Homebrew Moonshell 2 FAQ, Guide and Index

D

Deleted-119707

hm, still nobody knows what car supply mode is? i still cant find out its function XD

env

Trophies
XP
Country
blazza08 said:
what do the names of all th pics have to be to make a skin eg top.bmp bottom.bmp ect...
Try to find the default skin sources, maybe in Moonshell 2.02 because ver 2.05 doesn't have the package.
rolleyes.gif
and don't forget to use the latest SkinTool if you're making a skin.

hm, if only somebody can make a "How to make a skin" guide it'll be nice.

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
hm, still nobody knows what car supply mode is? i still cant find out its function XD

Car Supply Mode is a battery saving option when your in a car, by changing the way its presses the buttons. In Moonshell 2.02 still has the different options separated from the INI file in later builds. Here is from directly from the file;

QUOTECopying this file into the "moonshl2" folder will set MoonShell 2 to Vehicle Mode.
Usage in conjunction with SwapDisp.txt is recommended.

- Switch Controls
Long: Forward Seek
Single + Long: Backward Seek
Single-Click: Mute (15% Volume Reduction)
Double-Click: Standby Mode (Auto-OFF after 10 minutes)
Triple-Click: Next Track

Also, closing the DS will shut off the power.

~Translated by Densetsu3000

And personally, I have a question; Is there any way to get Moonshell 2.0 (Any build.) to work on the Datel 4GB hard drive? I want to back up some movies on it, and I converted them with the Moonshell 2 DPG converter, so 1.71 wouldn't work. Do I have to formate the drive or do something else to get it working?

ShadowValentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having issues with MoonShell Ver 2.05 Stable, using a CycloDS Evolution with an 8gb MicroSDHC card.
When i boot it up using the "Media" button, it comes up with this:

[Top Screen]

MoonShell Ver 2.05 stable booting...

Extension memory was not found.

[Bottom Screen]

MoonShell Ver 2.05 stable
Jul 25 2009 01:46:39 GMT+09:00
ARM RVCT3.1 [Build 794]

Quick DiskCheck initiated.

Checking for duplicate clusters & fragments
progress... 0% 158 files

Then it hangs. What do i do?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, a double double posting o.0
@Liquidsnake1 : Pretty much I think you just extract the original moonshell2.05 and then move over the moonshl2 folder to your root, make an empty folder called moonshl (a dummy folder) still in the root, and then move over the _directboot_moonshl2.nds to the root as well. Then rename the _directboot_moonshl2.nds to moonshell.nds...At least, that is what the guide in the beginning of this thread says. (I don't have a cyclo so maybe I'm totally wrong...)

@Homebare : Music should continue playing even when the DS is closed since there are only three options for playback (shuffle, repeat one, repeat all). If you are talking about the music not coming out from the DS speakers while the DS is closed, then that is because Moonlight changed it to play from the audio jack when the DS is closed.

That reminds me, maybe we should all come up with some more FAQ questions to add to the FAQ section of the guide lol (Two questions doesn't really cover much ground).

env

Trophies
XP
Country
^Go to first page, you'll be glad if you do it
biggrin.gif
or wait for an update. So many new skins will be added I'm sure~

ShadowValentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowValentine said:
I'm having issues with MoonShell Ver 2.05 Stable, using a CycloDS Evolution with an 8gb MicroSDHC card.
When i boot it up using the "Media" button, it comes up with this:

[Top Screen]

MoonShell Ver 2.05 stable booting...

Extension memory was not found.

[Bottom Screen]

MoonShell Ver 2.05 stable
Jul 25 2009 01:46:39 GMT+09:00
ARM RVCT3.1 [Build 794]

Quick DiskCheck initiated.

Checking for duplicate clusters & fragments
progress... 0% 158 files

Then it hangs. What do i do?

Nobody can help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to... +1