How to update USB Loader GX without risking causing future issues?

AceKiron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Greetings!

Now that my dad's moving, I'm helping him set up internet, TV, etc. but I was wondering how to update USB Loader GX.
It generally works fine, but it'd be amazing if I could get online multiplayer to work. Although I don't see the Private server option and dad's worried we might not be able to open USB Loader GX at all anymore if I update it or maybe even worse, not be able to use the Wii at all!

The Wii's USB Loader GX is currently on version v3.0 IOS249 (Rev 21008).
The Wii itself it on version 4.1E

How do I update it without possibly making the loader or the entire Wii unusable?
Do I need to do anything besides clicking the Update button in settings?

Sincerely,
Ace

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Run syscheck
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

The drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to in order to update your softmods (E. G. IOS249)

Modmii.github.io

U can also drag and drop your sd card or usb drive letter onto modmii.exe and it will check for updates to any apps it detects on the devices (I. E. Usbloader gx)

Future versions of gx should be able to update itself, but your current version will not be able to.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.😉

How to update USB Loader GX without risking causing future issues?

I can assure you,you should have not to have an Fears.
I "left" my Wii´s over 1 Year in an dark Corner of my Workplace.
No Priiloader Update,no USBLoader update,no Wiitdb.xml etc.etc.

2 Days ago I decided to re-activate my very first Wii.No Idea,was sich nicht alles geändert hat im letzten Jahr.
(By the Way,@XFlak - I am very,very glad to see,you are in "good Shape again" and still kicking the Wii with your awesome Modmii,my Friend.❤️❤️❤️)

- Installed Priiloader Update
- Updated USBLoader GX (from the Link in @blackb0x Support Thread)
- Updated the Database.

And what should I say ? From my counted 1.300 Wii Games I tried many and all of them are working without any Settingschange.❤️😉👍
I think,that´s an an thrustful Sign,isn´t it ?

So for your Case,I think the Best Solution for the USBLoader GX is to delete the Folder in "apps" and copy over the latest Release.
@blackb0x and his trustful Testers did a very good Work,so I am pretty sure,it is no longer needed to change anything in the Game Settings like in the Past.❤️

Good Luck and have Fun with the Loader.😉

Reactions: jeannotte

AceKiron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it possible to do this without an SD card reader? We might be able to buy one, but currently we don't have any and it seems the USB only contains the games for USB Loader GX, not an apps folder or anything.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u don't have apps saved to usb or sd then you must be using a channel with the app hardcoded/embedded in it, which is not generally recommended

I would save apps to your hdd, making sure it's fat32 and MBR, then confirm u can launch apps from usb via the hbc

Once u do this, install a regular forwarder channel and this will launch the updated app saved to usb, and u can delete your old gx channel using data management settings

If u need help with this try modmii's usbloader setup wizard/guide, but you should still also update your softmods by either using the main wizard and telling it your wii is a virgin even if it isn't, or modmii's syscheck updater wizard, or the guide as wii.hacks.guide

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto