base 37 = Works
base 38 = Freeze After Selecting Begin Game
base 57 = Freeze After Selecting Begin Game
NeoGamma R8 RC1 and latest beta
So there are 2 game they do not rely work good with ios56 as base:

Karaoke Revolution
Monster Hunter Tri

isnt it?
MHT doesn't work really good with IOS56 in my opinion. IOS37 works better.
Whats the real difference? If there is a one, in your test, what happened when using each one?

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IOS56 - More mini-lags / choppy gameplay.
IOS37 - Rarely any lags. 1 second lag in Area 8 D. Island.

Thats all basically so far.

marquesduarte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kryptical said:

Yes....But you are using USB or Disc loading?
I'm using a disc, so there is no difference

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
marquesduarte said:
Kryptical said:

Yes....But you are using USB or Disc loading?
I'm using a disc, so there is no difference
USB loading for me.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have played over 15 hours of MHT on rev20 base 56, with no lag and load times just as fast as other IOS's I've used. I have been using WiiFlow 2.1r117 with r20 base 56 installed as IOS 250.

haiggoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So your Version of Wiiflow is older than IOS56 itself (back then when r25 came out IOS56 did not even exist yet afaik). So maybe that's the reason for the problems you have... Would you please try MH3 on base 56 with the most recent version of Wiiflow (or with the Configurable USB-Loader?)

I think it might be pretty important!

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure as the newest WiiFlow doesn't work well IMO thats why I didn't upgrade. I'll stick to IOS37 for now and let others test it out.

As I posted before, IOS56 already existed when it was version 4890. IOS56 v5146 came when SMG2 or Beatles Rock Band game came out.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Kryptical said:
I'm not sure as the newest WiiFlow doesn't work well IMO thats why I didn't upgrade. I'll stick to IOS37 for now and let others test it out.

As I posted before, IOS56 already existed when it was version 4890. IOS56 v5146 came when SMG2 or Beatles Rock Band game came out.
MB you should try wiiflow r122 efore making that assumptiion that it doesnt work very well. there are many problems fixed since r25 including memory issues.

Anyways wiiflow and most loaders dont use the new modules for cio20 yet so this is basically not gonna return very valid results by posting what loader you are using atm.

Clipper's tests are probably the most valid in this whole topic.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mugotu said:
Kryptical said:

MB you should try wiiflow r122 efore making that assumptiion that it doesnt work very well. there are many problems fixed since r25 including memory issues.

Anyways wiiflow and most loaders dont use the new modules for cio20 yet so this is basically not gonna return very valid results by posting what loader you are using atm.

Clipper's tests are probably the most valid in this whole topic.
No, I already tried. I also updated to R117 (or something) and it also doesn't work well. Some of the settings are overlapped and I can't click the arrows below the overlapping setting. I will be sticking with R25 as it works the best for me.

haiggoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
hermes v4 37 merge 38 installed to 222...

It is one IOS that has played everything I have thrown at it!

I agree, that one has been the best so far. But it would be nice to see Waninkoko's cIOS rev21 with base 56 replacing it in future, because that it offers faster loading times. But first base 56 has to prove whether it can replace Hermes (as far as compatibility goes) or not.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
With IOS56, SDHC works and USB mic works, but if you're playing a game like Rock Band 3, the slight lag makes you miss bars when they come down. It's annoying.

Using IOS37, RB3 plays great no lag. But no SDHC support.

So I guess it's either lag with SDHC or no lag without SDHC?

Any fix for the lag in IOS56?

UPDATE: It only lags when you play a song on the card, I just played 2 songs in the game there is no lag, but if you play songs on the sd card, it lags after a few notes. Very annoying.

chonka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive gone back to hermes v4 37 merge 38 myself. I found cIOS rev20b was stuffing up controls in games, like when you needed to hold a button in it wasnt registering the HOLD.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
justmike said:
With IOS56, SDHC works and USB mic works, but if you're playing a game like Rock Band 3, the slight lag makes you miss bars when they come down. It's annoying.

Using IOS37, RB3 plays great no lag. But no SDHC support.

So I guess it's either lag with SDHC or no lag without SDHC?

Any fix for the lag in IOS56?

UPDATE: It only lags when you play a song on the card, I just played 2 songs in the game there is no lag, but if you play songs on the sd card, it lags after a few notes. Very annoying.

Which class is your sdhc card? If it's class 6 or higher, i expect it to be faster than a sd card -> it shouldn't lag. Well how fast is the card you tried with IOS56?

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WiiPower said:
Which class is your sdhc card? If it's class 6 or higher, i expect it to be faster than a sd card -> it shouldn't lag. Well how fast is the card you tried with IOS56?

Actually, the card I'm using isn't a sdhc. It's this
kingston-2gb-micro-sd-card.gif
(my 8 gb micro is considered a class 2, so this could be less). I should try my 8 gb micro sd card that looks like this
sandisk-micro-sd-8gb.gif
that is considered a Class 2, but they all go into a sd card adapter. Would you suggest I buy an 16gb sdhc card that is class 6 or higher and see the results?

I was playing GH 5 just now and I noticed the frame rate sometimes skips, not often, but you miss a note.

Sometimes it plays well. I haven't noticed this yet with ISO37, I will play more later.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You do know it copies the song onto the NAND memory, right? The SD card isn't even being used when you're playing.
Besides SDHC the only main difference between IOS37 and IOS56 is the option to use larger network buffers.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How about putting the sd module from IOS56 into IOS37? That might get you sdhc compatiblity while not changing too much else.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
tueidj said:
You do know it copies the song onto the NAND memory, right? The SD card isn't even being used when you're playing.
Besides SDHC the only main difference between IOS37 and IOS56 is the option to use larger network buffers.

Yeah, I know, but was trying to point at a possible problem and realised it can't be the SD card anymore. The reason why I thought that was because only the DLC would lag on iso56 and not the songs that are 'in game', so I thought SD card. I'm convinced it has something to do with iso56 though, as I was playing it yesterday for 4 hours using rev20 hermes v5.1 223-m on iso37 and worked without lag at all. I played only DLC and no lag.

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Nov 2 2010, 05:28 AM) How about putting the sd module from IOS56 into IOS37? That might get you sdhc compatiblity while not changing too much else.

Not sure how to do that, but don't know how that would work. I like the idea, but what gets me is that some people say it doesn't happen to them. Which confuses me. Maybe they don't notice. Maybe.
glare.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!