Hacking Monster Hunter 3 and USB Loader GX

Hezkore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
(SOLVED)

Ok so I've been trying none-stop to get Monster Hunter 3 to work but with no luck...
I'm using latest USB Loader GX, Wii firmware 4.1E and I've tried all those 222/223 merged with 37 & 38 things without any different results.

What ALWAYS happens is that the game launches just fine, but when I press A to start a new game, it freezes and I get a constant BEEEEEEP sound.
It doesn't seem to matter what cIOS I try, they all give me the same problem... Freeze 'n' Beep!

I've read quite a lot about this problem but I have yet to find a solution for it, any suggestions? :/

(Burning a DVD is not an option for me so we can skip Gecko and SoftChip and all that straight away)

UPDATE: Right so now everything just magically works... I haven't done anything... but it works...

Beanor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hezkore said:
(SOLVED)

Ok so I've been trying none-stop to get Monster Hunter 3 to work but with no luck...
I'm using latest USB Loader GX, Wii firmware 4.1E and I've tried all those 222/223 merged with 37 & 38 things without any different results.

What ALWAYS happens is that the game launches just fine, but when I press A to start a new game, it freezes and I get a constant BEEEEEEP sound.
It doesn't seem to matter what cIOS I try, they all give me the same problem... Freeze 'n' Beep!

I've read quite a lot about this problem but I have yet to find a solution for it, any suggestions? :/

(Burning a DVD is not an option for me so we can skip Gecko and SoftChip and all that straight away)

UPDATE: Right so now everything just magically works... I haven't done anything... but it works...

Wow, send me some of that magic....Exact same scenario. 222/223 merged with 37 & 38. Uloader and usbloader gx: will not play....help!

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Beanor said:
Hezkore said:
(SOLVED)

Wow, send me some of that magic....Exact same scenario. 222/223 merged with 37 & 38. Uloader and usbloader gx: will not play....help!

See my video tutorial for MH3 stuff here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZosgV5OcZi8 I made some other MH3 related movies for Youtube, going online, play through disc channel... Check them out!

qwik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Beanor said:
Hezkore said:
(SOLVED)

I solved the beeping problem after installing ios222/223 merged with 37 & 38 etc. using Configuable USB Loader with settings to use ios222-nload. Took a little bit of messing with it, but it works so far. This is on a NTSC-U version of the game btw
Good Luck!

shampie

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,

I got MH3 to work mostly.
I was able to setup my char. modify the whole of it.
Played the game for a while until I got back in the village and checked my "hunting report" and I get the beeeeeep sound that some of us got when starting a new game. Same effect!

Anyone else having this issue?
--4.1u

Naba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any ideas why i can play off a usb flash drive and it loads fine but on my seagate freeagent go freezes up when i try to load the game from any usb loader i use?

dughug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shampie said:
Hey,

Played the game for a while until I got back in the village and checked my "hunting report" and I get the beeeeeep sound that some of us got when starting a new game. Same effect!

--4.1u

@Shampie:

Exact same thing is happening to me. The only time MH Tri freezes is when I talk to the Chief's Son and select "hunting report". I'm using 4.2u, neogamma R7 revision 19. Have you got a fix for this yet?

Doug

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dughug said:
shampie said:
Hey,

--4.1u

@Shampie:

Exact same thing is happening to me. The only time MH Tri freezes is when I talk to the Chief's Son and select "hunting report". I'm using 4.2u, neogamma R7 revision 19. Have you got a fix for this yet?

Doug
Try loading the game through uLoader after having installed cIOS223 IOS37+38.

Sandlord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay guys i had the same exact beep issue and i just fixed it , click on the game settings and chose IOS222
tongue.gif
hope it works for everyone just like it did with me. hf

kratos27

Trophies
XP
Country
Sandlord said:
okay guys i had the same exact beep issue and i just fixed it , click on the game settings and chose IOS222
tongue.gif

Sandlordddd
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
I registered on this forum just to say a big THANK YOU...After hours of researching on how to get MH3 to work and installing and uninstalling god knows how many CIos, different IOS's and usb loaders, it finally works
yay.gif
Cheers Bud

cinnamontear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sandlord said:
tongue.gif

Same here, I am doubling with Kratos27.... had to register just to tell you THANK YOU Sandlord!!!! A really BIG THANK YOU!

yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif
yaywii.gif

raskofshadows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a wii and softmodded my 4.3. I downgraded to 4.1 I'm trying to get this game to work. I know I have hermes installed but I don't know what any of this merging stuff is. Can anyone lend me a hand? My msn is [email protected]

==EDIT== I fucked around with it abit and it seems I do have them merged( yay tutorial). It comes up as ios222-yal on the options screen, last time it gave an error. This time it started the game but it still gave the beep. Uguu~ Trying 223.

== EDIT 2 ==
Tried 222 Mload and it loaded but still that retarded beep. 223 worked finally.

princeofcorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For everyone who still has any problems, the PAL version just doesn't seem to work, so get a NTSC copy and I just used Pimp My Wii V2.22 and select install CIOS, and install 222 and 223 with 37 merged with 38, and it should play (Untested with other usb loaders, only uloader)

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. This game worked for me the first time I tried it lol.
I used CFG loader though if that makes a difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work