infernodemon2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
infernodemon2005 said:
i know it's a little off topic, but can anyone do a test on arc rise fantasia and it's freeze area in the second town with base 56? I also asked this in the release thread since i wasn't sure where to ask.
I tried it with GX r927 and base56, it past the freeze. (And GX doesn't report any wbfs error, unlike with rev19)
I tried it only once though, I need to test it more because it seems to freeze randomly with base38, I don't want to say base56 works if it's just a lucky try
For people wanting to try themselves, here is a savegame (manager GX format) right before the freeze. (you have to talk to the General and come back to help the guy at the entrance. If the battle start after the cut scene it's working fine).

Edit : Tested 2 times successfully !
Base 56 is the best for everything
tongue.gif

And I noticed the loading speed too, wasn't sure it if was me imagining, thanks for the speed test that confirmed it.
tHX FOR THE TESTING. i WILL CHANGE MY INSTALLATION TO 249 BASE56 AFTER READING THIS... i AM HAPPY TO HEAR EVERYTHING IS WORKING PERFECTLY.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wiiluver135 said:
if anyone cares aout the Conduit and how to fix the "freezing streets glitch" and have wiispeak support use this methond http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=236874&hl=
So yeah for me the best two cIOS are
IOS249 base IOS56 and IOS250 base IOS37 for TC and other Wiispeak games I guess...
MH3 is a Wiispeak game and it works with cIOS249 with IOS56 base. I'll test TC and see if it works for me.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A couple questions: does DLC work for music games on base IOS 56? And does it get past the end-of-the-song freeze?
smile.gif

EDIT: nevermind...I tried it myself.

For those interested:
DLC works, but the imported songs from rawkSD give the "out of date error" (unlike rev19, base IOS 37).
...and it proceeds to next songs just fine.

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
So, can someone sum this up please? These threads get really cluttered really fast.

IOS249 base IOS56 and IOS250 base IOS37 - Is that it? Or should we use alot of other installs too?

Right now I have:

cIOS248 base IOS38
cIOS249 base IOS57
cIOS250 base IOS37

Apart from cIOS249/IOS56 is that correct?

haiggoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, to sum it up:

As far as we know IOS56 seems to be a perfect replacement for anything else.

It's recommended to install base IOS56 as a cIOS in slot 249 and you're done. No other bases needed, no additional slots, no need for Hermes cIOS either.

If you want DVD playback on WiiMC you should install cIOS202 though. (which you can get on the official www.wiimc.org website)

But as far as backup loading is concerned Waninkokos cIOS with IOS56 as base installed in slot 249 should be all you need.

PS: My suggestion is to keep rev19 for the moment as rev20 seems to have some bugs. rev21 will have those fixed so better wait for it!
rev19 already offered IOS56 as base IOS, didn't it? So there would be no need to use rev 20.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Muyfa666 said:
So, can someone sum this up please? These threads get really cluttered really fast.

IOS249 base IOS56 and IOS250 base IOS37 - Is that it? Or should we use alot of other installs too?

Right now I have:

cIOS248 base IOS38
cIOS249 base IOS57
cIOS250 base IOS37

Apart from cIOS249/IOS56 is that correct?

It depends on what YOU want. Those are just settings that work good for other people.

I have mine like this:

cIOS248 - IOS38
cIOS249 - IOS56
cIOS250 - IOS57

haiggoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@muyfa666:
QUOTE said:
IOS37 is basically like IOS56 except IOS56 is faster and might have more compatibility.
...which we have found out in the last two days only and was not known before. Formerly you had to use 37 for this purpose and a lot of people don't know yet how awesome IOS56 actually is. That is why so many people still keep talking about IOS37 even though it's obviously not needed anymore.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could somebody please confirm these 2 results, i think they are pretty important:

LocoRoco said:
MH3
base 56 = Works
base 37 = Works
base 38 = Black Screen After Selecting Begin Game
base 57 = Black Screen After Selecting Begin Game

Karaoke Revolution
base 56 = Loads up..Doesn't recognize the mic
base37 = Works
base 38 = Works
base 57 = Loads up..Doesn't recognize the mic

CFG + Fat32

So base IOS56 fails for Karaoke Revolution + mic?

