Help is needed, 3ds not booting without sd card.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by tho, Aug 22, 2016.

1. tho
    OP

tho Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Basically, I put CFW onto my 3ds with arm9loaderhax etc and want to get rid of the cfw and reset to stock so I can re-sell it.

I have reset the 3DS to factory settings and it won't boot up without the sd card in, the blue light will just turn on then fade off.

I want to get it to be able to boot up fine without the sd card so I can sell it :/]

any help?

2. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Do you have a sysnand_original.bin ?

3. tho
    OP

tho Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Yes, I already restored that and it still does the same.

4. Davidosky99

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Try to restore with decrypt9wip without the "keep a9lh"

5. Ironknight

Ironknight GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2016
    Gambia, The
    restore it with decrypt9 instead of hourglass9. Hourglass9 protects A9LH.

6. Davidosky99

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Or just use the latest release of safea9lhinstaller to remove a9lh

7. tho
    OP

tho Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Will try the above. Thank you, will let you know how it goes.

8. tho
    OP

tho Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    All fixed, thanks guys!

9. Hagan1269

Hagan1269 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    Hi guys I have the same problem: n3ds can't turn on without sd card in it. I was trying to get luma through arm9. I don't think I have sysnand_original.bin. Where can I find it / if I don't have it what should I do to fix this problem?

10. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    To into fbi, copy arm9loaderhax.bin, then go into ctrnand, then paste it. That should fix it.

11. Hagan1269

Hagan1269 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    Wow thanks a lot! It worked. So if I worked to delete homebrew and all the other stuff what would I do? Thank for all the help.

12. Giodude

Giodude GBAtemp's official rock

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    If you really wanted to delete a9lh, which i cannot stress how much you shouldn't as it makes your 3ds go up in value, download safe a9lh installer, overwrite arm9loaderhax.bin, boot up the 3ds and uninstall arm9loaderhax.

13. Hagan1269

Hagan1269 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    @Giodude Hey I know this isn't the right post to ask a question but I can't pm you or post a question for some reason, so sorry about that.

Story: I got to the point in the guide where I enter in the url when the ds is in version 2.0.1. The mistake I made was not pressing start rather than pressing select. What happened was my ds turned off and I didn't get to the stage where I injecting a9hl and fbi into my 3ds. After that I thought I had bricked because my ds was black screening when I turned it on. Some how I opened decript9 and rebooted up my back-up NAND. I got scared and pulled all the files out of my sd card and put in my files before I tried to hack it. Now we are here at this post, my ds is back to v 11.2 but it doesn't turn on without sd. I didn't have fbi because I didn't get to the point in the guide where you inject it so I found a different way to get fbi on my ds and then followed your answer to fix the sd problem.

So now I wanted to try and hack my N3DSXL again. I followed the guide again got the files up to the point where I tried to get made 3ds to version 2.0.1 but when ever I tried to get past the safehax stage it would give me this error PM INIT FAILED! I think the other error message was arm9loader not found.

Do you know a fix? Also since I already have fbi will i have to inject again?
    The three pictures I uploaded are what is on my sd card currently, what it was like when I tried hack it again and got those errors, and what the sd card looked like before I booted up my backup and purged my sd card. I still have those files on my desktop.

Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

14. tnecniv43208

tnecniv43208 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2016
    Taiwan
    Really can't tell if this is a troll but
    1.If you can get to 2.0.1 then you're not using plailect's guide which should be 2.1.0, you stated it twice so I don't know if it's a typo
    2.You said you pressed select instead of start? From the guide:
    • Press (Select) to Full Install
    So I really don't know what you've read and have you done

3.You may want to be clear of the process you have done, did you launch fasthax? And what happened after you got arm9loader not found?
    Also injecting FBI isn't hard and shouldn't be considered if you can't even launch safehax, and what do you mean you got a different way to get FBI on your ds? .3dsx version? Well if so you can always make a backup of it
    You may want to try different entry point than menuhax though I see soundhax installed as well, which entry point are you using, shouldn't matter but sometimes miracle happens, or try to rename the safehaxpayload.bin again

Last edited by tnecniv43208, Feb 4, 2017
  15. Hagan1269

Hagan1269 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    ya typo on the first(2.1.0) and typo on the second (pressed start not select). I ran fasthax then started up safehax and it gave me errors.

16. tnecniv43208

Nov 9, 2016
    Taiwan
    For right now which one is it?

17. Hagan1269

Hagan1269 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    I'm on the part where safehax is giving me error massages. I'm sure that after I can get back into 2.1.0 I can finish hacking but right now it seems like I can't.

18. tnecniv43208

Nov 9, 2016
    Taiwan
    I mean which error, if it's pm init failed most likely you didn't run fasthax, it's not a thing you run one time and it's forever

19. Hagan1269

Hagan1269 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2017
    United States
    Alright I will have to get back to you on that got to go to work

20. neutro

neutro Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2016
    Can please someone give me a tutorial or a link to one for decript9 to install my original nand? i have the same problem and i cant find any tutorial, I am a new in this kind of situations and i need help.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —