Homebrew RELEASE Moonlight-Switch - Nvidia Game Stream client

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I know Sunshine exists, but I've never used it. How is the latency and image quality compared to Moonlight?
no matter good how host app is, the problem in moonlight switch homebrew that cannot access nvidia decoder under HOS
so all decode processed by cpu which is makes unplayable (high latency & lag with mediocore visual quality) and dont forget swith has bad wifi. if you want perfect portable device streamer, use ipad mini 6

gouki99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
no matter good how host app is, the problem in moonlight switch homebrew that cannot access nvidia decoder under HOS
so all decode processed by cpu which is makes unplayable (high latency & lag with mediocore visual quality) and dont forget swith has bad wifi. if you want perfect portable device streamer, use ipad mini 6

Huh. I'm getting great picture quality and basically 1:1 input latency unless I'm sitting too far from my router. Way better than with Steam Link app through Android.

Knox-fr

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can someone give a guide how to setup sunshine for streaming games to the moonlight switch app?
I tried setting it up and with the default settings the inputs through the joy-cons were not recognized, there was no sound and the latency was pretty bad... (there was a message on screen saying that the "connection is poor").

At the same time I have zero problems when using GeForce Experience.
I have same configuration. Stream my PC with AMD GPU using sunshine, to the switch moonlight app.
I am not getting any problème with controls, but I have same issue as you concerning the sound and overall lagy and too much latency.
I will try to change different settings, if something work better I will keep you informed.

In the mean time if someone can help us, it would be really nice.

Regards.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It does work of FW 16.
For some reason when playing Diablo IV (which supports controllers) when I use this moonlight app. the controls on the joycons dont seem to do anything :(

gouki99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It does work of FW 16.
For some reason when playing Diablo IV (which supports controllers) when I use this moonlight app. the controls on the joycons dont seem to do anything :(

The joycons work just fine for me with Diablo IV. Did you add the game manually to your available games? Try unplugging or disabling all your PC controllers before launching the game in Moonlight.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The joycons work just fine for me with Diablo IV. Did you add the game manually to your available games? Try unplugging or disabling all your PC controllers before launching the game in Moonlight.
Hmm i rebooted and it seems to work now. I use mstsc.exe for streaming. thanks! enjoye diablo my friend

Reactions: gouki99

dmg5596

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of my controllers do anything while streaming. Touchscreen works but my joycons/controller doesn't work. Any idea on how to fix this?

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downloaded 1.2.0 to my switch still running 16.0.3/1.5.4, getting the dreaded bad connection error. I even dropped the fps to 30 and used a lower bit rate just to try and get things working. I have a beastly nvidia based gaming pc and a router running 3rd party software that handles vr over wifi no problem, this program is toast.

I see skyNX but it requires server software. Can't locate anything else that does gamestream or steamdeck. :/

DammitDonnie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this still being updated? Works on 16.1.0?
downloaded 1.2.0 to my switch still running 16.0.3/1.5.4, getting the dreaded bad connection error. I even dropped the fps to 30 and used a lower bit rate just to try and get things working. I have a beastly nvidia based gaming pc and a router running 3rd party software that handles vr over wifi no problem, this program is toast.

I see skyNX but it requires server software. Can't locate anything else that does gamestream or steamdeck. :/
Hmmm it seems to be running fine for me, my switch is running 16.1.0/1.5.5 so maybe you just need to update? At least to 16.1.0 (not 17 for now). I also am hosting on my pretty basic gaming laptop and the included router with Spectrum internet, so nothing fancy... to be honest Moonlight only started working for me when I updated it to v0.13.3 though so maybe check that everything is up to date, hope this helps!

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running 16 something at the moment. I have big doubts that would be an issue, again the software has not seen an update in years. Saying you still use it is also disheartening, it seems when it was out back in the day it either worked or didn't for people. Seems that has not changed. Forever trash software. :(

jackazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you Xitrix for all your work, Moonlight Switch works like a charm (FW 17.0.0 - release 0.13.4). With the latest h265 codec implementation is even better. Really once again a powerful thank you for this great piece of homebrew software.

The latest sunshine + moonlight releases on pc actually and finally support gyro, which is great news. I downloaded your latest release (0.13.4) and configured the controller inside sunshine to be recognized as Dual Shock 4 and it works: even inside steam big picture, the Joycons are recognized as DS4. One step forward, but still no gyro. Can we expect it to be implemented on your next releases? This would really make our switches the best and definitive handheld streaming devices 😊 it would be so cool.

Thank you so much!!

Reactions: hazort

Slash1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I try using Moonlight (Xitrix's version) on Switch, I keep getting crashes when starting moonlight homebrew app or when streaming. I notice that after moonlight crashes, the nintendo switch overlay menu (the one that appears when you long-press the home/power button) becomes really laggy. I've been using moonlight for about 6 months now (was and still having this issue), and just decided to weed out the reason for why it's happening now. Any thoughts?

(I'm using moonlight on title redirection/full ram access)

but it's fine on applet mode

Herculeex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Epic update!! Can people comment their bitrate settings and what they changed for optimal stream Im super smooth and steady but Ill go into random moments where I get bad connection for 5 seconds then I get DCed and when i reconnect ill be right bac where i was at lol. Trying to get my settings working for long sessions

jackazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Epic update!! Can people comment their bitrate settings and what they changed for optimal stream Im super smooth and steady but Ill go into random moments where I get bad connection for 5 seconds then I get DCed and when i reconnect ill be right bac where i was at lol. Trying to get my settings working for long sessions
Personally, I found my sweet bitrate spot between 7.0-10.0. Higher values feel laggy and clunky. I feel the bottleneck here is the switch itself in HOS mode.

I’ve got a 100mbps fiber line. I play with 60fps, 720p (mostly handheld), h264 and 7.0 bitrate.

Gyro feels like a good addition but must be tweaked into steam settings. Sensitivity is so low right now (hope will be fixed next) you gotta set the steam input gyro sensitivity to almost the maximum value available.

Pro controller gyro has a drifting issue when docked. No drift in gyro handheld mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok