Homebrew Moonshell 2 FAQ, Guide and Index

D

Deleted-119707

hm, still nobody knows what car supply mode is? i still cant find out its function XD

env

Trophies
XP
Country
blazza08 said:
what do the names of all th pics have to be to make a skin eg top.bmp bottom.bmp ect...
Try to find the default skin sources, maybe in Moonshell 2.02 because ver 2.05 doesn't have the package.
rolleyes.gif
and don't forget to use the latest SkinTool if you're making a skin.

hm, if only somebody can make a "How to make a skin" guide it'll be nice.

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicky041192 said:
hm, still nobody knows what car supply mode is? i still cant find out its function XD

Car Supply Mode is a battery saving option when your in a car, by changing the way its presses the buttons. In Moonshell 2.02 still has the different options separated from the INI file in later builds. Here is from directly from the file;

QUOTECopying this file into the "moonshl2" folder will set MoonShell 2 to Vehicle Mode.
Usage in conjunction with SwapDisp.txt is recommended.

- Switch Controls
Long: Forward Seek
Single + Long: Backward Seek
Single-Click: Mute (15% Volume Reduction)
Double-Click: Standby Mode (Auto-OFF after 10 minutes)
Triple-Click: Next Track

Also, closing the DS will shut off the power.

~Translated by Densetsu3000

And personally, I have a question; Is there any way to get Moonshell 2.0 (Any build.) to work on the Datel 4GB hard drive? I want to back up some movies on it, and I converted them with the Moonshell 2 DPG converter, so 1.71 wouldn't work. Do I have to formate the drive or do something else to get it working?

ShadowValentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having issues with MoonShell Ver 2.05 Stable, using a CycloDS Evolution with an 8gb MicroSDHC card.
When i boot it up using the "Media" button, it comes up with this:

[Top Screen]

MoonShell Ver 2.05 stable booting...

Extension memory was not found.

[Bottom Screen]

MoonShell Ver 2.05 stable
Jul 25 2009 01:46:39 GMT+09:00
ARM RVCT3.1 [Build 794]

Quick DiskCheck initiated.

Checking for duplicate clusters & fragments
progress... 0% 158 files

Then it hangs. What do i do?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, a double double posting o.0
@Liquidsnake1 : Pretty much I think you just extract the original moonshell2.05 and then move over the moonshl2 folder to your root, make an empty folder called moonshl (a dummy folder) still in the root, and then move over the _directboot_moonshl2.nds to the root as well. Then rename the _directboot_moonshl2.nds to moonshell.nds...At least, that is what the guide in the beginning of this thread says. (I don't have a cyclo so maybe I'm totally wrong...)

@Homebare : Music should continue playing even when the DS is closed since there are only three options for playback (shuffle, repeat one, repeat all). If you are talking about the music not coming out from the DS speakers while the DS is closed, then that is because Moonlight changed it to play from the audio jack when the DS is closed.

That reminds me, maybe we should all come up with some more FAQ questions to add to the FAQ section of the guide lol (Two questions doesn't really cover much ground).

env

Trophies
XP
Country
^Go to first page, you'll be glad if you do it
biggrin.gif
or wait for an update. So many new skins will be added I'm sure~

ShadowValentine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowValentine said:
I'm having issues with MoonShell Ver 2.05 Stable, using a CycloDS Evolution with an 8gb MicroSDHC card.
When i boot it up using the "Media" button, it comes up with this:

[Top Screen]

MoonShell Ver 2.05 stable booting...

Extension memory was not found.

[Bottom Screen]

MoonShell Ver 2.05 stable
Jul 25 2009 01:46:39 GMT+09:00
ARM RVCT3.1 [Build 794]

Quick DiskCheck initiated.

Checking for duplicate clusters & fragments
progress... 0% 158 files

Then it hangs. What do i do?

Nobody can help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: New south park was not really that funny.