1. ejdme

ejdme Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    The latest version of GeForce Experience (I'm on 3.22.0.32) seems to break Moonlight-NX. All I'm getting when I try to connect is "Failed to start stream"

2. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Vietnam
    Same. Does lower version work?

3. ejdme

ejdme Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Moonlight-NX works just fine after uninstalling and reverting to GeForce Experience 3.21, but it auto-updates itself back to 3.22.

4. Beckershoff

Beckershoff Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Yup, btw the qt version just received an update with a fix for this issue last week. Hopefully this version will also soon get an update with these changes.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

PS best way for now is blocking the update by adding these 2 lines to your DNS settings:

127.0.0.1 international-gfe.download.nvidia.com
    127.0.0.1 gfwsl.geforce.com

I am not certain btw Nvidia is having more domain names..

hippy dave likes this.
  5. silvershadow

silvershadow GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    damn, i was looking forward to trying out moonlight again with my switch (it worked last year but i never had a chance to play it).

the error in my log is: Failed: STAGE_RTSP_HANDSHAKE

im guessing moonlight needs to get updated to support the latest GFE.

6. rock88

OP rock88 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Hi! I updated moonlight-common-c for GFE 3.22 support and made a new release (but I can't upload binary to github because always got 'Something went really wrong, and we can’t process that file.' error, will try upload tomorrow. Anyway you can download new binary from attachment or github actions, just select last success build and download artifacts, require github login for artifacts link appear).

All changelog:
    • UI fixes and improvements;
    • Wake Up on Lan feature;
    • Find Host PC feature;
    • HID keyboard/mouse support.
    Please note - in the this release keyboard combos was changes, new combos:
    1. Minus+Plus - Guide button;
    2. ZL+ZR+Up - Exit from stream (without closing current app);
    3. ZL+ZR+Down - Exit from stream (and close current app);
    4. ZL+ZR+Left - Show/hide video decoder/render stats;
    5. L+R+Up - ESC key;
    6. L+R+Down - Win key;
    7. L+R+Left - Alt+Enter (for enable/disable fullscreen mode in some games or emulators);
    8. L+R+Right - Shift+Tab (for open/close Steam overlay).

Attached Files:

7. mathew77

mathew77 Lovin' life.

Kazakhstan
    Thank you for the new release!..

Btw does it support new OFW 12.0.0 / AMS M.19.1?

8. rock88

Newcomer

Russia
    Not tested (I'm on a 11.0.1/0.18.1). On the weekend I will try to update all and check compatibility (maybe needs update libnx and some others 3rd-party libraries).

mathew77 likes this.
  9. GibzyGibza

GibzyGibza Newbie
    Newcomer

Thailand
    Latest version can't find my host pc.
    I'm on a 11.0.1/0.18.1

10. rock88

Newcomer

Russia
    Tested 1.2.0 version on a 12.0.0/0.19.0 about hour in Dolphin/RPCS3 - work properly.

You use Find Host PC feature or by manually add ip address? Also PC and Switch should be in same WiFi network (if you have two diapason WiFi network, 2.4/5GHz for example, and PC connected to 2.4 and Switch to 5 this won't work).
    Find Host PC feature look over all ip addresses based on a Switch ip, i.e. if Switch ip is 192.168.1.10, so your PC ip should be in diapason from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.255. In my case is very useful because my PC has a dynamic ip address and changes time to time from 192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.7 or any of 192.168.1.X.
    I'm use last number because look over 3rd/2rd number mean evaluate 255ˆ2 or 255ˆ3 possible addresses - this process would take lots of time.

linuxares and mathew77 like this.
  11. mss1988

mss1988 Member
    Newcomer

France
  12. GibzyGibza

GibzyGibza Newbie
    Newcomer

Thailand
    It work. Maybe it becoz i port forward to play outside my home after i add my public address it can connect to my host pc.

13. Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2 GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    Thnx for the mouse update. Hope Age of wonders 3 etc. will be playable like this :D
    How annoying is it that, in due time this plugin will be unusable if nvidia keeps changing stuff in their gamestream. Needing for a new update from this plugin creator..
    I mean at some point he might stop and then you'd have to hope you can scrounge some old GFE version.

Last edited by Chrisssj2, Apr 21, 2021
  14. aotv116

aotv116 Newbie
    Newcomer

Vietnam
    Hi, the lastest version can't find my host and when i add the correct host, it crashes. I'm sure that i did everything right (using the same wifi, switch on the GameStream,...). My Atmosphere is 0.19.1
    And do you have a Discord? So that we can discuss quickly and easier

15. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    Please don't. I would also like the answer here incase others or even myself get the same error. That's the beauty of a forum. The information stays.

16. aotv116

aotv116 Newbie
    Newcomer

Vietnam
    ok, so do you have the solution yet?

17. Zixou

Zixou Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    The new version is ok for me, but the game don't close properly. Only exit apliccation without closing game. I'm using correct commands ( in the new version is ZL+ZR + Down)

Anyone else having same problem?

18. silvershadow

silvershadow GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I am on atmosphere 0.19.1 and 12.0.1. erista v1 switch.
    the latest version of moonlight works perfectly.

sometimes i get a random crash or audio desync, but i just shut it down, and connect back, (happened one time during each play session..i had about 3 sessions) and it works good again. probably about 3 hours of playing kingdom hearts 1 (the recentish PC release) (in three different sit downs..basically an hour each time).

Thank you rock88! "you rock!" lol.

i didn't experiment to see if it's already possible, but if its not already implemented, it would be nice if i can map any keyboard button to any button combination of my choice, but its not a need, just a "would like".

my use case that im not ashamed to share: some games need extra keyboard buttons along with the gamepad.
    my real use case: im using a trainer that requires you to press numberpad buttons to activate certain things as well as ctrl+numberpad buttons for a few extra things. so i would like to disable some of the existing shortcuts that i dont personally use, and set it to my own buttons.

19. Atmospereasitis

Newcomer

Barbados
    Switch V2
    12.0.0 | KEF522-0/19.1|E
    AMT 0.19.-1
    moonlight 1.2.0

i.piccy.info/i9/0e2b5eac1790293cab494c98a86bebe0/1619851845/73809/1427340/photo_2021_05_01_09_49_22.jpg

When I try to connect my PC the system constantly crashes

fix it, please

20. MultiKoopa

MultiKoopa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This seems to work really well for me. I've got a 5 GHZ wifi router, desktop with GTX 1070 connected to ethernet, overclocking my Switch connected to 5 GHZ wifi. I've lowered to 6 mbps video and 720p60 (it's Kingdom Hearts, nothing fancy needed); not much latency or input delay/lag. thanks a lot for this! :D

here's maybe a silly unrelated question

say I know somebody with an AMD graphics card. Is there any way to do something like this? Maybe something with Parsec?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Moonlight, Nvidia, Stream