From the Configurable USB Loader thread:
QUOTE(Chebico @ Aug 2 2010, 02:05 PM) I was reading the other thread where people were saying base 56 is the best for rev20.
I was using base 57 and CFG58a and everything was sweet.. so i installed 249 with a base on 56 and CFG wouldn't find my hard drive.
I reinstalled base 57 and everythings fine again.. strange!.. first problem i've ever had!

Installed 56 to 250 instead, and ran the games using 250 and they worked.. so i dunno whats up there?!

So base IOS57 is able to detect HDDs which base IOS56 cant't?

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
Could somebody please confirm these 2 results, i think they are pretty important:

LocoRoco said:
MH3
base 56 = Works
base 37 = Works
base 38 = Black Screen After Selecting Begin Game
base 57 = Black Screen After Selecting Begin Game

Karaoke Revolution
base 56 = Loads up..Doesn't recognize the mic
base37 = Works
base 38 = Works
base 57 = Loads up..Doesn't recognize the mic

CFG + Fat32

From the Configurable USB Loader thread:
QUOTE(Chebico @ Aug 2 2010, 02:05 PM) I was reading the other thread where people were saying base 56 is the best for rev20.
I was using base 57 and CFG58a and everything was sweet.. so i installed 249 with a base on 56 and CFG wouldn't find my hard drive.
I reinstalled base 57 and everythings fine again.. strange!.. first problem i've ever had!

Installed 56 to 250 instead, and ran the games using 250 and they worked.. so i dunno whats up there?!

So base IOS57 is able to detect HDDs which base IOS56 cant't?
IOS56 can't detect USB instruments.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's strange...I don't have Karaoke revolution, but the USB microphone worked fine in Rock Band 2 when I tested rev20 with a base IOS of 56.

(I used wiiloader...but I doubt that makes a difference)

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wever said:
That's strange...I don't have Karaoke revolution, but the USB microphone worked fine in Rock Band 2 when I tested rev20 with a base IOS of 56.

(I used wiiloader...but I doubt that makes a difference)
Really? I haven't actually tested it yet but someone said that it didn't detect USB instruments.

haiggoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It does, check out the testing results of the last few pages! Maybe you confused that with IOS57 which actually doesn't support USB-Instruments...

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haiggoh said:
It does, check out the testing results of the last few pages! Maybe you confused that with IOS57 which actually doesn't support USB-Instruments...
Okay, thanks for clearing it up.

x4mer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
haiggoh said:
[PS: My suggestion is to keep rev19 for the moment as rev20 seems to have some bugs. rev21 will have those fixed so better wait for it!
rev19 already offered IOS56 as base IOS, didn't it? So there would be no need to use rev 20.

Rev 19 didn't offer 56 as a base, only 37,38,57,60. IOS 56 wasn't available from NUS, as it only came on GH5 (others?). Since GH5 shipped with it, USB support had to be included for the mic. Not being available from NUS, made it not an option for the CIOS installers.

When 4.3 came out, IOS 56 was included, and became available on NUS. This opened the door for installers to use it as a base.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Anyone? Not that I'll be installing this release but I'm guessing the results will be the same with rev21 and I'd like to know (thanks to the crappy Naked Bros. I picked up 3 brand new mics, along with 3 copies of the crappy game, for $5 each as I'm sure many others did too
laugh.gif
).

Also I see someone said base 56 worked with DSI:PH, so I take it that means it'll work with all the custom singing games coming out. Anyone confirmed?

haiggoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@x4mer: Ah, that explains why it hasn't be discovered before. So after all the 4.3 update was at least useful for a purpose
wink.gif
yaywii.gif

I'm looking forward to rev21. But for the moment I'll rather keep my Hermes v4 37 merged with 38 as well as Waninkoko rev19 with base 57.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
x4mer said:
haiggoh said:
[PS: My suggestion is to keep rev19 for the moment as rev20 seems to have some bugs. rev21 will have those fixed so better wait for it!

Rev 19 didn't offer 56 as a base, only 37,38,57,60. IOS 56 wasn't available from NUS, as it only came on GH5 (others?). Since GH5 shipped with it, USB support had to be included for the mic. Not being available from NUS, made it not an option for the CIOS installers.

When 4.3 came out, IOS 56 was included, and became available on NUS. This opened the door for installers to use it as a base.
No. 4.3 update came with IOS58 not IOS56. IOS56 was already released but it was finally used by The Beatles: Rock Band and Super Mario Galaxy 2 which was IOS56 v5146.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k