan agent (He sell our M3 in Japan) .

Before moonlight made the firmware of Sakura , our Japan agent who asked moonlight & paid the enough money to him than moonlight sign the agreement & help us to make the firmware .

We don’t know why he said it now …..

Maybe moonlight is not satisfied our work or something ….

We don’t know it.

Our Japan agent will try to understand it later.

Thank you for your attention.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol