Homebrew Help is needed, 3ds not booting without sd card.

tho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I put CFW onto my 3ds with arm9loaderhax etc and want to get rid of the cfw and reset to stock so I can re-sell it.

I have reset the 3DS to factory settings and it won't boot up without the sd card in, the blue light will just turn on then fade off.

I want to get it to be able to boot up fine without the sd card so I can sell it :/]

any help?

Hagan1269

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I have the same problem: n3ds can't turn on without sd card in it. I was trying to get luma through arm9. I don't think I have sysnand_original.bin. Where can I find it / if I don't have it what should I do to fix this problem?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I have the same problem: n3ds can't turn on without sd card in it. I was trying to get luma through arm9. I don't think I have sysnand_original.bin. Where can I find it / if I don't have it what should I do to fix this problem?
To into fbi, copy arm9loaderhax.bin, then go into ctrnand, then paste it. That should fix it.

Hagan1269

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thanks a lot! It worked. So if I worked to delete homebrew and all the other stuff what would I do? Thank for all the help.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thanks a lot! It worked. So if I worked to delete homebrew and all the other stuff what would I do? Thank for all the help.
If you really wanted to delete a9lh, which i cannot stress how much you shouldn't as it makes your 3ds go up in value, download safe a9lh installer, overwrite arm9loaderhax.bin, boot up the 3ds and uninstall arm9loaderhax.

Hagan1269

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Giodude Hey I know this isn't the right post to ask a question but I can't pm you or post a question for some reason, so sorry about that.

Story: I got to the point in the guide where I enter in the url when the ds is in version 2.0.1. The mistake I made was not pressing start rather than pressing select. What happened was my ds turned off and I didn't get to the stage where I injecting a9hl and fbi into my 3ds. After that I thought I had bricked because my ds was black screening when I turned it on. Some how I opened decript9 and rebooted up my back-up NAND. I got scared and pulled all the files out of my sd card and put in my files before I tried to hack it. Now we are here at this post, my ds is back to v 11.2 but it doesn't turn on without sd. I didn't have fbi because I didn't get to the point in the guide where you inject it so I found a different way to get fbi on my ds and then followed your answer to fix the sd problem.

So now I wanted to try and hack my N3DSXL again. I followed the guide again got the files up to the point where I tried to get made 3ds to version 2.0.1 but when ever I tried to get past the safehax stage it would give me this error PM INIT FAILED! I think the other error message was arm9loader not found.

Do you know a fix? Also since I already have fbi will i have to inject again?
The three pictures I uploaded are what is on my sd card currently, what it was like when I tried hack it again and got those errors, and what the sd card looked like before I booted up my backup and purged my sd card. I still have those files on my desktop.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Current.png
    Current.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 444
  • Before.png
    Before.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 461
  • Trying to hack ds again.png
    Trying to hack ds again.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 509
Reactions: alivebacon

tnecniv43208

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@Giodude Hey I know this isn't the right post to ask a question but I can't pm you or post a question for some reason, so sorry about that.

Story: I got to the point in the guide where I enter in the url when the ds is in version 2.0.1. The mistake I made was not pressing start rather than pressing select. What happened was my ds turned off and I didn't get to the stage where I injecting a9hl and fbi into my 3ds. After that I thought I had bricked because my ds was black screening when I turned it on. Some how I opened decript9 and rebooted up my back-up NAND. I got scared and pulled all the files out of my sd card and put in my files before I tried to hack it. Now we are here at this post, my ds is back to v 11.2 but it doesn't turn on without sd. I didn't have fbi because I didn't get to the point in the guide where you inject it so I found a different way to get fbi on my ds and then followed your answer to fix the sd problem.

So now I wanted to try and hack my N3DSXL again. I followed the guide again got the files up to the point where I tried to get made 3ds to version 2.0.1 but when ever I tried to get past the safehax stage it would give me this error PM INIT FAILED! I think the other error message was arm9loader not found.

Do you know a fix? Also since I already have fbi will i have to inject again?
The three pictures I uploaded are what is on my sd card currently, what it was like when I tried hack it again and got those errors, and what the sd card looked like before I booted up my backup and purged my sd card. I still have those files on my desktop.

Thanks for the help!
Really can't tell if this is a troll but
1.If you can get to 2.0.1 then you're not using plailect's guide which should be 2.1.0, you stated it twice so I don't know if it's a typo
2.You said you pressed select instead of start? From the guide:
  • Press (Select) to Full Install
So I really don't know what you've read and have you done

3.You may want to be clear of the process you have done, did you launch fasthax? And what happened after you got arm9loader not found?
Also injecting FBI isn't hard and shouldn't be considered if you can't even launch safehax, and what do you mean you got a different way to get FBI on your ds? .3dsx version? Well if so you can always make a backup of it
You may want to try different entry point than menuhax though I see soundhax installed as well, which entry point are you using, shouldn't matter but sometimes miracle happens, or try to rename the safehaxpayload.bin again

Last edited by tnecniv43208,

Hagan1269

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya typo on the first(2.1.0) and typo on the second (pressed start not select). I ran fasthax then started up safehax and it gave me errors.

Hagan1269

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the part where safehax is giving me error massages. I'm sure that after I can get back into 2.1.0 I can finish hacking but right now it seems like I can't.

tnecniv43208

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I mean which error, if it's pm init failed most likely you didn't run fasthax, it's not a thing you run one time and it's forever

neutro

Trophies
XP
Country
restore it with decrypt9 instead of hourglass9. Hourglass9 protects A9LH.

Can please someone give me a tutorial or a link to one for decript9 to install my original nand? i have the same problem and i cant find any tutorial, I am a new in this kind of situations and i need help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"